Galaxy S20 Series Discussion

mdob07

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2020 at 6:18 PM, mdob07 said:

If it works on your phone the easiest way to tell is to go into *#2263# and tap on NR5G band preference, then see if NR B71 SA is listed as an option. If you only have NSA then SA hasn't been enabled on your phone. 855d71be30b4ead9c328ea9231a8a086.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

The update to android 11 now gives me these options, except no mmw of course.

Thanks for the help.😀

• Like 1

6 hours ago, IrwinshereAgain said:

The update to android 11 now gives me these options, except no mmw of course.

Thanks for the help.😀

Is that a T-Mobile code? I have "Sprint" still and that code doesn't work. Just updated to 11 tonight on the FE. 

1 minute ago, Dkoellerwx said:

A new updated over the one last week? That update broke my bluetooth connection to my headphones. 

Yes, a new update after the huge android 11 update.  This one is only 242 MB.  See my screen shot above.

Hopefully it will fix your headphones issue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IrwinshereAgain said:

I hear that another "fix" for the FE's touch screen issue might be in this update.  If so, that could explain why the FE is pushed before the Ultra.  Maybe ...

I don't know, the Sprint branded ones who aren't on TNX got the update already, same network lol it just makes no sense.

3 minutes ago, BlueAngel said:

I don't know, the Sprint branded ones who aren't on TNX got the update already, same network lol it just makes no sense.

There are two updates for the S20 FE this month.

The first one about a week ago was the very large update to android 11. 

Then a NEW small update just came out yesterday with the Jan 1st security update.

On 1/29/2021 at 4:50 PM, IrwinshereAgain said:

Yes, a new update after the huge android 11 update.  This one is only 242 MB.  See my screen shot above.

Hopefully it will fix your headphones issue.

Connection to Jaybird headphones still broken. Other headphones work fine. Very strange, not sure what to do about it. The S20 FE is the only device that has an issue with the Jaybird headphones.

2 minutes ago, Dkoellerwx said:

Connection to Jaybird headphones still broken. Other headphones work fine. Very strange, not sure what to do about it. The S20 FE is the only device that has an issue with the Jaybird headphones.

Strange indeed.  I have no idea either.

Did you ever get any dialer codes to work?

I know there are some Sprint dialer codes that people on here have used.  Not sure what they are or which forum they are listed in.  If I find them I will let you know.

Just now, IrwinshereAgain said:

Strange indeed.  I have no idea either.

Did you ever get any dialer codes to work?

I know there are some Sprint dialer codes that people on here have used.  Not sure what they are or which forum they are listed in.  If I find them I will let you know.

The Sprint dialer codes still work, but not that other one. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Similar Content

• Kind of amazing that T-Mobile is still holding onto that speed title despite Verizon all but killing off lowband 5G on their network. While Verizon is mostly being evaluated on mmWave and C-band performance, T-Mobile and AT&T's average 5G speeds include their massive lowband 5G networks that are significantly slower.
    • 5G in the U.S. – Additional Mid-band Spectrum Driving Performance Gains T-Mobile holds on to it's lead in 5G Speed
    • Yup. Very true. We were originally on an Everything Data 1500 Plan, which got Unlimited Minutes thanks to Marcelo's "Loyalty Benefits" offer. We then switched to Unlimited Freedom (with the Free HD add-on that Sprint originally wanted $20/month per line for.... remember that?) because the pricing was better with "iPhone for Life", vs. the "Loyalty Credit" for staying on a Legacy Plan. After that, I ran the numbers and switched us over to Sprint MAX, especially for the international travel benefits. There's absolutely no reason for us to switch to Go5G Plus or Go5G Next if we're going to do BYOD by purchasing from Apple/Samsung/Google directly as we've been doing. These new plans aren't priced for current customers to switch to. They're priced for new customers, where they throw in a free line, etc. It's gone from "Uncarrier" to "Carrier". What a shame.
    • Strange business model that they keep around all these pricing plans. 1000s of plans per carrier is reportedly not uncommon.  Training customer support must be a nightmare. Even MVNOs have legacy plans. A downside of their contract mentality I guess. Best to change contracts during a recession. But then all carriers try to squeeze out legacy plan benefits as they grow old.  
    • Everything "Uncarrier" is becoming "Carrier" again. Because of the Credit Limit that T-Mobile put on our account for no reason at all (and wouldn't change/update the last time I checked all the way up to the CEO), I don't plan on buying/upgrading our iPhones through T-Mobile. I'm going through Apple directly. Looks like I'll be going through Google and Samsung directly for our other lines for upgrades. Also, we're staying on Sprint Max given the ridiculous pricing for Go5G Plus. On Sprint Max, we currently pay for our Plan: $260 for 7 Voice Lines $25 for two Wearable Lines. (One is $10/Month. The other is $15/Month because the AutoPay discount only applies up to 8 lines.) Total: $285/Month vs. Go5G Plus (Per the Broadband Facts "nutrition label" on the T-Mobile Website): https://www.t-mobile.com/commerce/cell-phone-plans $360 - ($5 AutoPay Discount x 7 Voice Lines) = $325 The Watch Plans show as either $12/Month or $15/Month: https://www.t-mobile.com/cell-phone-plans/affordable-data-plans/smartwatches So this is about the same for the wearables as what we're paying now. Overall, it's quite more than we're paying now to switch plans. Ridiculous....