Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

SNOW?

< nothing to see here, move along >

Nah..... 

Nothing to accumulate anyway. Might see some flash freezing on the roads, well bridges mostly. The ground is far to warm for any ice or snow accumulation. But the bridges are always the first to go.

• Like 2

On my drive in to work this morning with the G2 I past the I-270 & Olive site, I-270 & I-64 site and finally got to work right by the Flushing Meadows site by I-270 & Manchester. My phone didn't connect to any of those towers. Even after being at work for 10 minutes phone still didn't connect automatically to LTE. I had to toggle Airplane mode to get LTE. Not sure if that is an issue with phone tower but it was kind of irritating. I also notice the LTE antenna isn't as great as the S3 from what I can tell. Seems to drop the LTE connection sooner then what the S3 did.

Someone already mentioned it, but it's like the 3G/4G - 4G issue. Just about everyone else (who has working LTE) have said that the N5 beats every other LTE device hands down. 

I will be heading to a area that has two yellow near me. I will see what happens tonight.

Do you have any other devices to look at EVDO or 1X data on.  It will be interesting to see if it works on the 3G/4G site and also determine if the site is a full 3G or half 3G integration.

• Like 1

Do you have any other devices to look at EVDO or 1X data on. It will be interesting to see if it works on the 3G/4G site and also determine if the site is a full 3G or half 3G integration.

The EVO I normally use my cousin upgraded so I can't use it anymore. However I was sitting across from the James Eagan Center in Florissant and my 3G want working at all. Has to toggle airplane to get a signal. Is this what the N5 is experiencing?

Stopped in to the Marshall Wireless store here in town this evening. They didn't have G2 or N5 to try out but the tech who greeted me pulled out his G2 that he just activated. Showed about equal signal to my GNex. He didn't report any issues with LTE. Of course the site we were both connected to is 4G only so I won't know about 3G/4G sites until my N5 comes in.

Stopped in to the Marshall Wireless store here in town this evening. They didn't have G2 or N5 to try out but the tech who greeted me pulled out his G2 that he just activated. Showed about equal signal to my GNex. He didn't report any issues with LTE. Of course the site we were both connected to is 4G only so I won't know about 3G/4G sites until my N5 comes in.

Not liking those towers right now. I stopped by Old Halls Ferry & Argonne Frst and it isn't broadcasting yet for the G2 at least. 

Nah..... 

Nothing to accumulate anyway. Might see some flash freezing on the roads, well bridges mostly. The ground is far to warm for any ice or snow accumulation. But the bridges are always the first to go.

Oh man.  A weatherman making a prediction... ;)

• Like 1

LTE's launching everywhere tomorrow! Didn't ya hear? A friend of a friend heard it from a Sprint employee's brother so it must be true.

;)

Its good they are going to make us official but we the users of s4gru have already been consuming the LTE heavily.... :lol: