SignalCheck Beta Crew Forum

mikejeep

20 hours ago, Trip said:

I'm now also getting the [null] error.  Previously I was getting the null pointer exception.  Definitely seeing my device (multiple times) on the web page.

Yeah that change was a result of the null moving from one point in the code to another with the latest update, ha. I'm digging into it. Appreciate all the quick feedback from everyone! Hopefully can figure out what is going on and resolve it today.

• Like 3

Rolling out a new beta release now with some minor adjustments and additional logging. Please log out of the app (or remove your session(s) from the website if the app is not providing the log out option) and try to log in again. If you experience an issue, please submit a diagnostic report immediately after your attempt. Logs only capture a limited amount of information, and sometimes a delay causes the useful information to already be overwritten.

I also sent an e-mail to the beta crew offering a faster way to receive beta updates, please let me know if you have any questions.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, mikejeep said:

Rolling out a new beta release now with some minor adjustments and additional logging. Please log out of the app (or remove your session(s) from the website if the app is not providing the log out option) and try to log in again. If you experience an issue, please submit a diagnostic report immediately after your attempt. Logs only capture a limited amount of information, and sometimes a delay causes the useful information to already be overwritten.

I also sent an e-mail to the beta crew offering a faster way to receive beta updates, please let me know if you have any questions.

Sent an immediate diagnostic report

• Thanks 1

Another beta update rolling out now, another attempted fix at the web login issues. As before, try to log in and please submit diagnostics if it fails. If logging in works properly, please attempt to upload your data, and also attempt to log out from within the app. Thank you!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Trip said:

Still no luck.  Diagnostics sent.

Ok, thanks (EDIT: I didn't get fresh diagnostics from you).. won't be able to get any other updates out tonight, but I'll be working on it again tomorrow. I would appreciate additional diagnostics from anyone who wants to try logging in and sending them.

Any logged is still saved, and your device(s) are actually logging in, there's just something weird going on with processing the login response.. if I can't get it fixed by tomorrow afternoon, I'll push out an update that will bypass some things as a temporary fix.

• Like 3

I believe I have finally tracked down the cause of the null pointer issue, it was a compiler issue -- which explains why I could not replicate it myself. New release is rolling out to Google Play now. Please test and submit diagnostics if you encounter any problems. Thanks for all of the help and feedback!

• Like 1
  • Love 3

27 minutes ago, mikejeep said:

I believe I have finally tracked down the cause of the null pointer issue, it was a compiler issue -- which explains why I could not replicate it myself. New release is rolling out to Google Play now. Please test and submit diagnostics if you encounter any problems. Thanks for all of the help and feedback!

Can confirm that this change fixed it. I was able to log-in successfully and finally update the 4.5k datapoints I had queued up. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

One last beta update is rolling out now before it goes live for the public.. this includes minor code improvements and cleanup, and the removal of the [SCC] indicator on neighbor cells. For now, only the [PCC] indicator will appear (if applicable) on neighbor cells, as the SCC indicator is basically redundant. If anyone has seen the PCC indicator on their device (or sees it in the future), please let me know. This will likely only appear when you are in a dual SIM configuration and it should help me provide dual SIM support.

Absent any new bugs appearing with this update, a parallel release will finally go out to non-beta users soon!

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Another SignalCheck beta is rolling out now -- I was able to replicate an additional instance of n7/n38 appearing incorrectly and improved the workaround for that (hopefully that resolves it for you this time, @dkyeager).

This update is being pushed out as version 4.731b to the Beta Crew and version 4.73 to the public!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, mikejeep said:

Another SignalCheck beta is rolling out now -- I was able to replicate an additional instance of n7/n38 appearing incorrectly and improved the workaround for that (hopefully that resolves it for you this time, @dkyeager).

This update is being pushed out as version 4.731b to the Beta Crew and version 4.73 to the public!

It works on the Samsung Galaxy A32 5g , which was one of the "free" T-Mobile 5g phones, and also the factory unlocked firmware.  Thanks for all your hard work Mike.

• Like 3

Mike, in case you are feeling lucky, I sent in diags when on n41 from my s21 ultra U1 (factory unlocked) which can still use samsung band selector app. Both *#0011* and cellmapper can see the n41.

The s22+ U1 has T-Mobile esim and USMobile (Verizon) psim. Cellmapper can see both, but often gets confused in the carrier display. The latest production SCP can not see the Verizon network.  Did notice no web update in production version so maybe other differences?  Thanks.

Edit: I also sent diags in on the s22+ with two networks.

23 minutes ago, mikejeep said:

Rolling out a minor beta update right now.. will hopefully resolve issues for users who imported databases from newer versions of the app than they were running at the time.

Er, sorry.  I know this is my fault.  😅

Separately, I wanted to flag that the new log-in feature for uploading could probably use a bit of tweaking when it doesn't work properly.  I'm currently in my standard Poor Reception Area™ and I've had it prompt me to login when the connection was bad.  It even pops up a message indicating that it's an Unknown Host Exception or something along those lines.  Seems like it should just say "unable to connect" or something.

It also seems to hang the app while trying to figure that out, though I'm not sure there's much you can do there.

- Trip

• Like 1