T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion V2

lilotimz

Dan... those are great speeds.   I can only wish to achieve these with S.      You used to say T Mobile didn't cover your area very well and the speeds were poor.    Did your service recently improve?   

Dan... those are great speeds.   I can only wish to achieve these with S.      You used to say T Mobile didn't cover your area very well and the speeds were poor.    Did your service recently improve?   
T-Mobile's LTE service here in terms of consistency and actual coverage has dramatically improved yes. But also keep in mind this was at like three 4 in the morning.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Just now, danlodish345 said:

T-Mobile's LTE service here in terms of consistency and actual coverage has dramatically improved yes. But also keep in mind this was at like three 4 in the morning.

Any improvement is great!!     Glad for you!    Maybe as they clear more 600 mHz and deploy more 700 mHz and such, the other small town areas around you will improve as well!    Great to hear good news!  

Any improvement is great!!     Glad for you!    Maybe as they clear more 600 mHz and deploy more 700 mHz and such, the other small town areas around you will improve as well!    Great to hear good news!  
Well I can definitely tell you that they need to deploy more cell sites near the center of town near the municipal building. But 700 megahertz here is fully built out. Now 600 megahertz coming online hopefully in the next eight weeks we just improve overall capacity. I have a band 71 capable phone so I will definitely report back the results.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, danlodish345 said:

Well I can definitely tell you that they need to deploy more cell sites near the center of town near the municipal building. But 700 megahertz here is fully built out. Now 600 megahertz coming online hopefully in the next eight weeks we just improve overall capacity. I have a band 71 capable phone so I will definitely report back the results.

I have heard that equipment shortages are what is holding 600MHz back.

I have heard that equipment shortages are what is holding 600MHz back.
I wouldn't disagree with you at all. Obviously the equipment has to be manufactured and shipped. And we all know that cost a lot of money obviously. But also even though I'm a T-Mobile customer I can definitely say that the CEO runs his mouth a little too much. And the only thing I have to say when it comes to this 600 megahertz rollout is I'll believe it when I see it. But yes equipment shortages can do things like this. But I do agree with you.

• Like 1

Maybe can be used in downtowns, malls, stadiums. I am more interested in CBRS, "C" band and 6GHz band. 
To me using the gigahertz bands for deployment I find it kind of ridiculous because you have to obviously build-out a Crazy Dense network.. but then again if that's what is available then so be it.

• Like 1

I was thinking the same thing.   There is a hard enough time to try to get 2.5 G (Sprint's band 41) to penetrate builds. (it doesn't).   How is 28G going to do it?    You'd need a small cell/ repeater every 1/2 or 1/4 mile or possible every so many feet?     How does this work?   

1 hour ago, dro1984 said:

There is a hard enough time to try to get 2.5 G (Sprint's band 41) to penetrate builds. (it doesn't).   How is 28G going to do it?    You'd need a small cell/ repeater every 1/2 or 1/4 mile or possible every so many feet?     How does this work?   

The statement that 2.5 does not penetrate buildings is untrue. I can get 100Mbps inside my home on 2.5 CA with 64QAM and 2x2 MIMO.  Now definitely lower frequencies are best at building penetration.

I am wary of starting from the premise that 2.5 does not penetrate buildings and applying it to mmWave.  Some of the things learned from 2.5 should help with mmWave.  Massive MIMO would be first on my list.  Picking the best reflected signal should help.  They will also need overlapping sites. A big difference will be the carrier size.  We will be going from today's 20Mhz to 100MHz for 2.5 5G NR and 400MHz for 28GHz 5G NR.

The biggest question is how far can the phone transmit.  Perhaps mmWave should be paired with a lower frequency like AWS for that reason, but it might already be too late for that decision.  

Today's small cells will likely have mmWave added plus they will need more.  mmWave makes the most sense for dense areas.  It could also be used to keep people who are close to cell sites from hogging a larger share of low frequency bandwidth to the detriment of those further out.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, dkyeager said:

The statement that 2.5 does not penetrate buildings is untrue. I can get 100Mbps inside my home on 2.5 CA with 64QAM and 2x2 MIMO.  Now definitely lower frequencies are best at building penetration.

I am wary of starting from the premise that 2.5 does not penetrate buildings and applying it to mmWave.  Some of the things learned from 2.5 should help with mmWave.  Massive MIMO would be first on my list.  Picking the best reflected signal should help.  They will also need overlapping sites. A big difference will be the carrier size.  We will be going from today's 20Mhz to 100MHz for 2.5 5G NR and 400MHz for 28GHz 5G NR.

The biggest question is how far can the phone transmit.  Perhaps mmWave should be paired with a lower frequency like AWS for that reason, but it might already be too late for that decision.  

Today's small cells will likely have mmWave added plus they will need more.  mmWave makes the most sense for dense areas.  It could also be used to keep people who are close to cell sites from hogging a larger share of low frequency bandwidth to the detriment of those further out.

why  do people need it inside a house i can get public  place or some else home but not your own  home since when i am at home it is wifi  i even put my phone on air plane mode

We are just going to see more receiving antennas outdoors and possibly relay or retransmit as WiFi indoors. Millimeter wavelengths can be strong, sometimes it is in the antenna technology like our fren mentioned up top. Massive mimo, even directional and point to multipoint will occur more frequently. Look for a massive boost in wider arrays and more elements. 

Dude in DC thread found a band 14 matsing ball with like 10 sectors. Imagine how many sectors and elements you could use from the same node with amazing spectral efficiency in MMwave size antennae, even 2.5 would be very impressive. Capacity is the game, supporting many connections, then spreading that knowledge to lower bands as we refarm again. Hopefully.

Not to mention at such large channels, speeds on mmWave will likely be comparable to Sprint's Band 41 even at lower signal levels.

Still though, it seems like only Sprint's Band 41 has a good balance of high speeds and decent indoor coverage. It can also be strengthened with small cells similar to the way mmWave can. 600MHz gets you the coverage but not the best speeds and mmWave gets you the speed but not the best coverage.

4 hours ago, mattp said:

why  do people need it inside a house i can get public  place or some else home but not your own  home since when i am at home it is wifi  i even put my phone on air plane mode

Many people can not afford or don't have the need for an ISP.  Smartphones and LTE tablets are their computers. The carriers have tie-ins with streaming TV services like Netflix or Hulu which further enable this.

• Like 2

Many people can not afford or don't have the need for an ISP.  Smartphones and LTE tablets are their computers. The carriers have tie-ins with streaming TV services like Netflix or Hulu which further enable this.
I can relate to this. My Broadband provider Comcast is so ridiculously expensive I can barely afford it every month. I wish the carriers would roll it out sooner than later but obviously that's not possible. I I hope it's cheaper than what I have now.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Paynefanbro said:

600MHz gets you the coverage but not the best speeds and mmWave gets you the speed but not the best coverage.

While many people laugh at the idea of 600MHz 5G NR, I think it is brilliant.  Doubling the slow speed at the edge of the cell will be far more useful/noticeable that going from 200Mbps to 400Mbps. The main issue is T-Mobile was not quick enough to get it included in the first 5G chipset.  It will take much much longer to build out mmWave to be as noticeable. 

While many people laugh at the idea of 600MHz 5G NR, I think it is brilliant.  Doubling the slow speed at the edge of the cell will be far more useful/noticeable that going from 200Mbps to 400Mbps. The main issue is T-Mobile was not quick enough to get it included in the first 5G chipset.  It will take much much longer to build out mmWave to be as noticeable. 
And as far as I understand something as simple as a paperback book can impede a millimeter wave LTE signal.

4 hours ago, dkyeager said:

i person rather pay for a isp then 

we still have a land line phone and use it alot we get a lot more out of isp then the phone we get 100/100 true unlimit  way more then most cell phone provider use  and i person perfer a networkcable to isp then wireless 

i doint get how people cant afroed a isp we only pay 120$ for all 4 of use can use it i look at cell phone place the simuarl one was more like 200 or more for a lot less data 

1 hour ago, mattp said:

I push terabytes of upload via cellular. For 15-20 bucks a line I can cover several locations and a car or two with cat-12 goodness for 120 a month. Each use case is different and pricing plans vary so much but ya can't knock people for getting online the best way they can fren 🤷‍♂️ 

I push terabytes of upload via cellular. For 15-20 bucks a line I can cover several locations and a car or two with cat-12 goodness for 120 a month. Each use case is different and pricing plans vary so much but ya can't knock people for getting online the best way they can fren [emoji2369] 
Okay that's a lot of data. I have Comcast and I use about three terabytes a month