Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

Sure was till I hit that curb, blew a tire, bent the rim, and then lugs. Now not so much.

Just be thankful it wasn't worse, a couple of really bad accidents this weekend, one in Behalto, and one in Red Bud, where people either lost lives or we're seriously injuries.

• Like 1

In your experience so far have you been able to connect to a 4G only tower?

I am and have been able to connect to the 4g only @ olive/270, however I am not sure that I can connect to every 4g only tower.

I know that it *seems* (without having time to verify) that I can not connect to the same amount of lte I had connected on my note 2.

Whether that is an issue with the tower(s), the device, or the network, I haven't been able to determine.

If they just took care of the 3g/4g issue this thing is insane, unfortunately that mother head site broadcasts insane far and mucks with thing out here.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Have you tried any other Yellows? How about a PRL update?

Idk guy from Florida said it worked for him.

On my drive in to work this morning with the G2 I past the I-270 & Olive site, I-270 & I-64 site and finally got to work right by the Flushing Meadows site by I-270 & Manchester. My phone didn't connect to any of those towers. Even after being at work for 10 minutes phone still didn't connect automatically to LTE. I had to toggle Airplane mode to get LTE. Not sure if that is an issue with phone tower but it was kind of irritating. I also notice the LTE antenna isn't as great as the S3 from what I can tell. Seems to drop the LTE connection sooner then what the S3 did.

Stlman, you are right near some yellow spots which I think its picking up and kicking you off. I get way way better reception than my neighbors with s3s around 4g only towers but if I'm even near yellow towers it screws it all to hell

I'm not sure if this makes me want my N5 quicker or slower.

At this point I wouldn't count on quicker.  I've been checking my invoice page everyday for the past 8 days and haven't seen that date budge.

At this point I wouldn't count on quicker.  I've been checking my invoice page everyday for the past 8 days and haven't seen that date budge.

I know and I keep checking my credit card statement and having weird things show up. Hoping they might have charged it before sending me an email. First they charged the full amount as a pre-auth which i expected. Then it fell off 3 days later which i also expected. On Friday I received another credit for the full price of the phone. That credit fell of today. I called them again and they said everything was fine.

Basically i had 1 charge and 2 credits for the price of the phone so this weekend my credit limit was like $400 more than normal.

SNOW?

< nothing to see here, move along >

Oh yeah!

Night

Mostly cloudy and breezy; a passing evening shower followed by a snow shower late

• Snow: 0.05 in

Quick....everybody run to the store for snow shovels, milk, and bread!   Also, don't forget to drive as bad as possible.

Oh yeah!

Night

Mostly cloudy and breezy; a passing evening shower followed by a snow shower late

Quick....everybody run to the store for snow shovels, milk, and bread!   Also, don't forget to drive as bad as possible.

"...don't forget to drive as bad as possible."  No need to remind everyone.  They will drive like idiots.  It must be built into the DNA of most of the drivers in the area.

Oh yeah! NightMostly cloudy and breezy; a passing evening shower followed by a snow shower late 

Thats Missourians for ya.....

Stlman, you are right near some yellow spots which I think its picking up and kicking you off. I get way way better reception than my neighbors with s3s around 4g only towers but if I'm even near yellow towers it screws it all to hell

Once I toggled airplane mode I've been fine since. On my way home I'm going to see if hands off to the MO Bap site which is a yellow site then to 270 & Olive which is a purple site.

• Like 1

At the store getting a g2, go test purple soon

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Do you guys track the PN's so you know which 1x and EV sites you are on? Ericsson does half 3g integrations at time as well where EVDO comes later but you can tell from the sector ID if it is NV or not. And now you can easily tell on the 1x side now if it is legacy or not with the engineering screens. It might be helpful to know some of this when testing in areas where you think it won't have issues but it does.