T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion V2

lilotimz

They are constantly adding 600 MHz, though primarily in rural areas right now.  In most of the urban areas, it is dependent on the repack; Los Angeles/San Diego, Denver, Miami, Kansas City, and Houston should be cleared out within the next few weeks, even though T-Mobile has managed to squeeze some 5x5 deployments into some of those areas.
- Trip
Well 600 MHz deployment is happening quickly...for now it's just testing...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

B66 using the new AWS3 will need to be in CA. There are only 4 AWS3 blocks. Where they do own AWS3, it is mostly just 5x5 worth.
They are doing 3 carrier aggregation here...

Hey DanLodish345. I had the same thing come up the other day on my embedded router.
Check out those earfcns'  You are seeing some sweet MFBI fren. 66736 is the band mask translation for 2140MHz,  2250 refers to the same block, 2140MHz just when detected as Band 4 by your handset, that indicates blocks D(5MHz) + E(5MHz) for 10MHz FDD. It just kicked on here, hopefully AWS-3 capacity is coming.
7grd.png
7gr3.png

The best part, I was roaming on Sprint [emoji3] Top is L66, bottom is band(s) L4+5+2 aggregated. It was the first I had seen of it as well. See how the math is exactly the same as yours?

We scored band 2 installations EOY 17,  5MHz is LTE on rural sites, city builds at 10MHz started appearing last summer so the rest should turn over soon, our whole market was modernized over the last year. Those speeds are really fast! Have a great day.

Where did you get that router from?

On 3/22/2019 at 7:29 AM, Trip said:

They are constantly adding 600 MHz, though primarily in rural areas right now.  In most of the urban areas, it is dependent on the repack; Los Angeles/San Diego, Denver, Miami, Kansas City, and Houston should be cleared out within the next few weeks, even though T-Mobile has managed to squeeze some 5x5 deployments into some of those areas.

- Trip

My bad.  It should have read:

I have heard from sources of mixed reliability that T-Mobile will be adding a lot 600Mhz sites in Cleveland over the coming weeks  They currently have one site near the lake on the east side.

• Like 1

At midnight everybody it's fast, the cell towers are not congested compare to the day

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Ok i will test on Monday during rush hour. Speeds will generally be just as fast.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Ok i will test on Monday during rush hour. Speeds will generally be just as fast.

Here is one at prime use time on Sunday evening. I don't want to hijack this thread with Sprint anymore than i already have so I'd be happy to carry on this conversation in the appropriate Sprint thread. Screenshot_20190324-185541_Speedtest.jpeg

• Like 1

L600 in Myrtle @ Hwy's 31/501 I thought them some big antennas, scpro grabbed it as usual.

7mwa.png
7mwb.png
7myn.png
Oh man this dual low band goodness is amazing. 20MHz FDD below 1GHz between l850 and l600.
This was pretty good to actuallyf527a8660955e077cbb18b852ad7df80.jpg

On 3/31/2019 at 9:21 AM, belusnecropolis said:

L600 in Myrtle @ Hwy's 31/501 I thought them some big antennas, scpro grabbed it as usual.

7mwa.png

7mwb.png

7myn.png

Oh man this dual low band goodness is amazing. 20MHz FDD below 1GHz between l850 and l600.

It's not contiguous 20x20 600MHz?

Are you on aggregated L600 here? I don't see how this applies in your response.
Hmm where I was it was in the FIT phase but where I live it is being rolled out...and aggregated

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Maverick said:

Fake! 🤔:hmm:

He put his T-Mobile SIM into a VZW S10 5G  a few days ago and it refused to authenticate but apparently it did yesterday. He even posted a live speed test.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, bigsnake49 said:

How far away from the site? Across the street?

It seems like it. He went into a bit more detail and said that in the area he was in, they've been deploying on all of their mmWave sites on their macro sites. As a result, site spacing is about every two blocks. With clear line of site and being the only person on the network he was able to max out their 80MHz of mmWave spectrum. However, if PCMag's test of Verizon's network proves anything, it's that anything blocking your line of sight will make your signal drop, including leaves on a tree.