Galaxy S9 Series user thread

SturgeonGeneral

Thanks Sprint!  I still had 2 months before I could upgrade w/ Galaxy Forever but Sprint allowed me to upgrade without paying the remaining 2 months off. 
Congrats! We've made you eligible to upgrade early to the new Samsung Galaxy S9 for $33/mo. Experience features reimagined when you skip the line to pre-order today. Plus, get FREE shipping when you order online.

They aren't really doing you any favors. Its all apart of there plan. They said they want as many people upgrading early as possible to keep them payments coming. I guess it's a win win

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Terrell352 said:

They aren't really doing you any favors. Its all apart of there plan. They said they want as many people upgrading early as possible to keep them payments coming. I guess it's a win win

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Its fine by me!  Sprint service is great in my area, unlimited data, free Hulu, new Galaxy every year, whats not to love! 

• Like 2

I'm having doubts for Monday. Mine says that the shipping label was created on the 8th and ready for pickup with 2nd day air service and a delivery for Monday the 12th. But there has been no activity since the label was created.

1 hour ago, Mooeydj said:

I'm having doubts for Monday. Mine says that the shipping label was created on the 8th and ready for pickup with 2nd day air service and a delivery for Monday the 12th. But there has been no activity since the label was created.

Same here, I'm still thinking tomorrow the tracking information just hasn't been updated. I'm expecting a rogue update at some point overnight. *crosses fingers*

• Like 1

I went to Best Buy today to pick up a SIM card for my upcoming Unlocked Galaxy S9+. I went in looking for SIM card part # SIMOLW416Q Galaxy S8, but was sold SIM part #: SIMGLW416Q. The Best Buy Mobile rep said that's the one they sell to customers with an Unlocked Note 8.

So was I given the correct SIM card?

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

51 minutes ago, optimummind said:
I went to Best Buy today to pick up a SIM card for my upcoming Unlocked Galaxy S9+. I went in looking for SIM card part # SIMOLW416Q Galaxy S8, but was sold SIM part #: SIMGLW416Q. The Best Buy Mobile rep said that's the one they sell to customers with an Unlocked Note 8.

So was I given the correct SIM card?

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Nope.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, lilotimz said:

Nope.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Thx.  Was he at least right about that SIM card working with the Unlocked Note 8?  If so, Sprint is changing up SIM cards again so soon just a few months after the release of the Note 8?

Is the Sprint store the only place right now to buy that SIM card you mentioned on Reddit?  Couldn't find it on Amazon or Sprint.

1 minute ago, optimummind said:

Thx.  Was he at least right about that SIM card working with the Unlocked Note 8?  If so, Sprint is changing up SIM cards again so soon just a few months after the release of the Note 8?

Is the Sprint store the only place right now to buy that SIM card you mentioned on Reddit?  Couldn't find it on Amazon or Sprint.

Does anyone have any idea of how the battery life is? Because I'm looking to switch from the Note 8 to possibly the S9 Plus.

2 minutes ago, optimummind said:

You'll need to ask for the BYOD card probably. Only like 2 popular mid range devices uses it so it's a pretty rare card to have around. 

Just make sure they get the card with such specified info. 

3 hours ago, danlodish345 said:

Does anyone have any idea of how the battery life is? Because I'm looking to switch from the Note 8 to possibly the S9 Plus.

Well the s8+ has better battery life than the note 8 and the s9+ suppose to have marginally better battery life than the s8+ even with 100mah less capacity so yeah, it will have better battery life than the note 8.

5 minutes ago, BlueAngel said:

Or it just might show up, nothing has been updated doesn't make any sense.

Nah, I don't think it will show up today.  What I'm thinking is that the last few days were spent getting everyone's phones ready for shipping and ups will actually receive them today then they will be shipped out today. So tomorrow for sure. Also, this is how its always been when pre-ordering phones through sprint, at least in my experience.  The shipping notification(when its a preorder) is just when they assign your order a tracking number and not when it actually ships. 

25 minutes ago, themuffinman said:

Nah, I don't think it will show up today.  What I'm thinking is that the last few days were spent getting everyone's phones ready for shipping and ups will actually receive them today then they will be shipped out today. So tomorrow for sure. Also, this is how its always been when pre-ordering phones through sprint, at least in my experience.  The shipping notification(when its a preorder) is just when they assign your order a tracking number and not when it actually ships. 

You'e probably right I've never done a preorder with sprint. 

UPS hasn't even received the phones yet, a shipping label has been created which has put the phones into the UPS system to be ready for pickup.  UPS will probably have them in their possession by 2PM today and on plane by 7-8PM, most of will receive S9's by tomorrow or no later than Wednesday.  

UPDATE: My S9 was just received at the Louisville, KY hub as of 9:40AM.

7 hours ago, themuffinman said:

Well the s8+ has better battery life than the note 8 and the s9+ suppose to have marginally better battery life than the s8+ even with 100mah less capacity so yeah, it will have better battery life than the note 8.

Okay understood. I can't wait till launch day on Friday. I'll be going Friday morning to get it:-)

8 hours ago, themuffinman said:

S9+ has the same size battery as the s8+ 3500mah.