Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

according to this article http://www.gottabemobile.com/2013/02/14/sprint-4g-lte-goes-live-in-a-new-market/

joplin users are getting lte speeds even though it doesn't appear that they have gone live yet...

A Sprint user in Joplin, Missouri has informed Gotta Be Mobile that his 4G LTE supported device is now able to connect to Sprint’s 4G LTE network and pull down extremely fast data speeds because of it. As seen in the photo below, the device is pulling down data speeds that far exceed those that can be found on a standard 3G network.

Screenshot_2013-02-14-11-08-08-323x575.png

• Like 2

according to this article http://www.gottabemobile.com/2013/02/14/sprint-4g-lte-goes-live-in-a-new-market/

joplin users are getting lte speeds even though it doesn't appear that they have gone live yet...

A Sprint user in Joplin, Missouri has informed Gotta Be Mobile that his 4G LTE supported device is now able to connect to Sprint’s 4G LTE network and pull down extremely fast data speeds because of it. As seen in the photo below, the device is pulling down data speeds that far exceed those that can be found on a standard 3G network.

Screenshot_2013-02-14-11-08-08-323x575.png

It's true. I received word that the SW site went live. It wasn't on any acceptance report yesterday, but will probably appear tonight.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 2

I just picked up 4g in joplin. Ran sensory to get some dots on the map and speed test is giving me 7.13 Mbps down / 1.11 up. This is 3 miles from the site.

Did your points upload to sensorly? not showing up yet. you can go into the program under details and see if they have or not.

I confirmed with one of our sources, that only the one site has been accepted in Joplin. There is no second site broadcasting. Enjoy the reach!

Robert

i was right by the tower

It's still important to know your signal strength and quality to diagnous a slow speed. It's possible the signal wasn't as good as you thought.

Or, there could still be some provisioning of the back haul to the Sprint backbone going on, or an issue with the 4G core. You have to keep in mind this is the first LTE site in the Missouri market, so expect things like this to happen from time to time until the better fills out.

• Like 1

I drove by that site off West Florescent near 270 again. Lots like they have done a lot more digging. A couple more new cabinets but no new panels on the towers. The holes are still empty so I don't think the backhaul is in yet or they would be filled back in.

• Like 1