iPhone 6S/6S Plus/6C Rumor Thread

MacinJosh

I'm in the same situation but one year in on a two year contract on an Unlimited My Way Family Plan with 5 lines... I have a 128GB iPhone 6. What are my upgrade options?

Sprint seemed to indicate on the My Account page that I qualified for a lease upgrade for a new device. However, what's the Loyalty Credit amount, and does this make sense to do? Would appreciate thoughts. Thanks!

See this post from another thread: 

IPhone Forever http://goo.gl/U2JEBa is the new iPhone every year at $15 per month ($5 after $10 credit) with trade in.

IPhone for Life http://goo.gl/YD0j0T is just the regular 24 month lease. That one is $20 ($5 after the $15 loyalty credit), and does not require a trade in.

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I wonder what they will do for existing customers who paid up for the 20GB space.

It will be an automatic upgrade, since 20gb won't be offered anymore. At the most, you'll have to manually switch the package in settings

Sent from my iPhone 6+

It will be an automatic upgrade, since 20gb won't be offered anymore. At the most, you'll have to manually switch the package in settings

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Ok that works for me, thanks.

Hmmm. The apple leasing is something that's cool. But I have a upgrade on a two year contract that in a year into and supposedly my contract will break once I upgrade using easy pay so I'll take that route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn't taking the money maker away from the carriers pressure? Sprint, Tmo, ATT and Verizon all love whatever the leasing/installment plan. Apple taking that from them is very interesting.

Installments are not the money maker, because the phones don't make the carriers money. It makes customer more sticky to their money maker, which is the service. That is what Apple is taking away from the carriers and it is a pretty big deal in my opinion.

One Phone. All carriers.

GSM 850/1900

WCDMA Band 2/4/5

CDMA Band Class: 0/1/10/15

LTE Bands: 2/4/5/7/12/13/17/25/26/27/30/41

2xCA compatible. 

I skipped the whole fact that this is CCA/RRPP compliant now. Great.

• Like 1

This has been the least exciting iPhone announcement since I got hooked on iPhones some years ago. I'm happy that it has TD-LTE CA now, and band 12, and 2 gigs of RAM. No battery life improvements, or much else really. Very incremental. I'm definitely waiting for the 7. Also I see AT&T has its own version this year. I wonder if the SIM free unlocked model will be that one this year like last years was the Sprint version because of TD-LTE.

• Like 1

This has been the least exciting iPhone announcement since I got hooked on iPhones some years ago. I'm happy that it has TD-LTE CA now, and band 12, and 2 gigs of RAM. No battery life improvements, or much else really. Very incremental. I'm definitely waiting for the 7. Also I see AT&T has its own version this year. I wonder if the SIM free unlocked model will be that one this year like last years was the Sprint version because of TD-LTE.

I disagree. I think this is the most powerful S edition to date.

-Force touch will change phone gaming

-2GB of RAM is finally here with A9 processor

-12MP camera

This all beats the 5 to 5s handily. 

• Like 7

How long until this phone hits the FCC OET? I'm curious about RF numbers.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

You think I pulled out the supported frequencies and lte carrier aggregation combos out of thin air?

We found it the instant it was open to public. =)

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 2

I had meetings during the actual event so I had to read all the recaps.

I'm happy with the improvements. Especially the bands and CA. New 3d touch and camera upgrades are nice.

I'm not happy with the pricing. I thought Apple could have said 'hey we understand contracts are going away so we are going to discount the prices by $50 to $100 for full purchase price'. They have done this in the past with their other products.

Also not happy with no distinct battery improvement.

I'm also a little disappointed by the Apple TV. I think Apple could have offered some kind of bundled streaming package to include ESPN, HBO, Hulu, and Netflix, all billed through Apple at a reduced rate. I suppose that would have taken some serious negotiations but again Apple has a built in ecosystem of customers to use as a bargaining chip. And why have two storage models? Aren't the games streamed as well? Maybe that was a rumor.

iPad Pro...meh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You think I pulled out the supported frequencies and lte carrier aggregation combos out of thin air?

We found it the instant it was open to public. =)

Sent from my Nexus 5

So, I'm assuming the fine staff here are scrambling to write the official article as we speak?

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Me too. Where is Josh when you need him.

We laid off Josh.  S4GRU outsourced his job to India.  Now, Sanjay will be performing those duties.  But Sanjay also will go by the name "Josh" to make you feel more comfortable.

AJ

• Like 11

You could have pulled them out of another three letter word that begins with "A."

:P

AJ

• Like 2

More interband via testing pages:

12/13/17+2

4/5+2

5+4

7+4

30+12

All the presumed US LTE 2xCA pairs given not all were required to be fully tested (particularly B4).

2+2/4/5/12/13/17/29
4+2/4/5/7/12/13/17/29
5+2/4
7+4/7
12+2/4/30
13+2/4
17+2/4
25+25
30+12
41+41
  • Like 2

All the presumed US LTE 2xCA pairs given not all were required to be fully tested (particularly B4).

2+2/4/5/12/13/17/29

4+2/4/5/7/12/13/17/29

5+2/4

7+4/7

12+2/4/30

13+2/4

17+2/4

25+25

30+12

41+41

Can Verizon aggregate band 13 with anything else? I thought it was LTE release 8.

Sent from my iPhone 6 64GB using Tapatalk