Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

I would definitely love to see those pics. Are any of the sites on those wooden towers like someone else posted earlier?

Nope, no wooden sites in Joplin. They are regular towers like one would expect.

Uhoh one guy says there are RRU another no RRU in Joplin. I smell a Ozark knife fight coming on. :tu:

Nope, no RRUs. The RRUs spotted belong to AT&T. I'm not from the Ozarks either :P

Shhh a good knife fight would break up the boredom.

Yeah, let the knife fight happen. The Missouri market thread could use a good "thinning of the herd." It might reduce the number of unnecessary update requests.

AJ

• Like 2

Yeah, let the knife fight happen. The Missouri market thread could use a good "thinning of the herd." It might reduce the number of unnecessary update requests.

AJ

I think its been a good month since I asked the equivalent of "Is it much further papa smurf".

I think its been a good month since I asked the equivalent of "Is it much further papa smurf".

Ask again, and you will have to deal with me.

Call me Azrael.

AJ

• Like 1

Hi folks,....For your information... Missouri markets sites are coming live by next week.one of our team is moving to missouri market from Kansas this weekend for network vision to provide field test support. Ericsson transferred one of our team to Missouri market to speed up Site Integration..

• Like 4

Hi folks,....For your information... Missouri markets sites are coming live by next week.one of our team is moving to missouri market from Kansas this weekend for network vision to provide field test support. Ericsson transferred one of our team to Missouri market to speed up Site Integration..

Hey respond to my PM please....

This would be great and unexpected too. We (misc S4GRU groupies) have been keeping a close eye on sites we know about that are on dispatch lists and with the exception of some backhaul that may be in the process of being ran in Springfield we haven't been able to find any sites showing signs of work started. Any additional details would be greatly appreciated. I am assuming its going to be a site in Joplin as they were announce as "in coming months" first, but we have seen no new panels or RRU's there.

This would be great and unexpected too. We (misc S4GRU groupies) have been keeping a close eye on sites we know about that are on dispatch lists and with the exception of some backhaul that may be in the process of being ran in Springfield we haven't been able to find any sites showing signs of work started. Any additional details would be greatly appreciated. I am assuming its going to be a site in Joplin as they were announce as "in coming months" first, but we have seen no new panels or RRU's there.

Yes.. They are going to work in Joplin First. I think first site they will be working on is KC03RW410.

Edited by nick149
  • Like 1

Well the site he knows about, no one has checked yet to my knowledge. So he could be onto something

• Like 1

Okay reaching out for help from anyone close to Joplin, we need to get some daytime verification on a site we think is under construction for POSSIBLE NV. The site is SW of town off I-44 at the HWY 33 Exit # 4. The tower is on the SE side of the area there. Big lattice tower and Sprint should be on the very top. If anyone is close, please take some pictures of the panels and base station so we can tell for sure. Thanks!

I live pretty close to there so I should be able to get some pictures if nobody beats me to it. I've seen a couple/few towers out there, but wasn't sure which might be Sprint's; actually there are two close together (and I'm not familiar with which kinds of towers are what to be honest).

Is this the tower you're talking about? There's also a "flagpole"-like tower just a tiny bit almost directly south of there, too. If neither of those are the right one, would you mind showing me specifically on a map if you can? I just have a basic point-and-shoot (decent zoom at least), so not sure how detailed/close I can get either.

But since I've been wanting LTE news and this tower is about the closest to me, I'm even more excited to help.

• Like 2

I live pretty close to there so I should be able to get some pictures if nobody beats me to it. I've seen a couple/few towers out there, but wasn't sure which might be Sprint's; actually there are two close together (and I'm not familiar with which kinds of towers are what to be honest).

Is this the tower you're talking about? There's also a "flagpole"-like tower just a tiny bit almost directly south of there, too. If neither of those are the right one, would you mind showing me specifically on a map if you can? I just have a basic point-and-shoot (decent zoom at least), so not sure how detailed/close I can get either.

But since I've been wanting LTE news and this tower is about the closest to me, I'm even more excited to help.

That's the one! Sprint is on the very top. If you can see around the base if there are any boxes or equipment lying around, be sure to get a shot of that!

That's the one! Sprint is on the very top. If you can see around the base if there are any boxes or equipment lying around, be sure to get a shot of that!

Thanks for your help..I'm itching to find out if this is Sprint or not! Take many many photos if they are there, many people will be excited if so!

Thanks again!

its the tower closest to the road right next to I-44 theres a tiny little dirt road you follow right up to it you'll see a whole bunch of boxes right inside the fencing stacked right up against the fence went out there last night but i work late and could only get a pic of the boxes because #1 it was dark and i cant make it out there during the day because i work late and #2 only have my phone camera to take pix nothing that would get a clear pic of the panels

• Like 1

Yup, that was my first post! I've been lurking for a bit, but never had anything to contribute. But now I do (ZIP uploaded with a few pictures of the tower).

I saw what cmill1023 mentioned with the boxes just along the fence and I included a few pictures of those because I figured that could be some of the installation hardware for LTE (some of the boxes on the end did say Ericsson in fact). I tried to get some shots of the top of the tower so hopefully they have enough detail.

The building door had a Verizon Wireless badge but I didn't see any mention of Sprint, though. I'm not one to say for sure, but it didn't seem like progress was really under way.

Let me know if that helps, or if you figure anything out from that.

• Like 6

Yup' date=' that was my first post! I've been lurking for a bit, but never had anything to contribute. But now I do (ZIP uploaded with a few pictures of the tower).

I saw what cmill1023 mentioned with the boxes just along the fence and I included a few pictures of those because I figured that could be some of the installation hardware for LTE (some of the boxes on the end did say Ericsson in fact). I tried to get some shots of the top of the tower so hopefully they have enough detail.

The building door had a Verizon Wireless badge but I didn't see any mention of Sprint, though. I'm not one to say for sure, but it didn't seem like progress was really under way.

Well you just got the first known tower in the Missouri market with nv equipment on it! Great work!

Sent from my EVO LTE using Forum Runner

Yup, that was my first post! I've been lurking for a bit, but never had anything to contribute. But now I do (ZIP uploaded with a few pictures of the tower).

Thanks for the pictures! As Rickie said, what you have found here in indeed a Sprint tower with Network Vision work in progress! Congratulations for finding the first known Missouri tower to have physical work going on! This is excellent news.

• Like 1

Good to see this is being sped up. When STL goes live, I hope it's a case where Sprint gets it absolutely right. They need to, because Verizon and AT&T are really, really good there.