Network Vision/LTE - Shentel Market (Shenandoah Valley/Hagerstown/Harrisburg)

Boosted20V

Hanover has live LTE guys. I mapped some of it today with sensorly and will continue to do so. It went live a few days ago. It has gone off a few time but has been up most of the time. Local store manager told me they are trying to make it official by black Friday!

So, Harrisburg metro is now exploding on the East Shore also. I've held a 4G signal from the 81/Cameron Street intersection to Linglestown. Strong 4G signal. Picking up through 83 from I81 interchange over to the West Shore. It's here to stay guys!

Now, if we can just get a stronger presence DOWNTOWN. That continues to be the issue. They need to install some NV on more towers downtown. Coverage is spotty. The assumption is they installed everything downtown first and downtown is done. If so, we've got a problem.

I'm on Sensorly tracking my coverage in Lower Paxton tonight.

Now, if we can just get a stronger presence DOWNTOWN. That continues to be the issue. They need to install some NV on more towers downtown. Coverage is spotty. The assumption is they installed everything downtown first and downtown is done. If so, we've got a problem.

Probably not a good assumption. If they are deploying anything like Sprint, then they are doing whichever tower/site has backhaul in place first. If downtown has good 3G coverage, but spotty 4G, then there are probably several sites still to be upgraded. I would give it until Thanksgiving to make any big assumptions.

So, Harrisburg metro is now exploding on the East Shore also. I've held a 4G signal from the 81/Cameron Street intersection to Linglestown. Strong 4G signal. Picking up through 83 from I81 interchange over to the West Shore. It's here to stay guys!

I'm on Sensorly tracking my coverage in Lower Paxton tonight.

Remember downtown it will take alot more towers to give the same amount of coverage due to downtilt and all the obstacles it has to overcome. They definitely haven't converted towers in the midtown/uptown areas yet.

Remember downtown it will take alot more towers to give the same amount of coverage due to downtilt and all the obstacles it has to overcome. They definitely haven't converted towers in the midtown/uptown areas yet.

I agree. Which is why I hope they haven't installed on every tower downtown yet. Need more penetration on the streets and in buildings.

Good news...just got done running sensorly through Harrisburg midtown/uptown areas this evening . Coverage is looking pretty good. The hill and southside are still looking dark. Ill keep checking though.

Looks like they now have coverage on the Pennsylvania turnpike around Carlisle.

Mapped some coverage on the Carlisle Pike in Mechanicsburg yesterday (which acted a bit werid, as my signal got stronger I lost coverage possibly due to a tower handoff issue) & on 22 in Harrisburg but lost just before 17th Street. I love seeing new coverage almost every day!

• Like 1

I was just navigating though sensorly and I saw a new patch of LTE across the bridge on Route 30. Seems like there is a tower that just lit up near Wrightsville.

I would GUESS that the cell site is in York County. If you zoom in and look closely, the signal gets weak as you go into Lancaster county.

• Like 1

I would GUESS that the cell site is in York County. If you zoom in and look closely, the signal gets weak as you go into Lancaster county.

Yea Wrightsville is on the York County side of the Susquehanna river. Its impossible for it to be a tower in Lancaster county because Robert said the Central PA market isn't slated to begin until 2013 probably even mid 2013.

Seems like Shentel is expanding within their coverage area rapidly. Just waiting for a tower or 2 to light up in York City and cover the inner city.

• Like 1

The tower on South Richland Ave and W Market Street has LTE turned on. I drove by today and managed to hold an LTE signal pretty deep into the city. Did a couple speed tests while mapping on sensorly and got 69ms ping, 23.93mbps down / 10.34 up

Please share!!!! We're all waiting!

I got some juicy Shentel info today. I hope go be able to share tomorrow. :ty:

Robert via Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

• 4 weeks later...

So, the launch on Black Friday was great.. and I get LTE in a lot of Harrisburg and Mechanicsburg now and bits of York but York City is in need of LTE so very badly. I love going downtown but know every time I do I'm going to effectively be cut off from the internet. I'm hoping after the holidays that we start seeing more towers launch like we did before Black Friday.

• Like 1

Some LTE Showing up in Altoona. Also after work on Friday I drove up Route 94/ Carlisle Pike on the way to NYC and I had 4G from Route 30, north for about a 5 mile stretch but for some reason it didn't map properly on sensorly, but you can definitely look at the map and see the range that tower covers.

• Like 1

Hello, I am sorry if this is the wrong place to write this so if someone could help me that would be great. My issue is that I live in White Haven, PA 18661 and I have 1x data service and mostly around me is the same. I have been with Sprint since 2002 and it is hard to just pick up and leave. I have been trying to find out if they are upgrading the towers around my area that are still on 1x. If so when and to 3g or 4g. I have been told for years that we would get 3g and then I was told we were getting 4g wimax and now they are telling me that I will be upgraded to 4g LTE. I just don't know if I believe them. Does anyone have any info that could help. I am leaving Sprint if there is not a clear answer, but I wanted to give this a shot before I left.

Thanks in advanced

Hello, I am sorry if this is the wrong place to write this so if someone could help me that would be great. My issue is that I live in White Haven, PA 18661 and I have 1x data service and mostly around me is the same. I have been with Sprint since 2002 and it is hard to just pick up and leave. I have been trying to find out if they are upgrading the towers around my area that are still on 1x. If so when and to 3g or 4g. I have been told for years that we would get 3g and then I was told we were getting 4g wimax and now they are telling me that I will be upgraded to 4g LTE. I just don't know if I believe them. Does anyone have any info that could help. I am leaving Sprint if there is not a clear answer, but I wanted to give this a shot before I left.

Thanks in advanced

First of all, Welcome to the site!

White Haven, PA is part of the Central Pennsylvania Market which is not slated to begin receiving upgrades until sometime in 2013 so you still have a little bit of a wait ahead of you, but if you become a sponsor to this site you will have access to several interactive maps that show the locations of all the towers that will be upgraded and you can see if any in your area will be upgraded.

Thank you Leozno1,

What is involved with becoming a sponsor? I would be interested in checking out my area to see if they are upgrading and to which service 3g or 4g.

Thanks in advance

Thank you Leozno1,

What is involved with becoming a sponsor? I would be interested in checking out my area to see if they are upgrading and to which service 3g or 4g.

Thanks in advance

You're welcome! The link below outlines everything you need to know about how to become a sponsor and all the benefits that it entails.

http://s4gru.com/ind...come-a-sponsor/

Leozno1 again thank you. I just sent in a donation, Not sure how long that part takes but when it is done can you point me in the direction of those maps to check out my area.

Thanks again.