T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion V2

lilotimz

8 hours ago, Carrilloevo said:

Remember that you got 14 days I believe to go back

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

That was when I was with Verizon.  Im good with tmobile.  I was able to get Verizon to take back my phone at no charge due to marginal service at my home.  

• Like 1

should covage still work i was having dead spot of nothink loading right smack beteween  2 tower 

Well if you’re in between to cell sites you will obviously have coverage issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, danlodish345 said:

Well if you’re in between to cell sites you will obviously have coverage issues

not fare  i herd people say the provider all do it to save mony instead of put them a tad closer togetter  scare of how bad it would get with 5g  

• 2 weeks later...

Dramatic uptick in AT&T small cell permits has been noted in Columbus and Sacramento over the last few months, so Denver find is not surprising.

On 7/13/2019 at 11:19 PM, mattp said:

not fare  i herd people say the provider all do it to save mony instead of put them a tad closer togetter  scare of how bad it would get with 5g  

5g is still in the early phases of deployment and testing . I honestly don’t care about 5g one bit..

• Like 1

Anyone knows what is this? Microcell maybe? 5a920c6faf3d6e4653b9ac1db0f3919b.jpgd9c8ac1f75551be262ae6eba0418513d.jpg01339234b6b96c0e2b4f45b9d39b9edc.jpg

Strand mount small cells of the tmobile flavor. Supports LAA or LTE-U

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Dramatic uptick in AT&T small cell permits has been noted in Columbus and Sacramento over the last few months, so Denver find is not surprising.

Are they doing it to their network across the grid? Or only in certain locations?

11 hours ago, Carrilloevo said:

11th Ave between pearl and Washington St

You're lucky. Houston is getting monstrosities that look like this. They're popping up in the most random locations (in front of people's yards, businesses, schools). They're not even trying to be discreet by using better stealth set-ups.

A few people are mad that they're showing up in historic neighborhoods. In some cases, they're putting two of these right next to each other; one facing one side of the street and the other facing the opposite. Heck, I've even seen a T-Mobile small cell get co-located with an At&t small cell!

It's nice that T-Mobile is moving very quick in deploying these small cells. But at some point, they're going to piss off the wrong old lady that loves to show up to City council meetings 😂.

UXR5tlV_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Edited by greenbastard
Typo
  • Like 1

On 7/24/2019 at 9:05 PM, greenbastard said:

You're lucky. Houston is getting monstrosities that look like this. They're popping up in the most random locations (in front of people's yards, businesses, schools). They're not even trying to be discreet by using better stealth set-ups.

A few people are mad that they're showing up in historic neighborhoods. In some cases, they're putting two of these right next to each other; one facing one side of the street and the other facing the opposite. Heck, I've even seen a T-Mobile small cell get co-located with an At&t small cell!

It's nice that T-Mobile is moving very quick in deploying these small cells. But at some point, they're going to piss off the wrong old lady that loves to show up to City council meetings 😂.

UXR5tlV_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

https://www.kansas.com/news/politics-government/article233107845.html

They are already suing a city council right now, lol

On 7/24/2019 at 8:09 AM, Carrilloevo said:

11th Ave between pearl and Washington St

I'm at this site.  Either it's not live or it's not t mobile.  It is a crown castle site. 

So was wondering if anyone can explain why sometimes when I'm on a call it says 4glte, most of the time it says 4g. What is the difference and is one way better than the other? I know hspa or wCDMA but what is better? 

So was wondering if anyone can explain why sometimes when I'm on a call it says 4glte, most of the time it says 4g. What is the difference and is one way better than the other? I know hspa or wCDMA but what is better? 
4G LTE is 4th generation long term evolution which is the next step up from 3-g. 3-g or 3rd generation services. HSPA is just a faster form of 3-g. T-Mobile uses 42 megabytes a second maximum dual carrier 3-g services. And HSPA is better. Wcdma is a slower but more widely deployed form of 3-g.

Sent from my Phone 2 using Tapatalk

How does the current plans compare with the old and legacy plans? And this goes for 2 and 4 lines

I had tmobile maybe about 10-15 years ago but i didnt really pay attention to their plans since.

Is it worth $140 for 2 lines on the magenta plus? Dont really care about the extras such as hotspot, netflix, free stuff, etc.

But i do care about HD streaming quality and deprioritization

Im particularly asking people who have or had the older plans in tmobile. Or anyone who knows about the old plans

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, danlodish345 said:

4G LTE is 4th generation long term evolution which is the next step up from 3-g. 3-g or 3rd generation services. HSPA is just a faster form of 3-g. T-Mobile uses 42 megabytes a second maximum dual carrier 3-g services. And HSPA is better. Wcdma is a slower but more widely deployed form of 3-g.

Sent from my Phone 2 using Tapatalk

So 4glte is better for volte? Or we talking not much difference? 

So 4glte is better for volte? Or we talking not much difference? 
4G LTE is a different technological standard then 3-g. And vo LTE is the technological standard for making phone calls on an LTE network. So when you have LTE service you make phone calls on LTE. So if you live in an area where TMobile works very well your voice over LTE experience should be pretty darn good. Now if you live in an area where TMobile service isn't great then you would experience a lot of dropped calls. It really depends on where you live and how T-Mobile's network is over there.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The main difference is the call itself... one is (4G LTE) is done in a typical wireless call fashion.... VoLTE is a voice-call over the data side of the network... The "experts" on this forum can pick this up and explain further.    Basically VoLTE allows a more efficient use of the network because the call is treated like a packet of data...    

• Like 2