Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

Its anyone guess really and honestly if you read the forums here you probably know more than the salespeople . There is one accepted NV 3G site down town at the Lumiere Hotel and 2 other in the STL area that are said to be on a dispatch list, exactly what that means isn't real clear. I have looked at one of those sites a couple times and saw nothing NV looking there yet. I plan on going back this weekend again. My plan is going every payday weekend until I see LTE lite up on the note 2 finally.

Also LTE in St Louis leaves a lot of ground when asking for a guess of a date. Is that the 1st site that test LTE, a live LTE site that you can go try yourself, minimal coverage, enough coverage for Sprint to announce you can try it, officially launched, or 100% complete. My birthday is the middle of may and I hope to have tried LTE by then, most likely by driving 20 minutes to go check it out somewhere.

Joplin was the first town announce by Sprint as having LTE in coming months back in October and hasn't tested any thing yet but all signs are it will happen very soon. The equipment boxs are on the ground at one site confirmed and pictures posted to back it up.

Its anyone guess really and honestly if you read the forums here you probably know more than the salespeople . There is one accepted NV 3G site down town at the Lumiere Hotel and 2 other in the STL area that are said to be on a dispatch list, exactly what that means isn't real clear. I have looked at one of those sites a couple times and saw nothing NV looking there yet. I plan on going back this weekend again. My plan is going every payday weekend until I see LTE lite up on the note 2 finally.

Also LTE in St Louis leaves a lot of ground when asking for a guess of a date. Is that the 1st site that test LTE, a live LTE site that you can go try yourself, minimal coverage, enough coverage for Sprint to announce you can try it, officially launched, or 100% complete. My birthday is the middle of may and I hope to have tried LTE by then, most likely by driving 20 minutes to go check it out somewhere.

Joplin was the first town announce by Sprint as having LTE in coming months back in October and hasn't tested any thing yet but all signs are it will happen very soon. The equipment boxs are on the ground at one site confirmed and pictures posted to back it up.

the new panels and RRUS are already up on the tower just waiting for backhaul i visit the site every night

• Like 3

the new panels and RRUS are already up on the tower just waiting for backhaul i visit the site every night

Someone needs to buy you a beer for the observations. :thx:

• Like 1

Not that anybody knows but would it be safe to say we should see LTE in the STL by July or closer to the end of the year? Sprint reps in the stores in my area 1st said by the end of 2012 then around June of this year, then today I spoke with 2 different reps in two different stores and they both said I would be lucky to see any LTE before the end of 2013!!! My guess is that they have no idea.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

You WILL have LTE by the end of the year. Pretty much every market should have substantial LTE coverage by the end of the year, as Sprint wants to be getting close to wrapping things up by the end of the year. I would say that there should be at least large patches of LTE by summer, if not pretty good coverage. Work has already started in Joplin, and Sprint has started pulling permits in Springfield, so it's only a matter of time now before we start seeing LTE signals go live in the Missouri market.

I admire your dedication, but am concerned about your priorities.

The reason I visit at night is because I go to work first this thread isn't about me going to work though it's about the roll out in the Missouri market

I admire your dedication, but am concerned about your priorities.

So while I admire you being "concerned" about what other people do with their spare time, maybe you should keep your opinions to yourself and stay on the topic of the thread.

Not that anybody knows but would it be safe to say we should see LTE in the STL by July or closer to the end of the year? Sprint reps in the stores in my area 1st said by the end of 2012 then around June of this year, then today I spoke with 2 different reps in two different stores and they both said I would be lucky to see any LTE before the end of 2013!!! My guess is that they have no idea.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I definitely share your frustration here. I was promised LTE by the end of the year (2012) by a Sprint rep when I renewed my contract in September. Had I known it would be another full year I would have ported my number to another carrier. It sucks having this amazing phone and being restricted by a slow network. Yeah WiFi helps but I can't always be connected to WiFi. I just wish Sprint would have been more honest with us as customers about their LTE deployment. At least they should have made this information accessible to their staff so they weren't making false promises. And now I'm stuck in a contract that will be at least half over by the time LTE service is turned on. Thanks for the honest salesmanship Sprint.

I definitely share your frustration here. I was promised LTE by the end of the year (2012) by a Sprint rep when I renewed my contract in September. Had I known it would be another full year I would have ported my number to another carrier. It sucks having this amazing phone and being restricted by a slow network. Yeah WiFi helps but I can't always be connected to WiFi. I just wish Sprint would have been more honest with us as customers about their LTE deployment. At least they should have made this information accessible to their staff so they weren't making false promises. And now I'm stuck in a contract that will be at least half over by the time LTE service is turned on. Thanks for the honest salesmanship Sprint.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1197-s4gru-posting-guidelines-aka-the-rulez/

Negative comments. Negative comments about Sprint and/or S4GRU are allowed. However, negative comments must be constructive in nature, relevant to the topic and the conversation, illustrate facts, be made rationally and intelligently and cannot have an attack tone. Rants will not be allowed. We do not host Sprint's complaints. Complaints about Sprint should be directed to their customer service channels.

Do what you have to do.

In addition to what lilotimz said, it will not be September before LTE is turned on. Work is starting now, we expect the first LTE signals in Joplin within weeks, and in STL not long after that. I would anticipate significant LTE coverage by the end of Spring.

http://s4gru.com/ind...-aka-the-rulez/

Do what you have to do.

Wait so by posting a complaint about Sprint I am breaking some sort of rule? I'm sorry, but in reading this rule, I do not see how my post violates it. Yes, I was complaining about Sprint, however I was sharing frustration with another poster, thus keeping it relevant to the conversation. My post was not intended to be a 'rant', just meant to be a response to the post I quoted. I know this isn't the sprint customer service page. Besides, they have already heard an ear full from me, which yielded no result. That being said, I suppose I'll keep future complaints about Sprint to myself. I obviously don't post on here often anyway... I just come here to check on the progress of the LTE rollout in St. Louis. Sorry if my post came off more rant-ish than I intended. I'm just frustrated with Sprint.

If the deployment process is going to be faster than what I'm thinking, thats great. Honestly, though, I think mike7n2004 was right. Sprint's staff really has no idea what to expect when it comes to rollout dates, as evidenced by people such as him and myself that were expecting it to have happened already. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the new towers in St. Louis that have gone up (such as the one at Lumiere) just 3G towers? Have they started work on ANY LTE sites in the St. Louis area yet? I know Joplin is in progress as we speak, but work in Joplin now doesn't necessarily mean work in St. Louis will be starting as quickly as we would hope. There's a lot to do in Joplin, and it may be a while before they can start moving workers and resources toward St. Louis. Dkoellerwx, I am afraid I do not share your optimism about St. Louis' LTE rollout. I'm sorry to say it, but based on how slow it's been thus far, and based on how long it takes from the time Sprint starts working on the first site until LTE starts hitting people's phones, I don't think the end of Spring is a good projection for St. Louis. I honestly expect 2014 to be when my phone shows an LTE logo in the notification bar, which is why I'm upset. Fall 2013 at the earliest.

I really hope that I'm wrong about this. And if anyone has any updates about LTE sites in the St. Louis area that proves me wrong, please tell me. I welcome it.

• Like 1

Here is why we believe that work will begin to move along more quickly than it may seem right now. Sprint is working on whole markets at a time, not just a city here or there like Verizon or AT&T does. So when Sprint starts working on the Missouri market, they are working on the whole Missouri market. That's everything from Joplin to Springfield to Columbia, St. Louis and even parts of Illinois.

There are many different subcontractors working for Ericsson, who is working for Sprint to upgrade the Missouri market. So it's not like we have to wait for the crews in Joplin to finish up before they start working in STL. There will be separate crews.

As far as the be tower downtown, yes it's 3G, but we have from a source that towers in other parts of STL should be underway here shortly. Once things start moving, it should go at a pretty good pace.

Finally, however slow the rollout seems to you, the reality is that Sprint is rolling out LTE faster than either Verizon or AT&T have. They are overhauling their entire network in just over 2 years. I don't see another carrier with that aggressive of a plan.

Sent from my GS3 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 6

I just talked with a very polite guy who is one of three working today on the trench for the conduit for the fiber backhaul to the site off W. Florescent near I270 in St Louis. There are two new cabinets he said the cable fiber will go to and then he pointed over to where 2 more cabinets yet to be installed. The fiber will go to those 2 from the 2 in place now.

I should wait till I get back home to post but anyway... There was no new panels on the tower or boxes of waiting to be installed in the fenced in area around the tower.

The guy said things should go a lot faster once the fiber is in.

I should wait till I get back home to post but anyway... There was no new panels on the tower or boxes of waiting to be installed in the fenced in area around the tower.

The guy said things should go a lot faster once the fiber is in.

why do they not use the same layout for towers being upgraded (i.e. tower in joplin has rrus and new panels but no backhaul, tower in st. louis is getting backhaul but does not have new panels and rrus installed) is this just a circus show or is there method to the madness?

why do they not use the same layout for towers being upgraded (i.e. tower in joplin has rrus and new panels but no backhaul, tower in st. louis is getting backhaul but does not have new panels and rrus installed) is this just a circus show or is there method to the madness?

I would imagine that it has to do with which crews can be scheduled when. If the project foremen remain flexible as to which tasks get completed before/after others, the whole project can be completed sooner. If, however, the backhaul just wait until after the installation and the installers can't make it out yet, then the whole project waits. It seems to me that keeping it flexible keeps it moving. This is a big project with many people overseeing many pieces. To think that every piece would go like all others when every instance has its own challenges, is likely asking a bit much. I say that if the backhaul care is available, by all means use them while you can - next week when the rrus are up, they might not be available anymore!

Just my thoughts and ramblings. ..

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Sprint didn't order backhaul on a site by site basis, it's large contracts. Once the order is placed, it's out of their hands when fiber/cable/microwave comes in. All they can do is keep working on sites when permits and crews are in place, so that if the backhaul isn't in place, at least the equipment is so that when backhaul comes, it doesn't take much to get things up and running. If the permit for the tower is ready, but backhaul isn't going to be in for several weeks, you don't want to sit on the permit and accidentally let it expire waiting for backhaul.

Unfortunately, no site's going to go the same, they're doing the best they can.

• Like 1

To continue that thought, Sprint tried to get the backhaul out ahead of the site crews, but seems sometimes the backhaul hasn't arrived as scheduled. Here in Springfield, there are a growing number of sites that appear to have fiber/cable run to them already, so when crews get here, the towers should be ready to go once equipment goes up.

Sometimes they will get started on work just before backhaul work is promised by the vendor. This allows for a faster install. However, sometimes the backhaul doesn't show up when promised. And the site sits and waits.

You ever wait for the phone/internet or cable company before and they not show up? Yeah, me too.

Robert via Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Sometimes they will get started on work just before backhaul work is promised by the vendor. This allows for a faster install. However, sometimes the backhaul doesn't show up when promised. And the site sits and waits.

You ever wait for the phone/internet or cable company before and they not show up? Yeah, me too.

Robert via Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

which is the case in joplin right lol?

Folks ! News first site of Missouri in Joplin KC03RW410 is upgraded It has Passed Acceptance Test Procedure for Ericsson. Waiting for Sprint to Accept it.

Cool. Our source says it hasn't shown up in the system as accepted yet, so we are waiting in anticipation. :tu:

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Cool. Our source says it hasn't shown up in the system as accepted yet, so we are waiting in anticipation. :tu:

If it's accepted does that mean it will be ready for testing? Because I went out after seeing this post and still didn't see any evidence of fiber

If it's accepted does that mean it will be ready for testing? Because I went out after seeing this post and still didn't see any evidence of fiber

The fiber could have been run a long time ago. It also could have AAV backhaul. It could also be ready for inspection, but still waiting for backhaul. We will have to see what happens.

Tests( Throughput, latency, Setup, HO) have already been performed on KC03RW410 (37.011667, -94.541111) all sectors on Saturday evening. Ericssion passed this site as 4G/LTE upgrade.data have been Sent to Sprint for Approval it. wait till Monday you will know.