Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

Tests( Throughput, latency, Setup, HO) have already been performed on KC03RW410 (-37.011667, 94.541111) all sectors on Saturday evening. Ericssion passed this site as 4G/LTE upgrade.data have been Sent to Sprint for Approval it. wait till Monday you will know.

This site seemed to go up very fast. It was only a few weeks ago that equipment was first delivered.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

yes Indeed..

Since throughput and latency have been tested, it must mean that backhaul at this site is in place and functioning. So backhaul upgrades must have been there for awhile prior to work starting. ;)

Since throughput and latency have been tested, it must mean that backhaul at this site is in place and functioning. So backhaul upgrades must have been there for awhile prior to work starting. ;)

that i was talking about. this site is up and running LTE. Just need sprint approval (might get it on Monday) to go live in their database. My friend is working as field tester there as sub contractor to Ericsson. he spoke to me yesterday thats why i am getting all info. I do have all sites info with lat-long of MO market.

Tests( Throughput, latency, Setup, HO) have already been performed on KC03RW410 (-37.011667, 94.541111)...

If this location data is from your source, that is okay. But please remember not to post S4GRU info outside of the sponsor areas in The Forums.

AJ

Tests( Throughput, latency, Setup, HO) have already been performed on KC03RW410 (-37.011667, 94.541111) all sectors on Saturday evening. Ericssion passed this site as 4G/LTE upgrade.data have been Sent to Sprint for Approval it. wait till Monday you will know.

Mannnn, even the middle of the Indian Ocean is getting LTE before STL :(

Haha sorry, I couldn't resist...the signs just need to be swapped on it. Thanks for the good info though! :)

Haha sorry, I couldn't resist...the signs just need to be swapped on it. Thanks for the good info though! :)

Hahaha !! As per my info Work is not getting start until Summer 2013 in STL.

• Like 1

Maybe Sprint is providing wireless service to the US military bases on Diego Garcia.

;)

AJ

Tests( Throughput, latency, Setup, HO) have already been performed on KC03RW410 (37.011667, -94.541111) all sectors on Saturday evening. Ericssion passed this site as 4G/LTE upgrade.data have been Sent to Sprint for Approval it. wait till Monday you will know.

Even if 4G wasn't on yet shouldn't ping have been below 90?

post-8814-0-99899900-1360520852_thumb.jpg

Even if 4G wasn't on yet shouldn't ping have been below 90?

EVDO ping is not required to be below 90ms from OEM's. Just LTE. An EVDO carrier at 50% capacity will not be able to maintain a 90ms ping, no matter the backhaul. The air link itself will start slowing down itself.

Also, it is not likely that the 3G upgrades will go live with LTE after acceptance. Sprint prefers 3G upgrades to go live in clusters to minimize disruptions like dropped calls/connections.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 3

EVDO ping is not required to be below 90ms from OEM's. Just LTE. An EVDO carrier at 50% capacity will not be able to maintain a 90ms ping, no matter the backhaul. The air link itself will start slowing down itself.

Also, it is not likely that the 3G upgrades will go live with LTE after acceptance. Sprint prefers 3G upgrades to go live in clusters to minimize disruptions like dropped calls/connections.

oh ok that makes sense :-)

had some time this morning so stopped by KC03RW410 to see if sensorly would pick up any 4G but nothing yet. took some pics, even though shots of these were posted before, thought i'd get up close with my 400mm.

post-6877-0-95578000-1360603127_thumb.jpgpost-6877-0-58235600-1360603139_thumb.jpg

also drove around to KC03RW402 but didn't see any evidence of anything done there. tried to get to KC03RW400 but there was a train in the way. saw the tower from a block away on 2 sides and didn't look like anything new was there.

nothing new for KC08RW461 or KC04RW452 either, but they weren't on the list - didn't look up close, just noticed the panels as i was driving by.

• Like 1

I don't know, but I don''t think its gotten back to Robert if they have. He is pretty good about commenting about NV market firsts, but then again he is swamped right now too.

I have not received any acceptance reports from this region since Friday. So it was not signed off before then. I'm hoping for some more tonight.

I have not received any acceptance reports from this region since Friday. So it was nout signed off before then. I'm hoping for some more tonight.

Went to the site on my lunch this guy was cool let me come in and look at the equipment and confirmed they're just waiting for sprint and the site is ready to be turned on

post-8814-0-48770500-1360626220_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

So what might be the reason sprint is just letting a ready to go tower just sit with no action to get it tested and approved on their end?

Don't be so sure it will even pass inspection. Also, inspectors handle entire regions. They just don't show up the next day when the OEM is ready.

When inspection occurs, they will be going through hundreds of items. Then the inspector will provide a punch list (correction list) for the OEM. In mist cases, a reinspection of these corrections is required prior to acceptance.

Don't be sio sure it will even pass inspection. Also, inspectors handle entire regions. They just don't show up the next day when the OEM is ready.

When inspection occurs, they will be going through hundreds of items. Then the inspector will provide a punch list (correction list) for the OEM. In mist cases, a reinspection of these corrections is required prior to acceptance.

Do these inspectors generally have a trailer behind the truck they drive?

Do these inspectors generally have a trailer behind the truck they drive?

No. That is not typical.

No. That is not typical.

Dang because when I was there today talking with that guy I had to move my car because some other guy that was much better dressed than the guy working on the equipment pulled up with a truck and small trailer but all he took with him on site was a clipboard also when I went back at midnight there's still a car parked inside the enclosure any ideas on that?