T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion V2

lilotimz

I push terabytes of upload via cellular. For 15-20 bucks a line I can cover several locations and a car or two with cat-12 goodness for 120 a month. Each use case is different and pricing plans vary so much but ya can't knock people for getting online the best way they can fren [emoji2369] 
Terabytes of upload via cellular? Sheesh don't let Mr. Shepherd get wind of that!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
T-Mobile is delaying their 5G launch until the second half of this year because phones with the X50 modem don't support 600MHz 5G, only mmWave and some sub-6GHz bands.
https://www.theverge.com/2019/2/25/18239670/tmobile-5g-launch-delay-second-half-2019
I'm not concerned about 5th generation coverage. For 1 all I care is that my phone has a consistent usable connection. I don't care about millimeter this millimeter that speed this speed that. The only thing I care about is it consistent reliable connection where I live and work and play the most. Speed is meaningless to me to an extent. All I care about is being able to do the stuff I do on my phone with a reasonable time frame.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, danlodish345 said:

I'm not concerned about 5th generation coverage. For 1 all I care is that my phone has a consistent usable connection. I don't care about millimeter this millimeter that speed this speed that. The only thing I care about is it consistent reliable connection where I live and work and play the most. Speed is meaningless to me to an extent. All I care about is being able to do the stuff I do on my phone with a reasonable time frame.

While T-Mobile could have awesome mmWave 5G in Ohio, the  more important 5G story is the 600MHz nationwide.  It is believed they have been saving half of it for 5G, which should basically double speeds at the edge.  Even more if they CA it with 4G.  So rather than a few people in the heart of major city downtowns benefiting, those inside buildings and at the edge of service should benefit the most.

• Like 1

While T-Mobile could have awesome mmWave 5G in Ohio, the  more important 5G story is the 600MHz nationwide.  It is believed they have been saving half of it for 5G, which should basically double speeds at the edge.  Even more if they CA it with 4G.  So rather than a few people in the heart of major city downtowns benefiting, those inside buildings and at the edge of service should benefit the most.
I don't disagree with you. I totally agree with you 600 megahertz plays a very key role with T-Mobile's 5th generation Network. I've seen many documentation of where the millimeter wave petered out very early and with little trivial things like rain and leaves. So yes I do agree with you once again that 600 megahertz is mission critical for the future for T-Mobile.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

58 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

Hey DanLodish345. I had the same thing come up the other day on my embedded router.
Check out those earfcns'  You are seeing some sweet MFBI fren. 66736 is the band mask translation for 2140MHz,  2250 refers to the same block, 2140MHz just when detected as Band 4 by your handset, that indicates blocks D(5MHz) + E(5MHz) for 10MHz FDD. It just kicked on here, hopefully AWS-3 capacity is coming.
7grd.png
7gr3.png

The best part, I was roaming on Sprint :D Top is L66, bottom is band(s) L4+5+2 aggregated. It was the first I had seen of it as well. See how the math is exactly the same as yours?

We scored band 2 installations EOY 17,  5MHz is LTE on rural sites, city builds at 10MHz started appearing last summer so the rest should turn over soon, our whole market was modernized over the last year. Those speeds are really fast! Have a great day.

On 3/16/2019 at 3:34 AM, danlodish345 said:

The first one is a band 4 speed test the other one is band 66 speed test as noted by the engineering menus32eb373cb7e7b70e4dcf323f438e18d4.jpgc6afe8e1247b481dbce24236814ba3c3.jpg6566b0e4c70c27617ca73cf7bfda3ccd.jpgfdc0b39f52a4aed3c5fab8833829cc73.jpg

I wish Sprint had uploads that fast. A man can dream. 

I have heard from sources of mixed reliability that T-Mobile will be adding a lot 600Mhz sites in the coming weeks  They currently have one site near the lake on the east side.

https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2019/3/21/18275640/tmobile-lte-wireless-home-internet-service-pilot-launch?fbclid=IwAR0rWAYcNAdkxiv9COGdbwV5Ts_Simm1hBXLPThgFmW3-NPa9NGpBlSKL1E

T-Mobile is starting to pilot a wireless home internet service, offering unlimited LTE data to the home for $50 per month. At launch, the service has extremely limited availability. T-Mobile says it plans to reach just 50,000 homes by the end of the year, primarily in rural markets and markets with limited internet options.

Flashback to when John and his corpo fanbois were all telling us not to use a terabyte of data, that network capacity was somehow socialized to make us feelsbandman.jpg? Well we're still using terabytes, and now he sees it as viable because merger. Funny huh? 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

On 3/16/2019 at 4:34 AM, danlodish345 said:

The first one is a band 4 speed test the other one is band 66 speed test as noted by the engineering menus

B66 using the new AWS3 will need to be in CA. There are only 4 AWS3 blocks. Where they do own AWS3, it is mostly just 5x5 worth.

14 hours ago, dkyeager said:

I have heard from sources of mixed reliability that T-Mobile will be adding a lot 600Mhz sites in the coming weeks  They currently have one site near the lake on the east side.

They are constantly adding 600 MHz, though primarily in rural areas right now.  In most of the urban areas, it is dependent on the repack; Los Angeles/San Diego, Denver, Miami, Kansas City, and Houston should be cleared out within the next few weeks, even though T-Mobile has managed to squeeze some 5x5 deployments into some of those areas.

- Trip

I wish Sprint had uploads that fast. A man can dream. 

Well if you have Sprint 15x15 L1900 like we do here in Portland then you can have uploads that fast.. and yes the screenshot shows me currently on wifi but look at the external IP of the test and you will see it was Sprint.

14ad3ee446a20b0a774d809f9fa69cff.jpg

• Like 2

13 hours ago, superbluepsd said:

Well if you have Sprint 15x15 L1900 like we do here in Portland then you can have uploads that fast.. and yes the screenshot shows me currently on wifi but look at the external IP of the test and you will see it was Sprint.

14ad3ee446a20b0a774d809f9fa69cff.jpg

What?! I've never seen Sprint uploads over 20Mbps.