Network Vision/LTE - West Washington Market (Seattle/Puget Sound Region)

drlovety

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have some insight to why the LTE action in the Puget Sound area seems to have come to a dead halt (at least on the acceptance side)?  I think the only thing I've seen for the last couple of weeks on Robert's acceptance report are a handful of 3G acceptances. I'd gotten used to seeing a couple or handful with each update.  

I have been told by CenturyLink that their contractors are very behind on running fibre to their old ADSL1 DSLAMs.

I see seen several new DSLAMs that have been installed but not active yet.

This could be the same issue if Sprint is using CL for their data connection, Comcast doesn't go out of the urban areas, and a lot of areas can't use microwave due to the topology.

I have been told by CenturyLink that their contractors are very behind on running fibre to their old ADSL1 DSLAMs.

This could be the same issue if Sprint is using CL for their data connection, Comcast doesn't go out of the urban areas, and a lot of areas can't use microwave due to the topology.

It sucks that all these backhaul providers are so far behind. There should not be any excuses for this.. centurylink seems to be falling behind everywhere.

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

I'm just curious, at my house I get very crappy signals

EHRPD around 110~115dBm

LTE around 115~117dBm, (since LTE signal is very weak, it switches back and forth, I have WIFI at home so no big deal but would like to see better coverage in general especially voice coverage, I have to use Airave at home)

will I see better signal if century link or comcast finishes backhaul?

Edited by dhlee528

I'm just curious, at my house I get very crappy signals

EHRPD around 110~115dBm

LTE around 115~117dBm, (since LTE signal is very weak, it switches back and forth, I have WIFI at home so no big deal but would like to see better coverage in general especially voice coverage, I have to use Airave at home)

will I see better signal if century link or comcast finishes backhaul?

It depends if there are towers near you that haven't been upgraded yet.

Because we won't have 800 Mhz enabled in our area (too close to Canada), I doubt our signals will improve at all.

I'm personally waiting to see if the coverage improves at all in our area. I don't think it will as I have seen them remove iDEN towers, which would've been great if they converted those to Sprint-CDMA.

So if CenturyLink hasn't even ran the fiber to their DSLAMS, how has Verizon, ATT and T-Mobile been able to get fiber? Are they using a different backhaul provider? I know Comcast has fiber across their network -- seems like poor planning on Sprint's part if they knew CL was going to be so far behind... go with someone who isn't... If it's an issue with Comcast not hitting the more rural sites, go with CL there--but at least get the fiber where they can. It would also seem that Sprint should be able to connect to whatever provider is getting fiber to the others since they are co-located on many of the same sites...

So if CenturyLink hasn't even ran the fiber to their DSLAMS, how has Verizon, ATT and T-Mobile been able to get fiber? Are they using a different backhaul provider? I know Comcast has fiber across their network -- seems like poor planning on Sprint's part if they knew CL was going to be so far behind... go with someone who isn't... If it's an issue with Comcast not hitting the more rural sites, go with CL there--but at least get the fiber where they can. It would also seem that Sprint should be able to connect to whatever provider is getting fiber to the others since they are co-located on many of the same sites...

In my area (about 8 miles north of me), Verizon has installed one new tower I know of very high up, I would guess that they're using microwave. I'm surprised they even have power to this site.

CL says one thing and does something different, is my guess. They could be promising Sprint completion dates, and their contractors underestimating the work involved.

CL has been telling me "almost there, within a few months" for almost a year, now they recently told me that contractor is behind in the running of new fibre, has to run it about 6 miles. I see the Sprint (and former Nextel) sites on the outskirts in King County are using CL (Qwest), I can see their electrical panels.

I do see electrical contractors running overhead wires(fibre?) between Auburn and Black Diamond, I don't know what for or who for.

In my area AT&T and T-Mobile have no coverage for many miles, so no fibre run there.

I offered land for tower companies, but no one wants to install new towers.

• 1 month later...

Hey, I was curious is anyone has any updates for Northern Seattle area? More along in Shoreline, Lake Forest Park and Kenmore? For the past 4 months both data and voice have been horrible. I have been getting speeds if lucky breaking 1Mbps and voice between 1-2 bars.

Any information would be appreciated.

I haven't seen much improvements in Auburn/Federal Way/Enumclaw in a long time, and because the 800 Mhz frequency won't be used here for many years, I don't envision the service improving here at all.

I'm looking to move to T-Mo/AT&T and use the Nexus5. Having no signal is one thing, but causing the battery to die because of signal issues is another. :(

On the surface, work in the Seattle area seems to be at a stand still. While I'm sure work is still being done, the site acceptances seem few and far between for Western Washington these days. I'm fortunate that I have a good strong 3G signal right where I live and work in Kirkland, but I also know that a few blocks this way or that there is a good strong 4G signal. I'm just waiting for the sites at Juanita Beach and Yarrow Bay to go live and I'll be a happier camper.  

On the NV sites complete map, what is the difference between a yellow pin and purple pin? Some pins in the area changed from purple to yellow.

Purple denotes 4G completion and yellow denotes 4G and 3G completion on a tower

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

Anyone spotted any 800 Mhz voice connections?

Nothing in my area but I'm in the IBEZ zone.  I can say that the signal has improved slightly with completion of the 3G/4G NV in Port Orchard.  I unplugged my Airave yesterday and was surprised that I can now get 2-3 bars in the basement of my house.  It used to always be 1 bar or roaming so something has changed.

• Like 2

Nothing in my area but I'm in the IBEZ zone.  I can say that the signal has improved slightly with completion of the 3G/4G NV in Port Orchard.  I unplugged my Airave yesterday and was surprised that I can now get 2-3 bars in the basement of my house.  It used to always be 1 bar or roaming so something has changed.

Lucky you :tu: