Claure or Legere?

DesignGuy

Fierce has a poll posted... and is utilizing a bracket style contest to find out who their readers think is the most powerful person in the telecom industry. Between Marcelo and the pink clad Chihuahua of a man... I give it to Marcelo. I think the final winner should be Masa, it's is a name people know and will get to know more in the coming years worldwide. But for the current poll, it's an easy decision for me!  

http://www.fiercewireless.com/wireless/vote-now-to-decide-who-most-powerful-person-u-s-telecom-industry

But Marcelo lost in the 1st round

The TMO minions came out in force... to be honest, I think his numbers went crazy too quick for those to be from unique IPs. And he's trumping  Larry Page by leaps and bounds already. I can't stand Legere. You should vote for Larry. Vote early, vote often!

http://www.fiercewireless.com/wireless/john-legere-vs-larry-page-vote-for-most-powerful-person-u-s-telecom-industry

• 3 months later...

Legere is nothing but LOUD... Quite frankly I am now tired of his act.... I fell for it and jumped ship to them back last Jan...  For all his blah blah blah... quite frankly their network is worse off then Sprints.... I get it depends on where etc etc....

Just went on a trip/cruise.... Long beach area...SUCKED...  Catalina SUCKED.. I mean it was sooo bad I could barely get tweets out to vent my frustration....   The map "claimed this and that"  but really should be as light of pink as possible...

Its nice and dandy they get the custys... but it is sooooo full, the capacity cant sustain it anymore.. and soon, they will go backwards

• 2 weeks later...

Legere is nothing but LOUD... Quite frankly I am now tired of his act.... I fell for it and jumped ship to them back last Jan... For all his blah blah blah... quite frankly their network is worse off then Sprints.... I get it depends on where etc etc....

Just went on a trip/cruise.... Long beach area...SUCKED... Catalina SUCKED.. I mean it was sooo bad I could barely get tweets out to vent my frustration.... The map "claimed this and that" but really should be as light of pink as possible...

Its nice and dandy they get the custys... but it is sooooo full, the capacity cant sustain it anymore.. and soon, they will go backwards

The thing is Legere is polarizing and it is working. Say what you want about him but there is no denying that its working. Of course Legere cant take all the credit. He has a wonderful management team in Mike Sievert and Neville Ray that execute and carry out his plans. Still the boldness and the way he has changed the US wireless industry is amazing. He has turned the Tmobile brand to be "cool" and has in many cases kept the network on par with the big 2.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I use to like Claure, but not so much nowadays with the lack of network spending. Although to be fair, I can't entirely blame him for that, as much of the reason is on Softbank. I blame Masa more than anything, as Sprint could be thriving by now, if only he'd at least spend on deployment while waiting on the merger attempt before deciding on densification.

Legere I still don't like, regardless of my being happy with T-Mobile, as the Executive Response people are great for everything, other than placing device pre-orders. The last few times I left T-Mobile were solely due to screwups pre-ordering smartphones through Executive Response, and I've learned its better to go with an unlocked device anyways.

• Like 1