Q4 2015 Sprint Corp Earnings (Jan-Mar 2016)

NYC126

Did they announce anything on the 800 mhz

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Not that I heard.

The latest on that would be in Sprint’s Status Report on 800 MHz Band Reconfiguration (May 2, 2016): http://apps.fcc.gov/ecfs/comment/view?id=60001698703

• Like 1

So, does this mean that 800 mhz license is cleared

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

In those areas, yes.  But only in those areas.

The areas in red and light green on the map on page 2 of that document still are in limbo apparently. 

• Like 2

Haven't had a chance to review the powerpoints or read all of the above posts...

Any mention about NGN deployment? Anything else exciting that was uncovered during the Q&A?

Basically the answer is no and will continue to be no since Sprint doesn't want to make promises that could potentially be detrimental is they don't follow through. It's the mistake Sprint made under Hesse and I'm willing to bet Marcelo won't be making them again.

• Like 1

So the 3rd carrier is showing as it's 2xca + another 20mhz carrier card for a total of 3 carriers on a site? Not showing as 3xca because the the tower needs a software update?

Is the 3rd carrier card active as a single 20mhz? If so does that really help? Who gets the one carrier card and who gets the 2xca if phones are equal? Is this another form of network management? Will that affect testing if say root metrics gets the 1 20 MHz vs the 2xca?

Didn't Sprint change their financial calendar so 1Q actually means Sept to Dec 2016? or am I mistaken

Sprint fiscal first quarter is april to june.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

I don't believe this at all. Even there coverage map is nowhere near 70% coverage. When Sprint LTE was 70% finished it was easy find it. 2500 at 70% is still non existent for miles. Granted my home site just recieved nokia equipment this week but its still much harder to find a tower with b41 on it.

That's in your local area.

In the NYC market for example, 2.5Ghz is nearing 90% if not more.

• Like 5

That's in your local area.

In the NYC market for example, 2.5Ghz is nearing 90% if not more.

Local as in most of north florida. Thats some huge patches of b41 missing to be at 70%. I just don't believe it and you need to see proof.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

So the 3 carrier is showing so it's 2xca + another 20 for a total of 3?

How does that help and who gets the one carrier and who gets the 2xca if phones are equal?

Folks with non CA devices get access to that third carrier, effectively off-loading work from the other 2 carriers, in essence bringing up average speeds overall for all users with triband devices.

• Like 1

I don't believe this at all. Even there coverage map is nowhere near 70% coverage. When Sprint LTE was 70% finished it was easy find it. 2500 at 70% is still non existent for miles. Granted my home site just recieved nokia equipment this week but its still much harder to find a tower with b41 on it.

I don't think it's 70% of their footprint but 70% of total POP's covered which would mean 210 Million people are covered by Band 41. That doesn't seem too wrong to me.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 9

Local as in most of north florida. Thats some huge patches of b41 missing to be at 70%. I just don't believe it and you need to see proof.

Yeah that's a pretty small area when you consider the rest of the country. Also, I actually can see proof ;)

• Like 5

Definitely different experience in different markets, here in NYC and NJ I agree with Deval, im on B41 about 95% of time in NYC and bout 85% in NJ.

• Like 2

He's an employee so I'm guessing that he has access to glance or some other internal tools that allow him to see the proof, but can't share details publicly.

• Like 6

I don't think it's 70% of their footprint but 70% of total POP's covered which would mean 210 Million people are covered by Band 41. That doesn't seem too wrong to me.

I agree with your interpretation.

From the Quarterly Investor Update:

"Total LTE coverage now reaches nearly 300 million people, including approximately 70 percent being covered by the 2.5 GHz spectrum deployment."

• Like 1

It doesn't specify whether they mean area or of POP's but it's safer to assume they mean POP's as opposed to area.

I agree.

Definitely different experience in different markets, here in NYC and NJ I agree with Deval, im on B41 about 95% of time in NYC and bout 85% in NJ.

95% just outdoor only or both indoor and outdoor?

95% just outdoor only or both indoor and outdoor?

I'd say for me it's 90%+ outdoors and 70%+ indoors. My neighborhood has horrible site spacing yet I manage to get Band 41 indoors.