To keep or upgrade your cell phone ... That is the question.

Jeff68005

To update or not to update  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Are you eligible for an upgrade to your cell phone?

• No
    • Yes with a 12 month upgrade credit.
    • Yes with a 24 month upgrade credit
    • Yes, but with a lease plan for the upgrade phone
    • Only if I pay for it myself
  2. 2. Are you going to keep your current phone for now?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure .... thinking about changing cell phones
  3. 3. Is your current phone

• Basic phone ,,, no smart phone fee for it's use
    • Smart phone .... You pay a fee for the extra data required to be functional.
    • Other

The questions asked boil down to are you going to keep your current phone or change phones?

Why?

For myself, I was content with my Katana basic phone (old reliable) which I still have.  It operates when smart phones are SOL for whatever reason.  Anywhere in the midwest USA, I could make it function one way or another.

I was content with my Motorola Photon Q.  It seldom let me down as long as I was in Sprint service areas.  IF 4G LTE was not present, I could get 3G service.

I have just upgraded to a HTC One m9.  For me, the jury is still out if that was a good choice despite the good deal.

I upgrade to note 4 from the note 2 and love it. i made great choice , it does everything i want and then some. I know every phone not perfect but my opinion rf should be top on list. I did keep my note 2 for 2.5 years too.

If you don't have a device capable of using all three bands of Sprint LTE, I think the decision to upgrade should be a no-brainer.

I'm usually a yearly upgrader with the iPhone, but the iPhone 6 may be the first phone in a long time that I stick with for a full 2 years -- the camera is awesome, the size is perfect, it's (finally) a tri-band device...

... But I'll probably sell the iPhone 6 and buy the iPhone 6S anyway. :)

• Like 8

I buy more phones than I need, and have both Sprint and T-Mobile service. S4GRU, I have a problem.

Admit that you cannot control your phone addiction.  We hold meetings twice daily in The Lounge.  I can be your sponsor if you need one.

AJ

• Like 4

Thanks for the support AJ.  ;)

Just to clarify on the twice daily meetings, the 12pm meeting is for phone addiction, the 7pm meeting for fried chicken addiction.

AJ

• Like 8

Conisdering I went from an iPhone 4s in July of 2013 to an iPhone 5, then to a 5s in January of 2014, and then had to give an arm and a leg to convince my Dad over the span of 6 months to let me get a 6 Plus in March of 2015 (I really wanted it soley because it has better battery life and it is a triband device), of which he paid 850 bucks plus AppleCare, I'm gonna stick with this one for a while. ;)

-Anthony

I am due for an upgrade but nothing has peaked my interest yet. I am waiting to see which phones come out with 2x CA in the fall

Same here, been eligible for an upgrade since Nov 2014, been bombarded with emails to  upgrade to Samsung S6 , LG G3 or Aquous Crystal, during the weekend got a letter letting me now that I can add more lines but I need more Android Stock options. 

Staying with my Moto X until it dies or just buy a new moto again lol to replace it.

• Like 1

Same here, been eligible for an upgrade since Nov 2014, been bombarded with emails to  upgrade to Samsung S6 , LG G3 or Aquous Crystal, during the weekend got a letter letting me now that I can add more lines but I need more Android Stock options. 

Staying with my Moto X until it dies or just buy a new moto again lol to replace it.

Hell, I'm looking for a phone that's got a 3K+ MAh battery and smaller than 5.2" screen.  Phones only seem to be getting thinner and screen bigger.  If Sprint released a device that's a Verizon Droid Turbo alternative, I'd get it in a heartbeat.  Sprint doesn't seem to like getting exclusive devices anymore (ie: Moto Photon, etc.), so I don't see that happening.  The next Nexus may be the best bet but Google always seems to change something for the worse!  

• Like 1

Keep the same battery capacity, too and I'm sold.

That too.  Also with 3x CA and ability to do VoLTE.  Also, with LTE band 12. 

Oh, also QHD display and a pretty descent camera (on front and back).

:-)

That too.  Also with 3x CA and ability to do VoLTE.  Also, with LTE band 12. 

Oh, also QHD display and a pretty descent camera (on front and back).

:-)

I'm pretty sure it'll have B12 capabilities, as it will also run on Project Fi, which uses T-Mobile/Sprint's network.  I also think it'll have a QHD display as well.  Everything else, however, will be a mystery. 

We prefer to buy our devices outright, keeping our monthly bill as low as possible.  Being on a 9 person Framily and buying devices sure makes that monthly bill look good.

I get great service with my G3.  Personally, we've reached a point of diminishing returns regarding new phones.

After owning my first Nexus device (9), I'll purchase a new Nexus (if they make another this year).  I must modify my phone to my needs and frankly the Nexus is by far and away the easiest to deal with in this regard.

I'm probably not going to get the 6S Plus until the first of the year. I'll wait until all the buggy batches are sold off first.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I stuck with the Optimus G for a long time until I got the G2 late last year. Each was purchased used for ~$150. I can't see myself spending any more than that on a phone for the foreseeable future. Maybe if there's a good Nexus or Moto X later this year I'll buy it in winter 2016 or something. But so far this year's phones seem pretty comparable to the G2 still.

I am due for an upgrade but nothing has peaked my interest yet. I am waiting to see which phones come out with 2x CA in the fall

Will the Note 5 have 2x CA?

Will the Note 5 have 2x CA?

Most likely.  Also likely is that the very next device to be released will include 3x CA.   :lol:

• Like 1

Most likely.  Also likely is that the very next device to be released will include 3x CA.   :lol:

I'm due for an upgrade in October. 3x CA would be very pleasing to have.

• Like 2