Car Phone Mount

SeanK_

I need some recommendations for a phone mount for the car? Anyone have any good luck with a certain one?

I currently use the LG G3. I also wouldn't mind adjustable ones either, just in case my mother wants to steal mine from time to time.

This is the newer version of what I use (I have the original xProDock)....I've been very pleased with it, and it will adjust to fit all normal to larger sized phones (the smaller ones like the 'Mini' Galaxy S phones might still work with a large enough case as well):

https://ibolt.co/car-docks/smartphone-mounts/android/xprodock2-connect-kit-car-docks-phone-mounts-holders

They have a companion app for it, but I use the Ultimate Car Dock app instead.

• Like 2

I use it with my nexus 6 and flex 2 and use the NFC with vending machine everyday with no problem. 

Have you tried reusing the same adapter on another device?

This is the newer version of what I use (I have the original xProDock)....I've been very pleased with it, and it will adjust to fit all normal to larger sized phones (the smaller ones like the 'Mini' Galaxy S phones might still work with a large enough case as well):

https://ibolt.co/car-docks/smartphone-mounts/android/xprodock2-connect-kit-car-docks-phone-mounts-holders

They have a companion app for it, but I use the Ultimate Car Dock app instead.

Seems pretty cool! Some of those features I already have in my car.

Have you tried reusing the same adapter on another device?

It comes with two metal squares but I have reused the squares before I to use tape as adhesive wore out. 

I own two of these mounts from Arkon. One for the car, and one for my work truck. It holds very well, and is very easy to adjust. Plus, it holds from the side, so charging/using an audio cable isn't a problem. The one at work gets taken off and re-applied every day, and it's still as sticky as when I bought it. I've been through about 5 different mounts before I found one I liked. I highly recommend it

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I58VAZS/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_R.pNvbC4HH8YT

Sent from my iPhone 6

Be careful with these.  In some states, it is illegal to have any object besides a rear view mirror attached to your windshield.

- Trip

That's the first I'd heard of this - is there a list of states where this is the case that you or someone else can provide?

That's the first I'd heard of this - is there a list of states where this is the case that you or someone else can provide?

I know if police scanner in Virginia they aren't allowed, but I haven't heard of this. But in my case, I don't travel long distance with my car. But if that was a case in a certain state and your out of state, you really shouldn't be ticketed because you aren't from that state. If I was ticket, I would fight it.

If your CD player is up high near the the dashboard then try the Mountek nGroove. You can find it on Amazon. It takes up the CD slot but who listens to cds anymore lol. I have used it for 3 years and it's the best one I've ever used.

• Like 1

I use a magnetic mount, has been the only one I have used for the last few years. I use a mettle plate provide under back cover, and/or under my case. I have a fairly thin case so it works well. Not sure how well it works if you have a really thick case. 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008IOQ3K6?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

If your CD player is up high near the the dashboard then try the Mountek nGroove. You can find it on Amazon. It takes up the CD slot but who listens to cds anymore lol. I have used it for 3 years and it's the best one I've ever used.

I can vouch for the Mountek as well. It's great and holds strong.

• Like 1

+1

Sent from Tapatalk on either my HTC One M9 or Tab4 10.1, it kinda depends

Funny, I recently posted in another forum about this. I use this. The I.TEk Universal Phone Mount

41pLiP8GFIL._SX466_.jpg

It is heavy and thus does not slide across the dashboard.

It holds my Galaxy Note Edge with a case very well in landscaped. It also holds my 6.3" Mega without a case too.

The upper lid acts like a shade to reduce glare but one can place a index card if need be to really have a shade.

It has a silicone pad on the bottom to really grip on to the dashboard (but I didn't take the tape off of it so I can move it around)

The bottom portion of the unit is like a bean bag and really doesn't move even on these potholed streets of NYC.

When not placing a phone or gps unit in it, it is small and streamlined enough to look like it is part of your vehicle i you leave it on the dashboard.

Another good one is the Celgo gooseneck that is long and flexible enough to curve to the contour of your dash.

TS

Celgo Phone Mount.jpg

• Like 1

I know if police scanner in Virginia they aren't allowed, but I haven't heard of this. But in my case, I don't travel long distance with my car. But if that was a case in a certain state and your out of state, you really shouldn't be ticketed because you aren't from that state. If I was ticket, I would fight it.

Most law enforcement would probably issue a warning if you have out of state registration. However that doesn't mean you won't be pulled over while they fish for something else.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

I have an iOttie that I got from Amazon for $15, mounted on my windshield near the inspection sticker, and it works perfectly for me. I use it with my iPhone 6 and HTC One M9.

http://www.amazon.com/iOttie-Holder-Samsung--Retail-Packaging/dp/B00JUXPHWE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1436836540&sr=8-1&keywords=iOttie+Easy+View&pebp=1436836545548&perid=0XAGTRYR3RMC1RWPKPT2

• 2 weeks later...

Proclip is the best, because it is made for the exact vehicle you are installing it in.

http://www.proclipusa.com

Pay a little up front and get one that mounts perfectly for your application, and has an exact holder for your device. 

I completely recommend these two mounts, depending on how permanent you want it to be. I have tried many permanent and temporary mounts, and none performed anywhere near as well as these two. I use them both daily. I hate borrowing my wife's car because she doesn't have anything.. and I can't see SignalCheck or Waze from the cup holder!! :)

I have a ProClip in my Jeep and absolutely love it. Everyone who hops in the car asks about it. I got an adjustable holder so I don't have to change that part out each time I switch phones or get a case that is a different size. If I get a different car, I'll just have to order a new mounting bracket.

The nGroove (there are a few versions) is awesome if you don't need something permanent. You can pop it in and out of your CD slot in 10 seconds. It has a small thumb screw that you use to snug it into the CD player. I use mine every day in my work truck. Apparently it doesn't impact playing CDs while it's inserted either, if you're still into that sort of thing.

-Mike

• Like 1