Official Tmobile-Sprint merger discussion thread

20 hours ago, Cardsfan96 said:

If your talking about tna then you can have that applied on a sprint sim. You said you moved over the other devices to tna via esim which you don’t have to have esim. TNX is switching SIM cards from a sprint to a T-Mobile sim. Tna is applied to your line when on a sprint sim.

Well, the guy moved my (3) Pixel 4's over to TNA over the phone in a matter of a couple minutes. Those 3 have eSim.

My other 3 devices are not eSim, (2) Pixel 2 XL and 1 S8. He said he is mailing 3 sims for those 3 devices???????

13 minutes ago, though said:

Well, the guy moved my (3) Pixel 4's over to TNA over the phone in a matter of a couple minutes. Those 3 have eSim.

My other 3 devices are not eSim, (2) Pixel 2 XL and 1 S8. He said he is mailing 3 sims for those 3 devices???????

Well if they show up and are T-Mobile sims then your doing TNX not tna.

14 hours ago, Paynefanbro said:

It's dependent on which operator you're roaming on but the main culprit seems to be U.S. Cellular who has implemented some sort of whitelisting to allow devices to roam onto their network. Their whitelist made it so that all iPhones and T-Mobile branded Android phones were able to roam on their network. Unlocked Android phones do not roam on U.S. Cellular at all.

When I drove down to North Carolina last summer, I had zero signal on my unlocked S20 Ultra in what should have been a strong U.S. Cellular region. 

Thanks that explains quite a bit.

10 hours ago, Trip said:

All I can think while reading all of this is how very user-hostile it all is.  They had two years to plan for the integration and this trainwreck is the result?

- Trip

Well after chatting with a sprint rep (someone who had been with them a LONG time, and knew his stuff) 

Its still very jumbled, was MY take..

So my business was on a shared plan (10 or so lines) I couldn't TNX because of it, TNA was causing me all sorts of issues. So I asked to be put back on the sprint side (I have s20s, 2 ultra, 1 plus, 1 regular)  That have all had some type of issue with call coverage.

So we did 2 things, he moved me over (more on that in a min) and changed my plan for about $5 more ALL lines will be unlimited and more hotspot data.  And I gathered better phone pricing/deals???  Takes effect next billing cycle, and its NOT on any website, but is in their system, since like Nov/Dec..  Hopefully it doesnt bite me.. BUT I can choose to switch to TNX once it takes effect... soooooo we shall see.

Ok the sprint move.....SOOOOOO its kind of tricky.. It didn't really move me over.  I went out later that day and ran SCP.. So the voice was back to 1x800, but 90% of data stayed TMO, unless I was within a few hundred feet of a known sprint tower then it did 1 of 2 things.. Sprint band 26, OR TMO band 41, which we know what that is.. But it still most of the time was band 2 or 12. on occasion 66... But my band 2 speeds in this case were 100% better than when on TNA (2 was ALWAYS giving me crap, and locking up with garbage speeds)   The one thing I NEVER saw band 25.  I am guessing they are taking the bandwidth of 25 and moving it to 2??

Needless to say its not really sprint, except the cdma part and using 1x800..  So obviously they are doing something out here..

• Like 1

On 2/3/2021 at 10:58 PM, mdob07 said:

Looks like T-Mobile is still evaluating Sprint sites to keep, a site I pass everyday just started broadcasting the 312-250 PLMN this week. 

And on the flip side, T-Mobile has upgraded their site in Mt Washington KY and now the Sprint site in town is no longer broadcasting the 312-250 PMLN. That was the first 312-250 site I found several months ago.

2 hours ago, jreuschl said:

One big issue with TNX.. International data still broke

I wonder if you have one line already switched to a R15 Sim and still had a International Plan Attached to the phone before switching the sim if it still acts this way or not. 

7 hours ago, floorguy said:

So we did 2 things, he moved me over (more on that in a min) and changed my plan for about $5 more ALL lines will be unlimited and more hotspot data.  And I gathered better phone pricing/deals???  Takes effect next billing cycle, and its NOT on any website, but is in their system, since like Nov/Dec..  Hopefully it doesnt bite me.. BUT I can choose to switch to TNX once it takes effect... soooooo we shall see.

Let me know what plan name you get moved to. I'm on the Plus Subsidy business plan, which isn't TNX-eligible, and when I called in I was only given Basic/Essentials/Plus/Premium for $60/60/70/80 as options, all of which are either significantly more expensive or significantly inferior to my $55/mo plan.

Between keep sites and T-Mobile's native network I'm comfortable enough hopping over to TNX to get SA and NR CA, but it's not worth me spending $15/mo extra to make the switch.

Apparently ROAMAHOME is no more for new LTE-only device swaps; MOCN is the new hotness: 

MOCN looks to be an upgrade, as ROAMAHOME only allows seamless bouncing between both networks for keep sites; for everything else you have to lose signal first (or force band selection). With MOCN there's a band priority list that doesn't put all Sprint bands at the bottom. This *sounds* equivalent to making every Sprint site a keep site, though from the Reddit post B66 will get priority over B41 LTE (fine except in areas that have B41 CA on either carrier), and B66 will get priority over B2 (which is annoying here as B2 is 5 MHz wider unless you're doing non-contiguous CA).

ROAMAHOME is still in effect for 5G devices apparently, which tells me that keep sites are slightly better integrated than the rest of Sprint's sites, as keep sites don't serve as anchors for NR either way. They probably *could* be, but it would require hosting spectrum entirely within PCS A-F and MFBI'ing that spectrum to B2...so probably not worth the effort.

• Like 2

TNX has been fantastic for me, in central Ohio.  I can confirm that it will seamlessly switch between 310260 native T-Mobile towers, and 312250 "Sprint Keep" towers, without me doing anything.  I see it daily on my drive to work, AND at home. This has been a relatively recent change.

Something has change recently, however. Before, I was able to connect to my Magic Box, 311490 PLMN, then it would either hang on to that PLMN, or switch back to native T-Mobile, 310260. Now my home site is using the "Keep" PLMN, 312250 and the phone will not connect to the magic box.  Other device will, such as my iPad.

Something else of note, my native Sprint line (no ROAMAHOME or MOCN) will roam seamlessly on 312250 on T-Mobile sites if I band lock to B2, B66, B12.  

There's a lot going on with the back end to integrate the networks without even doing anything on our devices. Also, what is working a certain way today may work differently tomorrow!  

One other thing of note: I have been noticing a HUGE speed increase with NSA n71, with B66 as the anchor band, and B2, B71 CA.  I have been hitting over 300 Mb/s.  Again, Columbus, Ohio market

I remember the lte rollout with Sprint.  It was rough for many people.  We were all tracking cell site upgrades and reporting issues all over the place.  It was great and wonderful and awful and frustrating.

Everyday, someone was threatening to change carriers.  I am glad I stayed.  I only changed to Tmobile in the last couple of years when I relocated to an area where Sprint was weaker and I couldn't get a good signal indoors.

I am really glad to read these posts where people are overcoming the rough patches while the new Tmobile is rolled out.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, IrwinshereAgain said:

I remember the lte rollout with Sprint.  It was rough for many people.  We were all tracking cell site upgrades and reporting issues all over the place.  It was great and wonderful and awful and frustrating.

Everyday, someone was threatening to change carriers.  I am glad I stayed.  I only changed to Tmobile in the last couple of years when I relocated to an area where Sprint was weaker and I couldn't get a good signal indoors.

I am really glad to read these posts where people are overcoming the rough patches while the new Tmobile is rolled out.

Oh I KNOW in the end it will be THEE network.. Way to much bandwidth, to not be..

But this is getting stupid on the backside of things. Calling in to talk to an actual person is an adventure (more so if you are a biz customer and use to your own single point of contact)   I have been having service issues On TMO equipment, but because I am a sprint customer, I have to talk to those reps, who cant really do a whole lot for me, and jerk me around (it really sucks, when you know as much or more than the CSR on the phone) 

Sprints billing/website has ALWAYS been stupid.. and it still is.. I look forward to the day TMO is running it...

But yes, in the end My guess 2 years I hope.. MOST wrinkles should be gone

• Like 2

23 hours ago, iansltx said:

Let me know what plan name you get moved to. I'm on the Plus Subsidy business plan, which isn't TNX-eligible, and when I called in I was only given Basic/Essentials/Plus/Premium for $60/60/70/80 as options, all of which are either significantly more expensive or significantly inferior to my $55/mo plan.

Between keep sites and T-Mobile's native network I'm comfortable enough hopping over to TNX to get SA and NR CA, but it's not worth me spending $15/mo extra to make the switch.

how many lines do you have??

I am at 10. He said when it hits 13, it drops (odd I know) 

Right now we are on the 60gb  shared for $235, then $10 each line "access"  with roll over each month up to 120, we use roughly 40 each month so we have plenty.  But I guess we got squat for any type of phone deals, unless I played the game of adding lines etc.. (which caught me in the ass this last time)  And now we should get the 2 yr contract on deal, or something like that.. I have a few weeks until we are in the new billing cycle

• Like 1

12 hours ago, floorguy said:

how many lines do you have??

Single line. So my guess is that the cost of the shared data pool would be excessive for me (and it would be nice not to guess at usage as it varies for me month to month).

i was on tnx for a very short time because i couldnt handle the streaming. in the future, 5g sa will be widespread but for now nsa is good enough for me... i did love 5g sa when on tnx but my problem is that video streaming is capped.

my streaming on my ed1500 is uncapped.
i have youtube tv and when i need to watch it on the go, it just sucks on tnx. unusable.

i went back on my sprint sim that has 312530 as hplmn.
i didnt see any 312250 whenever i checked the servicemode. when i force b41. it uses the 312530.
tmobile sites come up as 310260.

whats the experiences on multocn and mocn so far, esp streaming?

Edited by sunmybun

2 hours ago, sunmybun said:

i was on tnx for a very short time because i couldnt handle the streaming. in the future, 5g sa will be widespread but for now nsa is good enough for me... i did love 5g sa when on tnx but my problem is that video streaming is capped.

my streaming on my ed1500 is uncapped.
i have youtube tv and when i need to watch it on the go, it just sucks on tnx. unusable.

i went back on my sprint sim that has 312530 as hplmn.
i didnt see any 312250 whenever i checked the servicemode. when i force b41. it uses the 312530.
tmobile sites come up as 310260.

whats the experiences on multocn and mocn so far, esp streaming?

Same thing I am weighing in my mind. I’m on the same everything data plan. First off it’s bs that they are throttling our video once tnx’d. This needs to be fought. Once TNX is mandatory I will be fighting it. 

If that goes no where I will likely eventually TNX and use a vpn to avoid the throttle. The plan feature to cost just isn’t comparable currently. Even paying for a vpn would be cheaper to stay on everything data.

• Love 1

27 minutes ago, Cardsfan96 said:

Same thing I am weighing in my mind. I’m on the same everything data plan. First off it’s bs that they are throttling our video once tnx’d. This needs to be fought. Once TNX is mandatory I will be fighting it. 

If that goes no where I will likely eventually TNX and use a vpn to avoid the throttle. The plan feature to cost just isn’t comparable currently. Even paying for a vpn would be cheaper to stay on everything data.

yea its bs. ive escalated a ticket about the tnx and our plan. it wont go anywhere but its need to be done. i rather have no throttling than xxGB of hotspot, also.

i havent tried the vpn. does it work well? and hows the latency?

Edited by sunmybun

3 hours ago, iansltx said:

Single line. So my guess is that the cost of the shared data pool would be excessive for me (and it would be nice not to guess at usage as it varies for me month to month).

Yea I am switching from the shared data pool to unlimited for all...