SignalCheck Beta Crew Forum

mikejeep

Until seeing these posted I thought @Trip was the only one who experienced the bug -- I've been researching how/why that would happen, but hadn't come up with anything useful yet. I haven't experienced it myself and I'm scratching my head as to what would cause that. A "stuck" location makes sense from a programming standpoint, but delayed is very puzzling. It's definitely something I've been trying to figure out.

If anyone experiencing that issue could be please comment on the issue page linked above, it will help me keep track of it. Include the device(s) with Android version please. Thanks!

• Like 1

Mike, Samsung A10e, android 11 latest patch.  SignalCheck Pro fails to launch after install unless you go to settings | apps | app permissions and give it location (for all the time).  In the setup it did ask for location permission, which I gave it.  This has happened on two identical phones.

Just did a third identical phone with no problems.  I installed SignalCheck Pro first on this one, I think it was second install on the other phones. Both apps used location data.  Likely this issue can be documented away.

Edited by dkyeager
added details on 3rd identical phone experience.
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, jefbal99 said:

Just now, LTE B12 started showing signal strengths on my pixel 6 pro android 13

You mean the combo icon started working?? I get random updates maybe once an hour. It's very bizarre. Still playing with things on my end in case there is a way around it.

40 minutes ago, mikejeep said:

You mean the combo icon started working?? I get random updates maybe once an hour. It's very bizarre. Still playing with things on my end in case there is a way around it.

Yeah, it went away quickly and hasn't worked since then.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, jefbal99 said:

After a Carrier Services update today I'm consistently having signal strength numbers in the status bar

I updated Carrier Services this morning too, but no change in icon behavior on my Pixel 6. I discovered that there was a beta track for it just now, so I joined that and got another update soon after, but it didn't change anything.

Glad to hear you are seeing good things.. maybe it was something other than Carrier Services that caused it. Fingers crossed hoping it's something rolling out to everyone!

46 minutes ago, mikejeep said:

I updated Carrier Services this morning too, but no change in icon behavior on my Pixel 6. I discovered that there was a beta track for it just now, so I joined that and got another update soon after, but it didn't change anything.

Glad to hear you are seeing good things.. maybe it was something other than Carrier Services that caused it. Fingers crossed hoping it's something rolling out to everyone!

I've been on the beta for carrier services for quite awhile.

Looks like we are back to inconsistency, lost the signal strength in the last hour or so.

Sent in diags for latest beta not correctly reporting channel number for Wi-Fi 6E.  It was reported as zero when it was 5, frequency 5975 MHz with 160MHz width or had it at channel 21 6055 MHz  (the same results).  I could not do Samsung diags since it was using a Verizon network sim.  Will put in a T-Mobile sim next time to get those details.

Given that the Wi-Fi icon on many phones reports this as 6e or when in 5GHz as 6, perhaps the Wi-Fi subheading should change to Wi-Fi 6 / Wi-Fi 6E, especially since the low end of 6E starts at 5955 MHz.

• Thanks 1

Mike. I sent in more diags for wi-fi 6e yesterday where SCP shows channel = 0.  Thanks.

• Thanks 1

Just sent in working(1) and not working examples for n41 SCP (2), all from A32 5G.  This phone now appears to be reporting n41 correctly in *#0011#

Edited by dkyeager
added more details
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

A new SignalCheck beta update is rolling out now and should be available within the hour. Wi-Fi 6E support was added, and I made another attempt to fix n41 displaying as n7 and/or n38.

Please check out those issues and let me know.. thanks!

• Like 5

9 hours ago, mikejeep said:

A new SignalCheck beta update is rolling out now and should be available within the hour. Wi-Fi 6E support was added, and I made another attempt to fix n41 displaying as n7 and/or n38.

I did try the n7 fix.  No go on the Samsung Galaxy a32 5g.  I send diags. Hopefully nailed soon.  Thanks.

• Sad 1

On 10/10/2022 at 1:54 PM, mikejeep said:

Wi-Fi 6e is identified and shows correctly.  Wi-Fi 6 just shows as Wi-Fi, like the phone icon on the A32 5g, but the s21 ultra shows it as Wi-Fi 6 in icon.

Edited by dkyeager
clarity
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, dkyeager said:

Wi-Fi 6e is identified and shows correctly.  Wi-Fi 6 just shows as Wi-Fi, like the phone icon on the A32 5g, but the s21 ultra shows it as Wi-Fi 6 in icon.

I only added Wi-Fi 6E initially because that is identified by frequency.. I'm testing Wi-Fi 4/5/6 labels now, which are tied to the 802.11 standard.

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

FYI, I'm having an issue with uploading my data points to the server. It tries and fails, saying "Internal Server Error" but it isn't exporting the files for inspection. I send a Diagnostic Report from right after a failed upload.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PedroDaGr8 said:

FYI, I'm having an issue with uploading my data points to the server. It tries and fails, saying "Internal Server Error" but it isn't exporting the files for inspection. I send a Diagnostic Report from right after a failed upload.

I'm seeing the same. If I go out and back in to upload again it still shows my pending web entries. 

• Like 1

I will take a look. I've run into that once or twice and the only way I could resolve it was to select the Discard Web Entries option to reset the upload timestamp. That will cause you to lose any data you had not uploaded yet though.

15 minutes ago, mikejeep said:

I will take a look. I've run into that once or twice and the only way I could resolve it was to select the Discard Web Entries option to reset the upload timestamp. That will cause you to lose any data you had not uploaded yet though.

If that's the solution, so be it. It would be nice if it could skip over the first block(s) until it reaches blocks which it can upload.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PedroDaGr8 said:

If that's the solution, so be it. It would be nice if it could skip over the first block(s) until it reaches blocks which it can upload.

I haven't been able to pinpoint what causes the "Internal server error" response, otherwise I'd be handling it a lot more gracefully.. ;)

On 10/12/2022 at 8:29 PM, PedroDaGr8 said:

By the way, similar to the n41/n7 issue, n25 is reporting as n2, while the *#0011# menu reports it as n25.

Samsung OS is reporting the connection as band 2.. a bit maddening since their own proprietary screens don't. It's problematic because the connected channel is a valid under n2 and n25, so absent the OS being fixed, there's no way to know which it is--except we know T-Mobile is using n25, not n2, so I'll try implementing a yet another workaround hack specific to T-Mobile.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikejeep said:

I haven't been able to pinpoint what causes the "Internal server error" response, otherwise I'd be handling it a lot more gracefully.. ;)

Not sure if it helps but I did lose signal during an upload a bit before this happened. Maybe that's part of it?