Network Vision/LTE - Shentel Market (Shenandoah Valley/Hagerstown/Harrisburg)

Boosted20V

Paxton street just went live today. The tower is near 19th street.

Good man, got some shots myself. The antennas are on top of the apartment building behind the McDonalds...

http://imageshack.us...2092510580.png/

http://imageshack.us...imag0214cv.jpg/

EDIT - Robert, also, if you notice in the horrible antenna picture, the left antenna is the same as in my previous shots of one of the other completed towers. It's a non-rounded, much smaller (1900mhz looking) antenna which was added. I'm wondering what Shentel is doing differently that it is using these....

Edited by Boosted20V

I'm sitting at 19th and Paxton as I type this. No LTE bro.

Toggle airplane mode on and off. My EVO LTE picked it up RIGHT away. Directly behind the Mcdonalds up from 19th st. I held onto it almost to the 83 on ramp. 25mb down 10 up, see screenshots.

Awesome to hear! I'm sure they installed it there first since the store is down the street.. Now let's just hope for a speedy rollout to the rest of the area!

Can somebody around Harrisburg Please download "Sensorly" and use it. It is a battery killer to some extent, but use a car charger when traveling around with Sensorly turned on. You would not want to have it turned on all day in an office building while using your internal battery. No need for that anyway. Go to Sensorly web site and look at Sprint 4 G. (The first one in the list).

I am mapping the site in Hagerstown. Just started so it is not complete. I do it whern I can find the time and the LTE is active.

It takes awhile to figure out all the little tricks to using Sensory.

The funny thing is, I got LTE on Front, then I drove back to earlier reported location behind the McDonalds on Paxton. Still couldnt get LTE signal from there.

The funny thing is, I got LTE on Front, then I drove back to earlier reported location behind the McDonalds on Paxton. Still couldnt get LTE signal from there.

Another strange thing is that any non-LTE towers in adjacent sectors aren't directing to eHRPD. When I left the LTE area, I had a hard handoff to 3G. I wonder why Shentel isn't yet using eHRPD when they have LTE broadcasting live...

Another strange thing is that any non-LTE towers in adjacent sectors aren't directing to eHRPD. When I left the LTE area' date=' I had a hard handoff to 3G. I wonder why Shentel isn't yet using eHRPD when they have LTE broadcasting live...[/quote']

I don't believe that Shentel LTE is up permanently. I think they are in preliminary testing. Reports from members in Hagerstown and Martinsburg is that the signals come and go throughout the day. I think when Shentel is ready to go live once and for all, then you will likely have eHRPD in place. So I wouldn't think much of it at the moment.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

LTE is online again this morning in downtown Harrisburg. Set up against the window of my office building (the courthouse) on the 2nd Floor, I'm getting RSRP -109 dBm, RSRQ -8db. If I pull it 2 feet from the window, the LTE signal is gone, and I'm down to 1 bar on 1x.

Guess that means nothing's changed for me reception wise. Was hoping moving the radios up the tower would help. Damn.

LTE is online again this morning in downtown Harrisburg. Set up against the window of my office building (the courthouse) on the 2nd Floor' date=' I'm getting RSRP -109 dBm, RSRQ -8db. If I pull it 2 feet from the window, the LTE signal is gone, and I'm down to 1 bar on 1x.

Guess that means nothing's changed for me reception wise. Was hoping moving the radios up the tower would help. Damn.[/quote']

Deployment is not complete. You may not be connected to LTE to the nearest site. -109dBm is not very strong, so if you are getting that by a window, you most likely would get dropped inside the building. On my VZW hotspot, I also have a similar strength signal to yours, and can only keep a LTE signal near a window. But VZW doesn't have full site density in my area yet, just like Shentel in Harrisburg.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

Deployment is not complete. You may not be connected to LTE to the nearest site. -109dBm is not very strong, so if you are getting that by a window, you most likely would get dropped inside the building. On my VZW hotspot, I also have a similar strength signal to yours, and can only keep a LTE signal near a window. But VZW doesn't have full site density in my area yet, just like Shentel in Harrisburg.

You're right about the testing for sure. Upload/Download speeds are ALL over the place. I'm getting 5Mbps down and 0 up. I didn't even know that's possible.

Unfortunately last night and this morning coming down Front Street on the way to work I wasn't able to confirm any LTE connections, but I was in my car and didn't have much of a chance. Unfortunately now at work (on 7th Street) I am jumping from EV-DO to 1X on pretty good signal (-86 dBm) and currently am unable to get a data connection of any sort. I can only hope that this is part of the tower upgrade work because no data is a pretty big issue to me.

You're right about the testing for sure. Upload/Download speeds are ALL over the place. I'm getting 5Mbps down and 0 up. I didn't even know that's possible.

In my LTE testing for an article, I frequently experienced 0Mbps upload speed when I had a weak signal. It is because your device does not have the transmit power that the site does. So when you have a weak LTE signal, your device can still hear the site's much stronger signal, but the site cannot hear your device in return enough to transmit data that direction.