iPhone 6S/6S Plus/6C Rumor Thread

MacinJosh

I'm undecided about switching back to iPhone. I'm really liking the Note 5, but I miss imessage and other iOS things.

3d touch seems cool... No battery improvement and slightly bigger size is a bummer.

And the hate begins...

b9c704ce51dec6dd4c02c0fa7c99eee2.jpg

934fd9d0b9ecb2f19c55d824a5383d1a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Eh, I don't know if I'f call that hate as much as comedy.

The first photo was made 3 years ago and predicted nearly everything that happened today. The only thing that was wrong about it is that it says WWDC instead.

The second photo is just true. You really can't argue with it.

• Like 3

I'm not happy with the pricing. I thought Apple could have said 'hey we understand contracts are going away so we are going to discount the prices by $50 to $100 for full purchase price'. They have done this in the past with their other products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you really think they would do that? Over 70% of their profits come from phones. It's how they got $200 billion in the bank. The last thing they want is declining iPhone prices. Better to offer interest free loans or lease deals to keep prices high which is what they are getting into.

• Like 2

I hate to sound like a rookie, but what do these updates mean on the sprint network?

Biggest thing? 2xCA means the iPhone is caught up with the rest of the android flagships from this year on network connectivity.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Did you really think they would do that? Over 70% of their profits come from phones. It's how they got $200 billion in the bank. The last thing they want is declining iPhone prices. Better to offer interest free loans or lease deals to keep prices high which is what they are getting into.

They have done that with other products.

And I think from their standpoint selling phones outright is way more lucrative then leasing or giving free loans. Both of which come with latent overhead. It's the phone turnover that has made them so much money. Existing users buying the latest version year after year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate to sound like a rookie, but what do these updates mean on the sprint network?

More Sprint customers upgrading to triband iPhone 6 and 6s devices will help the network and business. :)

iPhone 5s and older devices could not access Sprint's deep 2.5GHz band 41 spectrum (and thus enjoy faster speeds and availability while alleviating overall congestion).

• Like 1

This isn't working on mobile. What's it say

What does it say?  Shall I summarize thousands of pages for you?

Wait for the S4GRU article.

Soon™

AJ

• Like 8

Can Verizon aggregate band 13 with anything else? I thought it was LTE release 8.

Sent from my iPhone 6 64GB using Tapatalk

The maple syrup lovers up north says hi. 

• Like 1

I'm also a little disappointed by the Apple TV. I think Apple could have offered some kind of bundled streaming package to include ESPN, HBO, Hulu, and Netflix, all billed through Apple at a reduced rate. I suppose that would have taken some serious negotiations but again Apple has a built in ecosystem of customers to use as a bargaining chip. And why have two storage models? Aren't the games streamed as well? Maybe that was a rumor.

I think the Apple TV is a disruptor, much like the iPhone. The content bundling will come in time -- the current cable/satellite subscription model is broken, and it'll take a while for Apple - or Google/Microsoft/Yahoo/Netflix/Hulu - to untangle.

Apple TV is coming for your living room, and it'll take on casual gaming, music, movies, TV, Netflix and Chill, etc.

• Like 2

I think the Apple TV is a disruptor, much like the iPhone. The content bundling will come in time -- the current cable/satellite subscription model is broken, and it'll take a while for Apple - or Google/Microsoft/Yahoo/Netflix/Hulu - to untangle.

Apple TV is coming for your living room, and it'll take on casual gaming, music, movies, TV, Netflix and Chill, etc.

Completely disagree. I'm sticking to my amazon fire TV and my rokus

Apple TV is coming for your living room, and it'll take on casual gaming, music, movies, TV, Netflix and Chill, etc.

Woah, put the koolaid down. 'Disruptor' isnt the word I'd use for the new Apple TV. Sure, it is a nice device, but Apple didn't really introduce anything that isnt already available today. Apple did a good job in bringing a lot of the features found scattered in the market into one device. Unfortunately, their price is slightly higher than what some aftermarket devices go for. With most newer TV sets coming with their own streaming hardware/software integrated already, I think Apple TV will only make its way into hardcore Apple fans.

As the owner of a current Apple TV, I just don't see myself upgrading to this new set.

• Like 2

Sorry for you Plus size fetishists, but you are going to take an RF performance hit.  The smaller handset this year measures notably better.  More to come...

AJ

• Like 1

Sorry for you Plus size fetishists, but you are going to take an RF performance hit. The smaller handset this year measures notably better. More to come...

AJ

[emoji58]

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Sorry for you Plus size fetishists, but you are going to take an RF performance hit.  The smaller handset this year measures notably better.  More to come...

AJ

That's surprising, especially because the "S" versions are usually tweaked for improved performance.

Really interested to know your take on why this happened. New 7000 series aluminum?

• Like 1

AJ

Hey AJ...  Can you divulge a hint?  Is it due to placement of the antennas internally? Using a completely different antenna from the smaller handset?