Q4 2015 Sprint Corp Earnings (Jan-Mar 2016)

NYC126

So you're saying it worked? ;)

Sprint barely gained postpaid subscribers this past quarter, and that was only because they extended their half-off promotion from end of last year.

The big question is whether Sprint can gain momentum in growth, let alone keep subscriber additions positive, without expensive gimmicks.

Hmm... Says LTE coverage is at almost 300million with 70% covered by 2.5GHz. Must include roaming LTE.

It most definitely includes roaming LTE...but even then I'm having a bit of a hard time with that number.

And I'm not trying to start an argument here.. Just though it was an interesting nugget. T-mo seems to be stealing the bulk of the customers from the big two. I miss the days of Sprint gaining big chunks of subscribers.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I think this is where the damaged Sprint brand continues to be a drag. The new CMO needs to figure out how to get this patched up.

• Like 1

I thought 3xca was already available on new phones?? New Sammy was supposed to have it?? Do they mean completed?

As of now samsung S7/S7edge are the only ones with 3xca on board. still waiting on details about the HTC10.

It most definitely includes roaming LTE...but even then I'm having a bit of a hard time with that number.

If that includes Roaming thats the way to make people mad. People dont care about the cost to the phone company they want native coverage not roaming. Thats why Alot of people I know use Verzion. Coverage. Coverage is my complain. I also question  their LTE coverageg numbers. Here in Minnesota and, wisconsin, they still have 3G only areas. why. 3G should be all covered with LTE.

• Like 1

If that includes Roaming thats the way to make people mad. People dont care about the cost to the phone company they want native coverage not roaming. Thats why Alot of people I know use Verzion. Coverage. Coverage is my complain. I also question  their LTE coverageg numbers. Here in Minnesota and, wisconsin, they still have 3G only areas. why. 3G should be all covered with LTE.

Thats the name of the game.  Marketing at its finest. Wake up!! Open your eyes.  T-Mobile and Verizon are experts at fraudulent marketing. Especially T-Mo, as of late.  Here in Phx, VZW shows a blanket of solid LTE coverage, yet I know multiple people with late model VZW LTE phones that frequent unusable 3G service on a daily basis.  Looks like you took the bait, hook, line, and sinker. 

• Like 1

http://www.kansascity.com/news/business/technology/article75279182.html

Here's our old bud Mark Davis chiming in. Now Moffett is also running with the theory of Sprint biding time for a change in administration for a 2017 merger with T-Mobile. 

Here's a quote of Moffett in the WSJ article (I'm not linking it but you can Google it):

“If you offer a fifty percent discount to the competition, there’s something wrong if you DON’T add subscribers,” Craig Moffett of MoffettNathanson wrote in a research note. But even with those discounts, customer additions were weaker than expected, Mr. Moffett said. “So what now? Real growth seems unattainable.”

• Like 1

Thats the name of the game. Marketing at its finest. Wake up!! Open your eyes. T-Mobile and Verizon are experts at fraudulent marketing. Especially T-Mo, as of late. Here in Phx, VZW shows a blanket of solid LTE coverage, yet I know multiple people with late model VZW LTE phones that frequent unusable 3G service on a daily basis. Looks like you took the bait, hook, line, and sinker.

Oh I know T-Mobile is

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

95% just outdoor only or both indoor and outdoor?

I'm starting to see B41 indoors more and more now. My apartment in Queens gets B41 in all the rooms, even in the hallway.

• Like 1

85% indoor that is impressive.  I notice on sensorly.com in NY there are more dark purple areas compared to a few months ago. B41 has poor propagation but yet you get the signal 85% indoor, is it because of beam forming and 4r4r antenna or maybe because of small cells?

It only gets better with small cells to fill those gaps in B41 coverage. My phone now parks on B41^2 all the time, both Sprint and Clearwire. 

• Like 1

http://www.kansascity.com/news/business/technology/article75279182.html

Here's our old bud Mark Davis chiming in. Now Moffett is also running with the theory of Sprint biding time for a change in administration for a 2017 merger with T-Mobile.

Here's a quote of Moffett in the WSJ article (I'm not linking it but you can Google it):

I think this is just the Sprint brand damaging the potential. People see Sprint offering 50% off, they think "half off for half the service" - they have very little goodwill if any attached to the brand. MetroPCS probably has more goodwill than Sprint at this point. If Sprint was to offer same rates and plans under a new MVNO with a nice name, after creation of an initial subscriber base they'd probably build out a new postpaid following very quickly with increased goodwill.

It only gets better with small cells to fill those gaps in B41 coverage. My phone now parks on B41^2 all the time, both Sprint and Clearwire. 

I have not seen any B41 Clearwire site in the Bay Area going B41^2 at all. I see plenty of Sprint B41^3 at work.

I have not seen any B41 Clearwire site in the Bay Area going B41^2 at all. I see plenty of Sprint B41^3 at work.

He's in a Samsung clear market. You're in a Huawei clear market.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Not surprised by these results. In my market MetroPCS and Verizon have suddenly started to target Sprint in its advertisements.

Yes but MetroPCS is not selling the whole picture. Their 1GB cap is gone fast and after that people are asked to pay money for additional high speed data. Subsequently they seem to be cheap on the surface but in reality will drain your wallet.

Yes but MetroPCS is not selling the whole picture. Their 1GB cap is gone fast and after that people are asked to pay money for additional high speed data. Subsequently they seem to be cheap on the surface but in reality will drain your wallet.

Understood but not the point I was trying to make. When those targeted ads came out the first thing that came to mind is that their internal numbers indicated a new found vulnerability to Sprint so they responded.

He's in a Samsung clear market. You're in a Huawei clear market.

Is there a timetable to get rid of the Huawei sites? I know they have to take them down but has there been any progress?

Is there a timetable to get rid of the Huawei sites? I know they have to take them down but has there been any progress?

Some funding has been allocated. Most work will not begin til 2017 it looks like.

Some funding has been allocated. Most work will not begin til 2017 it looks like.

I wonder why so late -_- hope when we get to 2017, they don't push it back another year or so

I wonder why so late -_- hope when we get to 2017, they don't push it back another year or so

Macro sites cost a lot of money. Money is available now, just not too much of it. A couple million here and there.

Macro sites cost a lot of money. Money is available now, just not too much of it. A couple million here and there.

Do you think they will deploy a "good" amount of small cells this year Tim? Also can we expect VoLTE sometime next year?

Do you think they will deploy a "good" amount of small cells this year Tim? Also can we expect VoLTE sometime next year?

Depends on markets conditions. It still seems mobilitie and sprint is testing municipalities acceptance to their small cell deployments. By all means it's appearing to be going well where they've begun and I'm not just talking about Pico cells on light poles etc. Sprint is firing up in building and outdoor Das setups of numerous types too.

No volte time line.

• Like 1