Network Vision/LTE - West Washington Market (Seattle/Puget Sound Region)

drlovety

Had the issue with my HTCONE this morning on meridian in Puyallup. Showed connected to lte but no data was moving. No matter what I did. Weird. Worked perfectly this weekend when I mapped it.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2

I'm having this issue too! It's been driving me crazy. 3G works fine but LTE shows connected, yet little or no data is getting through.

sent from my Galaxy Nexus with Tapatalk

Thank God it's not just me lol. Up here in Everett and Marysville I've been having this issue since late last week.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Been getting the issue on and off the last few days on my PhotonQ on the Olympia/Lacey towers... 4G connects, but no data (the bars stay grey) -- if I airplane mode it and back, it tends to reconnect with blue bars on LTE and fast data... seems to be an issue with the 3G network handing off the IP to 4G since if I start in an LTE area the data works great--but if I leave and come back into the LTE the data goes away...

Again, has only started this in the last few weeks, then it's on and off..

Also echo the quirkyness on the Galaxy Nexus... I upgraded the employee phones at work to these when they were free at Christmas (from Nexus S's--I wish I would have researched those... they were an IT nightmare!). It's *not* a bad phone, but there definitely is something up with the 4G--I told everyone that 4G was rolling out and they should start to have faster data... out of 8 phones, 6 seem to get 4G fine -- but I got complaints of navigation and data dropping in and out on 2 of them... on checking them out, these 2 seem to get considerably worse LTE signal than the others, and one in particular seems to take it's sweet time to find the LTE (like 10 minutes) where there is full service... all 8 phones have serial numbers within the same lot all within a block of 100 (they came out of the same box)... I hauled it in to sprint and they gave me the usual 'we don't see anything wrong with it... LTE isn't officially launched anyway...' bah!!

Been getting the issue on and off the last few days on my PhotonQ on the Olympia/Lacey towers... 4G connects, but no data (the bars stay grey) -- if I airplane mode it and back, it tends to reconnect with blue bars on LTE and fast data... seems to be an issue with the 3G network handing off the IP to 4G since if I start in an LTE area the data works great--but if I leave and come back into the LTE the data goes away...

Again, has only started this in the last few weeks, then it's on and off..

Also echo the quirkyness on the Galaxy Nexus... I upgraded the employee phones at work to these when they were free at Christmas (from Nexus S's--I wish I would have researched those... they were an IT nightmare!). It's *not* a bad phone, but there definitely is something up with the 4G--I told everyone that 4G was rolling out and they should start to have faster data... out of 8 phones, 6 seem to get 4G fine -- but I got complaints of navigation and data dropping in and out on 2 of them... on checking them out, these 2 seem to get considerably worse LTE signal than the others, and one in particular seems to take it's sweet time to find the LTE (like 10 minutes) where there is full service... all 8 phones have serial numbers within the same lot all within a block of 100 (they came out of the same box)... I hauled it in to sprint and they gave me the usual 'we don't see anything wrong with it... LTE isn't officially launched anyway...' bah!!

I stopped using my Moto Pho Q. The signal bugs drove me bonkers. And I don't even live in an LTE area. I constantly would lose data connections, go to gray. Since I have multiple devices and can use any one, the Q's bugs just didn't cut it for me.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

LTE in Marysville is working again FYI. Hopefully they'll keep the towers active now or they fixed whatever issues they were having.

Edit:

Short lived :( back to going to 3g.

That's weird, I don't even have EHRPD anymore, cdma rev A now.

It's been happening all the time during active deployment, nothing to worry about.

• Like 1

I noticed a couple of new spots appear in Sensorly on I-5 in Tumwater this morning & I had planned to drive that way today so recorded the drive and was able to expand on the LTE footprint slightly. Data is uploading at the moment. Must be a new tower somewhere around Tumwater.

I noticed a couple of new spots appear in Sensorly on I-5 in Tumwater this morning & I had planned to drive that way today so recorded the drive and was able to expand on the LTE footprint slightly. Data is uploading at the moment. Must be a new tower somewhere around Tumwater.

I think my phone put that there the other day when I drove down to Centralia to see my folks.. I have an HTC One now and the LTE rf is *much* better than what it was on my PhotonQ.. SignalCheck Pro dinged on the way down through that stretch south of Tumwater but not on the way back up.

As for the site, I'm not sure which one it's coming from... I live in the Olympia area, and so far the LTE is coming from 2 sites -- the one on the office building downtown by the 4th ave bridge, and the lattice tower in Lacey at College St. The LTE in Tumwater is very spotty, so it could just be a result of spill from Olympia downtown... the only other site I could think it's coming from (that I havent checked) is the site over by the airport by Pick-A-Part... will check that out this week.

Also, if anyone else is from Olympia, have you noticed calls dropping nonstop in the last week? Particularly downtown... it's getting annoying--I have full signal but the calls are choppy and drop.

N

The problem is likely your weak handset. The Galaxy Nexus is basically junk because of its chipset configuration, which features separate CDMA2000 and LTE basebands from VIA Telecom and Samsung, respectively, both of which can operate independently and are sub par compared to a singular Qualcomm solution.

My guess is that you were likely attracted to the Galaxy Nexus by unadulterated Android, but you got substandard hardware in exchange. That was a bad choice, but it is also one that you will likely not face again anytime soon, as any CDMA2000 compatible Nexus handset is probably never again in the offing.

AJ

Really? This is your idea of help? Beat this dead horse of a topic and bash the handset. Of course. Never mind the fact that it's been working for well over a month with no problems and happened to start having an issue that is being discussed here (reminder, the current discussion is about issues with signal in areas, not what device people are using and your opinion as to what is wrong with them).

And thanks for pointing out my "bad choice" by the way. I just wish you had been there to correct me before I purchased this phone and saved me from all this hassle! Oh, but this is actually an issue with the tower, so maybe where I live is the bad choice? Should I have bought a house across town? Please, enlighten me. Then again, please don't.

In that case, the cause could just be, as of yet, highly incomplete LTE deployment. I happened to pass through Seattle two weeks ago and grabbed LTE upon landing at Sea-Tac. Otherwise, LTE was almost non existent, as our maps have indicated.

AJ

There we go. Thanks for getting back on topic. This is actually what we were discussing.

Thank God it's not just me lol. Up here in Everett and Marysville I've been having this issue since late last week.

Still having issues with the Blaksey Junction tower. Not sure who to contact about the issue though.

I'm in Gresham area today and the LTE signal is strong and working great (yes, even on my Galaxy Nexus!!! Imagine that!) so this is definitely an issue with the towers and the new LTE rollout.

• Like 2

LTE in Marysville is working again FYI. Hopefully they'll keep the towers active now or they fixed whatever issues they were having.

Edit:

The big problem I have isn't that LTE isn't working (I understand this thing is still rolling out) but that it connects but transfers no data. I don't even realize it until I've missed a bunch of communications. So I just have to turn my LTE radio off until it's all figured out.

• Like 1

The big problem I have isn't that LTE isn't working (I understand this thing is still rolling out) but that it connects but transfers no data. I don't even realize it until I've missed a bunch of communications. So I just have to turn my LTE radio off until it's all figured out.

This happened to some federal way towers, near the Costco/Walmart/Exit 142B (I checked on May 19th)

Edit:

Yeah that's pretty much the issue I've been having. It's been off and on with some of these towers up north here the last few weeks. When it works it works great though!

Sounds like they had an outage or was doing some tweaking... Not only was LTE not transferring data all day in Olympia (it would aquire the signal but no data would flow), but EV-DO kept kicking on and off to just 1x on both my HTC One and Blackberry.

Yesterday had a really weird one in Lacey -- 1x and LTE was completely down and was roaming on Verizon for a good 2 hours for 1x and voice, however I had EV-DO available with great speeds -- verified with SignalCheck that it was Sprint EV-DO. Rebooted both my phones and had the same thing happening...

Also the voice quality in downtown Olympia has gotten god awful the last week or so -- full bars, but voice quality has been choppy to the point of unusuable with numerous dropped calls, particularly  at the base of the hill on Plum, up the hill by Ralph's and downtown and around the port/KGY areas. It starts off OK, but about 20 seconds in just goes to garbage.

Either something is messed up, or they are doing some work on all fronts right now...

The Western Washington news thread hasn't been active for a while. 

This morning I had to drive through parts of Tumwater that showed up on Sensorly a couple of weeks back so I mapped my trip to see if anything new is happening. I mapped new territory along Henderson Blvd and Old 99 past the Olympia airport. I stopped at the corner of Old Hwy 99 and 88th to get propane for the grill & ran a speed test while waiting. The test showed 19m down and 8m or 9m up. Also mapped a new spot on Israel Rd but it wasn't continuous as I drove along. Had to use airplane mode to get it back. Later in downtown Olympia I ran another test and only got 9m or 10m down - in an area that I'd had 19m or 20m previously. My battery was getting low so I didn't map ot test anything after that.

• Like 1

I recently mapped a bit as well... went south to see my folks on Wed... Got a good chunk along the freeway south of Chehalis, plus they've activated the site at Mary's Corner off hwy 12.

N

Sprint Zone popped up notification yesterday officially telling me that NV, in the form of better 3G and 4GLTE was happening in my area and that I should start seeing the improvements   :lol:

Just looked so I could screenshot it, but I can't seem t find and option to pull up former notifications :td:

At 76 gas station in North kirkland along 100th near safeway and picking up 4g. Sensory doesn't show anything so I'm tracking it. Getting 12 down / 4.6 up... Pretty good!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Edited by puhiniho
  • Like 1

At 76 gas station in North kirkland along 100th near safeway and picking up 4g. Sensory doesn't show anything so I'm tracking it. Getting 12 down / 4.6 up... Pretty good!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I was just at the Starbucks where the old Albertson's/US Bank are located when SignalChecker chimed in with a 4G notification.  They listed the BSL at 105th Pl NE (47.71034, -122.2).  Still nothing down by Juanita Beach.

Good news!