Network Vision/LTE - West Washington Market (Seattle/Puget Sound Region)

drlovety

Fastest I've seen.

Impossible speed. Definitely an error with the speedtest server. Sprints 5x5 configuration has a theoretical max of 37.5 mbps / 12.5 mbps UL-DL.

I made a video. Ill post it later. Um on youtube

Don't need to. The speedtest is wrong but you're no doubt getting very close to the maximum theoretical output of 37.5 mbps which is a good thing till you start getting a headache from standing in front of the panel :P

Theres a few more cities in WA that are on the list (Spokane is one) and I heard Bellingham is running LTE now. Still don't get why not Seattle or Everett.

The whole West Washington market is being deployed. Each site is being worked on and turned on the moment it is ready. Rural sites tend to come on faster because they have little no permitting and will come out and inspect work more frequently and faster.

Since Sprint allows each site to go live immediately, you get to see which order they come on. If they held them all for months and turned them all on at the same time, then you'd wouldn't be aware. This is a better method that allows people to use the ones that are complete instead of just leaving them there.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

The whole West Washington market is being deployed. Each site is being worked on and turned on the moment it is ready. Rural sites tend to come on faster because they have little no permitting and will come out and inspect work more frequently and faster.

Since Sprint allows each site to go live immediately, you get to see which order they come on. If they held them all for months and turned them all on at the same time, then you'd wouldn't be aware. This is a better method that allows people to use the ones that are complete instead of just leaving them there.

Thanks. That makes a lot of sense. Do you have any estimation on when the towers would be fully up in the puget sound area and/or major cities in western washington? I heard something about being ready by may?

Coming into work this morning i picked up an LTE signal in downtown Kirkand. It ran from the core downtown area to a little past Yarrow Bay along Lake Washington. .

Thanks. That makes a lot of sense. Do you have any estimation on when the towers would be fully up in the puget sound area and/or major cities in western washington? I heard something about being ready by may?

It will take awhile. Sprint will probably launch the market when it reaches 40% of sites converted. That will probably be this summer. However, full market completion of every site will probably be at the end of 2013 or early 2014. Complete coverage will happen long before all the sites are converted, though. For instance, Verizon still only has about 60% - 75% of their sites converted in markets with complete coverage.

Coming into work this morning i picked up an LTE signal in downtown Kirkand. It ran from the core downtown area to a little past Yarrow Bay along Lake Washington. .
uploadfromtaptalk1366646408155.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Robert, or anyone who might know - can we expect the area covered by an already active tower to expand? Specifically, I am asking about the tower on the east hill of Kent, which was one of the first to go "live". I live about 4 blocks outside of the area currently covered and I am wondering if I will need to wait for a newer tower to be activated before I will get 4G at my house.

Robert, or anyone who might know - can we expect the area covered by an already active tower to expand? Specifically, I am asking about the tower on the east hill of Kent, which was one of the first to go "live". I live about 4 blocks outside of the area currently covered and I am wondering if I will need to wait for a newer tower to be activated before I will get 4G at my house.

No. The current coverage by the 4g signal is the maximum that sprint is setting them at or the permanent setting. If you don't get a 4g signal in your location but you still get a decent 3g signal then your specific area is covered by an adjacent cell site that will provide a stronger signal. Trust me. You don't want to be on the edge of a 4g signal.

• Like 1

No. The current coverage by the 4g signal is the maximum that sprint is setting them at or the permanent setting. If you don't get a 4g signal in your location but you still get a decent 3g signal then your specific area is covered by an adjacent cell site that will provide a stronger signal. Trust me. You don't want to be on the edge of a 4g signal.

I actually get crappy 3G service at my house - always use WiFi when I'm home. I am hoping 4G will be better!

It looks like a big chunk of the Houghton area of Kirkland is covered. Had a signal from Carillon Point over to the 70th Street Exit on 405, then picked up another signal over by Redmond HS.