Official Tmobile-Sprint merger discussion thread

5 minutes ago, floorguy said:

Let me reach out to my business guy (lost my dedicated guy, which is stupid)  He is in a group of 50, but I have his email and he can call out, or we email back and forth... Ill see if he has a individual contact person

That would be great, they kept telling me the plan no longer exists in their system which is a lie. At least the Canadian girl I talked to was very nice and understanding and did what she was allowed to do, wasn't getting anywhere with the India people it was almost like a joke everything was lost in translation. 

Billing and customer service has been a huge pain in the rear.  I wanted to cancel a tablet line and add watch, same number of lines, could not do it without a $250 deposit, due to the number of lines.  No way around it, I went pretty far up through T-Mobile's customer service, finally paid it, get a bill credit for the $250.  I've been a Sprint customer for 21 years, it was frustrating to go through this!  They also have an issue with the amount financed, which were sold as get free device for a new line.

18 hours ago, BlueAngel said:

Finally got connected to a Canadian, very helpful and understood what I was saying! Sprint Unlimited Freedom no longer exists, they can't put me back on it. So I am back on the taxes included plan with a $20 a month credit. Love how they just put me on the most basic plan to make the bill appear normal but it's obviously not video streaming looks like hot garbage if I am not on my VPN. Once my lease is up I may be jumping ship, we shall see.

What vpn do you use?

15 hours ago, BlueAngel said:

That would be great, they kept telling me the plan no longer exists in their system which is a lie. At least the Canadian girl I talked to was very nice and understanding and did what she was allowed to do, wasn't getting anywhere with the India people it was almost like a joke everything was lost in translation. 

You should email mike.sievert@t-mobile.com. This get you a response from the executive team. It helped me when no one else could fixing device credits.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cardsfan96 said:

You should email mike.sievert@t-mobile.com. This get you a response from the executive team. It helped me when no one else could fixing device credits.

At a certain point, the customer service experience on legacy Sprint may drop to the point that customers leave for another carrier.

When T-Mobile says "T-Mobile Network Experience", it can't leave customers with a throwback Sprint customer experience, whether it's customer service that doesn't know how to do things or a website that clearly isn't being updated and in a "just keep the lights on" state for certain account functions, as was my experience.

Frankly, the legacy Sprint customer experience is going to continue to worsen until T-Mobile creates and announces an initiative to move everyone over and sunset the Sprint brand. This will take money. Right now T-Mobile is probably spending the bare minimum to keep the Sprint website afloat until it does that.

Just my thoughts of course.

In March TMobile announced a major addition to it's Charleston SC customer support center where it will be adding 540 jobs and spending about 10 million dollars.

https://www.postandcourier.com/business/t-mobile-expanding-its-north-charleston-customer-call-center/article_e8fdf620-7c61-11eb-9e02-e33432834607.html

I believe there have been other sites added or upgraded around the country also.  Hopefully this is the start of a better experience for customers like Jporter12 and BlueAngel.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RedSpark said:

At a certain point, the customer service experience on legacy Sprint may drop to the point that customers leave for another carrier.

When T-Mobile says "T-Mobile Network Experience", it can't leave customers with a throwback Sprint customer experience, whether it's customer service that doesn't know how to do things or a website that clearly isn't being updated and in a "just keep the lights on" state for certain account functions, as was my experience.

Frankly, the legacy Sprint customer experience is going to continue to worsen until T-Mobile creates and announces an initiative to move everyone over and sunset the Sprint brand. This will take money. Right now T-Mobile is probably spending the bare minimum to keep the Sprint website afloat until it does that.

Just my thoughts of course.

I think they are planning to get all sprint customers to eventually opt into tax included versions of their current plans which will transfer to the T-Mobile system. People on legacy plans like myself on Everything data. I believe they’d like to see us leave or switch plans. Throttling our video on TNX is a terrible move unless they want us gone.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cardsfan96 said:

I sent an email let's see what happens. 

Haha, just got a text saying I will be put back onto Unlimited Freedom v24 as of 6/6, think the email worked!

Edited by BlueAngel
  • Like 4

49 minutes ago, Cardsfan96 said:

I think they are planning to get all sprint customers to eventually opt into tax included versions of their current plans which will transfer to the T-Mobile system. People on legacy plans like myself on Everything data. I believe they’d like to see us leave or switch plans. Throttling our video on TNX is a terrible move unless they want us gone.

We're on "Unlimited Freedom with Taxes/Fees Included" w/TNX on our lines, and it's actually less than we were paying before, so I don't mind that. What I don't like is the loss of certain on-device functionality that we had with Sprint. 

Switching to TNX meant we couldn't update Wi-Fi Calling Addresses directly on Android handsets (On device address updating was still possible for iPhones) as we could before with Sprint SIM's. We now had to go through the ancient section of the Sprint website to do that (which T-Mobile probably has no intention of updating until they turn it off.) So every time you have to do this, which admittedly isn't often, you have to log on to Sprint's website and do it.

I guess it'll stay the same or get worse until T-Mobile throws the switch on billing migration (which these Tax/Fee included plans make easier for T-Mobile to do as they are in-line with what they currently offer) and Sprint is no longer a supported brand identity.

Edited by RedSpark
Clarity
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, BlueAngel said:

Just got a phone call from executive services, they're switching me back and crediting my account for the last 3 months for the difference! I'm pleased. 

Yea that team is legit. I had to use them when I was having issues with my phone connecting to n41 and was getting no help from support. They ended up sending me out a brand new S20+

• Like 3

Now this could get interesting:

DT's stake in T-Mobile US: 43%

SoftBank's stake in T-Mobile US: 24%

Public shareholder stake in T-Mobile US: 33%

According to the article, DT has voting control over SoftBank’s shares in T-Mobile US, and this was agreed to as part of the deal for T-Mobile's acquisition of Sprint.

Striking an agreement with Masa is the first step in the process apparently.

We could know more at DT's event on Thursday.

Sitting on my flight home from SJC and hitting 400 Mbps in an aisle seat. That's on 100 MHz n41 (centered at 2560 MHz) plus 20x20 B66 + 15x15 B2. Sprint B41 also exists here; was seeing that in the terminal. Didn't lose signal between SF and here, even in the BART tunnel under the bay.

In SF, had only 40 MHz n41, and it was rare to see speeds break 100 Mbps. VZW was either LTE-only or LTE+n5 but hit 150-180 Mbps on Visible. In SJC speeds were much slower with a similar config. Didn't see mmW or even CBRS anywhere.

Also saw 25+41 CA (5x5 on B25 every time I looked, 1-2 CA on B41) in a few places.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, iansltx said:

In SF, had only 40 MHz n41, and it was rare to see speeds break 100 Mbps.

Must have a lot of use. We only have 40Mhz n41 here but I regularly see speeds 250 - nearly 500Mbps. Aggregated with 20x20 AWS. What was the anchor band, or did you notice?

3 hours ago, Dkoellerwx said:

Must have a lot of use. We only have 40Mhz n41 here but I regularly see speeds 250 - nearly 500Mbps. Aggregated with 20x20 AWS. What was the anchor band, or did you notice?

Either 66 at 20 MHz or 2 at 15, with the other as SCC. Sometimes with B71 at 5 MHz as an SCC.

I've likewise seen plenty good speeds out of even 40 MHz n41, so this was definitely a surprise. This was near the Embarcadero BART station (so, an area where I believe VZW says they have mmW), so rather dense, though traffic still isn't quite to normal levels yet.

If T-Mobile can't get more than 40 MHz n41 to play with there, I wouldn't be surprised if they threw mmW, LAA, or CBRS in some areas to supplement capacity once outdoor usage picks back up.

The materials for DT's Capital Markets Day 2021 are up: https://www.telekom.com/en/investor-relations/publications/capital-markets-days/capital-markets-day-2021

Group Strategy - Tim Höttges, CEO:

https://www.telekom.com/resource/blob/627572/e2db68744b3b0a46462f7d3af7193132/dl-dt-cmd21-1-group-strategy-data.pdf

TMUS - Mike Sievert:

https://www.telekom.com/resource/blob/627584/3c50d3c0620f3bbcf8e8ae1d35712864/dl-dt-cmd21-4-t-mobile-us-data.pdf

Some very interesting content about T-Mobile's post-merger strategy and its future plans in these presentations.

8 hours ago, iansltx said:

Either 66 at 20 MHz or 2 at 15, with the other as SCC. Sometimes with B71 at 5 MHz as an SCC.

I've likewise seen plenty good speeds out of even 40 MHz n41, so this was definitely a surprise. This was near the Embarcadero BART station (so, an area where I believe VZW says they have mmW), so rather dense, though traffic still isn't quite to normal levels yet.

If T-Mobile can't get more than 40 MHz n41 to play with there, I wouldn't be surprised if they threw mmW, LAA, or CBRS in some areas to supplement capacity once outdoor usage picks back up.

They're limited to 40 MHz carriers in SF due to a squatter. Sprint had the same issue which was why they deployed only 2 B41 carriers. There were a few sites that had a third non contiguous carrier, but it was pretty rare.

15 hours ago, iansltx said:

Also saw 25+41 CA (5x5 on B25 every time I looked, ------

I have NEVER seen 25+41 on Sprint.  I have seen it talked about, but I never found it anywhere.

This was a big negative with Sprint.  Band 41 never worked in the fringe areas because there was no usable upload.  I sure hope TM does have this issue under control.

8 hours ago, chamb said:

I have NEVER seen 25+41 on Sprint.  I have seen it talked about, but I never found it anywhere.

This was a big negative with Sprint.  Band 41 never worked in the fringe areas because there was no usable upload.  I sure hope TM does have this issue under control.

99% sure it's something specific to Samsung gear. Haven't seen it in Ericsson markets, but did see it in geographically disparate Samsung markets.

On 5/19/2021 at 6:23 AM, stlman314 said:

Yea that team is legit. I had to use them when I was having issues with my phone connecting to n41 and was getting no help from support. They ended up sending me out a brand new S20+

Was it a s-20+ to begin with??

My ultra was having all sorts of issues. I finally tweeted (which that works well to) a video of what my phone was doing.. and after 2 weeks and going through network checks, and taking the phone in, you know playing the game.  I got a Note 20 replacement. (because they are out of a bunch of phones) 

• Like 1

On 5/18/2021 at 7:38 PM, BlueAngel said:

Just got a phone call from executive services, they're switching me back and crediting my account for the last 3 months for the difference! I'm pleased. 

I knew they would be able to help you. Glad it worked out.

• Like 1

Has anyone with one of the iPhone 12 models with tna been experiencing periods frequently where your phone will not connect to 5g? I cannot explain it. Sometimes it happens when I lose service and sometimes just randomly. Sometimes I can force the phone to lose service completely and when it reconnects it finds 5g right away, other times I can’t get it to reconnect that way. I don’t think it’s a device issue hardware wise because all four of our iPhones do it. It doesn’t happen with our one device on TNX. It has to be some kind of software glitch with sim provisioning or something. Anyone else experiencing the same?

4 hours ago, Cardsfan96 said:

Has anyone with one of the iPhone 12 models with tna been experiencing periods frequently where your phone will not connect to 5g? I cannot explain it. Sometimes it happens when I lose service and sometimes just randomly. Sometimes I can force the phone to lose service completely and when it reconnects it finds 5g right away, other times I can’t get it to reconnect that way. I don’t think it’s a device issue hardware wise because all four of our iPhones do it. It doesn’t happen with our one device on TNX. It has to be some kind of software glitch with sim provisioning or something. Anyone else experiencing the same?

What 5G mode do you have your iPhones in?

“5G On” or “5G Auto”?

“Allow More Data on 5G” or “Standard”?

We use “5G Auto” and “Allow More Data on 5G” for our iPhone 12 Pro’s on TNX and none of them have the issue you’re describing.

56 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

What 5G mode do you have your iPhones in?

“5G On” or “5G Auto”?

“Allow More Data on 5G” or “Standard”?

We use “5G Auto” and “Allow More Data on 5G” for our iPhone 12 Pro’s on TNX and none of them have the issue you’re describing.

Most of the time 5g on, Allow more data on 5g.