Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

Did you check for ground mount RRU's and Ericsson cabinets? They could have some GMO sites.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Yes, most sites where easy to check, there was one at 12th and Main that was in a business area but the Sprint cabinet could be seen from the road and still the older cabinet and nothing else

305883-1499-img_6752-12_09_2012_03_51_21.jpg

But there is a tower further south that could be producing the signal that I didn't go by since only did the in progress.

Yes, most sites where easy to check, there was one at 12th and Main that was in a business area but the Sprint cabinet could be seen from the road and still the older cabinet and nothing else

305883-1499-img_6752-12_09_2012_03_51_21.jpg

But there is a tower further south that could be producing the signal that I didn't go by since only did the in progress.

All the Joplin sites marked In Progress came from one Site Dispatch report I received. I don't get every report, I just get a few here and there. It is possible that there was an earlier Site Dispatch for sites in Joplin that I've never seen. Our In Progress sites are not an exhaustive list.

All the Joplin sites marked In Progress came from one Site Dispatch report I received. I don't get every report, I just get a few here and there. It is possible that there was an earlier Site Dispatch for sites in Joplin that I've never seen. Our In Progress sites are not an exhaustive list.

Yep totally get that, I did check 1 other that wasn't in progress since it was between others. Hope the member there can go by the site.

Hunted down every last tower in Joplin. Did not find any evidence of work, even at the base stations of the sites that I could actually see the base. There was a lot of utility work around the towers, but there is a lot of utility work going on in in general around town, especially in the areas affected by the tornado. Plus, most of the towers were shared, so I couldn't say for sure if the work was for Sprint or not. No signs of GM RRUs either. Obviously, no LTE. I did spot one site east of Joplin on I-44 that appeared to have GM RRUs. Two of them. But, I was on the highway and couldn't find anyway to get closer to check it out for sure.

Is it possible one of the towers has GM RUUs and activated LTE the other night? Yes, it's possible, but I found most of the towers in town that are shared already have RRUs for another carrier on them, so I don't see why Sprint would use GM RUUs when the other carrier didn't. I guess we will find out if that LTE signal comes back, but right now I think it was a fluke.

• Like 1

Hunted down every last tower in Joplin. Did not find any evidence of work, even at the base stations of the sites that I could actually see the base. There was a lot of utility work around the towers, but there is a lot of utility work going on in in general around town, especially in the areas affected by the tornado. Plus, most of the towers were shared, so I couldn't say for sure if the work was for Sprint or not. No signs of GM RRUs either. Obviously, no LTE. I did spot one site east of Joplin on I-44 that appeared to have GM RRUs. Two of them. But, I was on the highway and couldn't find anyway to get closer to check it out for sure.

Is it possible one of the towers has GM RUUs and activated LTE the other night? Yes, it's possible, but I found most of the towers in town that are shared already have RRUs for another carrier on them, so I don't see why Sprint would use GM RUUs when the other carrier didn't. I guess we will find out if that LTE signal comes back, but right now I think it was a fluke.

The tower may be at full weight because other carriers have RRU's on them. Some of the Ground Mount sites around here have AT&T RRU's on them already. Also, some low priority sites are GMO for ease of deployment, not necessarily because of physical limitations.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

The tower may be at full weight because other carriers have RRU's on them. Some of the Ground Mount sites around here have AT&T RRU's on them already. Also, some low priority sites are GMO for ease of deployment, not necessarily because of physical limitations.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Hmm.... then maybe we need to kick the other carriers off :P

I'm in Wentzville today and i normally get 110kbps to 300kbps. There were some data errors then all of a sudden I was getting 1.2mbps all the way up to 2mbps on 3G!!!! I don't know why but something must have been done to the towers out here I don't know if it's network vison but 2mbps on 3G!! I'll take it!

There is a new area mapped on sensorly mapped east of St. Joseph, MO. Also, I was in St joe this past weekend and enjoyed using LTE on my iPhone 5 for the first time. I was getting speeds from 4mbps to a peak of 17mbps.

There is a new area mapped on sensorly mapped east of St. Joseph, MO. Also, I was in St joe this past weekend and enjoyed using LTE on my iPhone 5 for the first time. I was getting speeds from 4mbps to a peak of 17mbps.

Would love to see that here in the St Louis area. St Joseph is still Kansas market... Only rumor of LTE in Missouri I have herd so far is one of the Joplin sites for maybe 30 minutes, must have been a test. Or maybe a sadistic install crew just messing with us.

• Like 1

Would love to see that here in the St Louis area. St Joseph is still Kansas market... Only rumor of LTE in Missouri I have herd so far is one of the Joplin sites for maybe 30 minutes, must have been a test. Or maybe a sadistic install crew just messing with us.

I'm dying to get those kind of speeds in St. Louis; or, at least consistent data coverage.

I took a new job and moved from Downtown to the Westport area and have a low signal strength and absymal speeds when I can go off Edge to 3G (which is rare). It's honestly got me considering a move to a different carrier; however, the unlimited data has me thinking that it's wise to wait out the NV Rollout and see what Sprint can do with those new towers.

Hopefully soon!

Would love to see that here in the St Louis area. St Joseph is still Kansas market... Only rumor of LTE in Missouri I have herd so far is one of the Joplin sites for maybe 30 minutes' date=' must have been a test. Or maybe a sadistic install crew just messing with us.[/quote']

David went to Joplin Sunday after that report and found no evidence of nv.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Forum Runner

There are RRU's in Joplin. They installed the panels in late November at a site located at Maiden Lane and Perkins. I like close to there and was watching them on the tower. I will post pictures when I can. The RRU's are the panels on the lower section of the tower. There hasn't been any activity on the cabinets so I'm thinking they are waiting for the backhaul to be completed. :)

• Like 1

There are RRU's in Joplin. They installed the panels in late November at a site located at Maiden Lane and Perkins. I like close to there and was watching them on the tower. I will post pictures when I can. The RRU's are the panels on the lower section of the tower. There hasn't been any activity on the cabinets so I'm thinking they are waiting for the backhaul to be completed. :)

The panels on that site are at the very top of the tower. Another carrier could of gone on that tower. AT&T and T-Mobile both use RRU's. Upload the pictures to a 3rd party picture server and link the pictures here.

• Like 1

Yes, the CDMA panels are at the top. I will upload the pics (am away from home for a couple weeks) but the new panels are mid high on the tower and although I'm not an expert, look exactly like what have been posted here by others.

The panels on that site are at the very top of the tower. Another carrier could of gone on that tower. AT&T and T-Mobile both use RRU's. Upload the pictures to a 3rd party picture server and link the pictures here.

T-mobile doesn't use RRU's iirc. They use integrated panels.

I've been to that tower twice since November looking for NV work. I believe those are AT&T panels. There was no Sprint NV panels or RRUs present when I was there on Sunday.

I would definitely love to see those pics. Are any of the sites on those wooden towers like someone else posted earlier?

Uhoh one guy says there are RRU another no RRU in Joplin. I smell a Ozark knife fight coming on. :tu:

One of our staff had checked every tower in Joplin, plus I have check half of them. We found zero evidence of sprint NV equipment. David did find AT&T rru's on a tower which are way different than sprint's.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Forum Runner