Official Tmobile-Sprint merger discussion thread

On 6/23/2023 at 5:56 PM, Dkoellerwx said:

I wondered what the second n25 carrier was that I was seeing on Cellmapper! I've yet to see it in person. Usually when I'm in town I'm on 100 n41 + 40 n41 + 20 n25. Haven't ever seen the second n25 channel. Pulled 1.2 Gbps on that configuration of SA NR in downtown Shawnee last time I was in town. Upload was around 90 Mbps. 

Yeah, I only connected to it because I forced n71+n25 only, which was significantly less shaky 9 floors up at the KC Crowne Plaza near the convention center.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Grabber5.0 said:

What has everyone's experience been on VoNR that has enabled it? I hadn't given it a second thought until I saw it mentioned again.

In my area, it has worked essentially flawlessly. To the point that I forget I have it on. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PedroDaGr8 said:

In my area, it has worked essentially flawlessly. To the point that I forget I have it on. 

Is there a post to reference to how it can be enabled on an S23 ultra? Or is it something network side that has to be done?

3 hours ago, jonathanm1978 said:

Is there a post to reference to how it can be enabled on an S23 ultra? Or is it something network side that has to be done?

I think it's network side, I had it in KC on my S23 Ultra, but have yet to see it here in Omaha.

• Like 1

Looks like new T-Mobile colocation on an American Tower site has come online in the past month or so near Eubank, KY! Previously a very very dead spot for both Tmo and Sprint

IMG_1437.png

IMG_1436.png 

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, cooltech6597 said:

Looks like new T-Mobile colocation on an American Tower site has come online in the past month or so near Eubank, KY! Previously a very very dead spot for both Tmo and Sprint

IMG_1437.png

IMG_1436.png 

Pictures don't load. That being said, good to see the more rural parts of KY are getting some love. Sprint used to be REALLY hit or miss outside the more suburban bluegrass region. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, PedroDaGr8 said:

Pictures don't load. That being said, good to see the more rural parts of KY are getting some love. Sprint used to be REALLY hit or miss outside the more suburban bluegrass region. 

Images load fine for me, but I reuploaded them here https://imgur.com/a/QSjpFFI just in case. I go down to Red River Gorge every year and service is rough there. Need some new sites down there as well

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The AutoPay discount situation on T-Mobile isn't as bad as I thought it was, but it's still a bit ridiculous. I have my checking account registered as a primary payment method and I have my credit card entered as a secondary payment method.

T-Mobile actually sends you a text a couple days before the payment date as a reminder that you have an upcoming AutoPay payment scheduled. I then went into the App and manually made a payment using my saved credit card information. Could be worse, but it's still annoying to have to do this monthly.

21 hours ago, RedSpark said:

The AutoPay discount situation on T-Mobile isn't as bad as I thought it was, but it's still a bit ridiculous. I have my checking account registered as a primary payment method and I have my credit card entered as a secondary payment method.

T-Mobile actually sends you a text a couple days before the payment date as a reminder that you have an upcoming AutoPay payment scheduled. I then went into the App and manually made a payment using my saved credit card information. Could be worse, but it's still annoying to have to do this monthly.

They also accept the major electronic wallets. I pay a few days early using my AppleCard with ApplePay and still get the 3% Daily Cash and the $5 Autopay discount on all my 8 lines. Hopefully this continues going forward.🤞

• Like 4

3 hours ago, schmidtj said:

Hopefully this continues going forward.🤞

With the way so many people keep flaunting the work around in all the huge public forums and discussion platforms over and over (especially reddit), i wouldnt expect it to. Employees from all levels lurk in these spots, its 2023 after all.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, swintec said:

With the way so many people keep flaunting the work around in all the huge public forums and discussion platforms over and over (especially reddit), i wouldnt expect it to. Employees from all levels lurk in these spots, its 2023 after all.

Agreed. I'm betting with T-Mobile's less than stellar reputation with data breeches it might not send the best message for them to prohibit Electronic Wallets. The "goodwill" the 3% AppleCard perk offers might offset the CC fee? Time will tell.

T‑Mobile Takes the Limelight in Latest Industry Expert Report

Overall Network Performance

• Fastest mobile network (median download speeds still more than 2x faster than Verizon and AT&T)
  • Lowest latency
  • Most consistent network speeds
  • Best mobile video experience

5G Network Performance

• Fastest 5G performance (median download speeds rivaling fixed broadband)
  • Lowest 5G latency
  • Best 5G video score
  • Undefeated for 5G network consistency

— — — — —

As T-Mobile continues its winning streak, the Un-carrier also leads the U.S. as the fastest provider in 44 states and the District of Columbia as well as in 87 of the 100 most populous U.S. cities.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, swintec said:

yea but which devices support this now?

@ingenium has reported "live on Pixel 7 series (and maybe 6) with android 14 beta.

• Like 4

Looks like the Anna, OH new T-Mobile colocation is online! I've been noticing more and more new colocations/tower adds recently... definitely an exciting time for T-mo

image.png

• Like 4

Saw 20x20 n25 in Atlanta when there Sunday/Monday. Also, 100+50 MHz n41. IIRC DFW also has 20x20 n25 now; I know I saw it on the ride up 35 somewhere, on top of 20x20 n71 at the time. Albuquerque continues to have 3CA n41+25+71.

• Like 6