iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

Well today I went to the closest Best Buy near my job to check up on both the Note 4, Note Edge and the 2 iphones. After i played with the notes, I went to check out the iPhones and both that were on display were bent. Even though I am an Android guy, it pissed me off that some jerk did that to the iPhones on display. Folks really need to stop that crap. 

Besides that, the iPhones were nice. I like the new sizes. 

TS

• Like 1

Has anyone here gotten a space gray iPhone 6 plus?  There are a few stores here in Atlanta with Silver and Gold versions in stock but every store pretty much said they have not even seen the 6 plus in Sapce Gray come to the stores.

Has anyone here gotten a space gray iPhone 6 plus?  There are a few stores here in Atlanta with Silver and Gold versions in stock but every store pretty much said they have not even seen the 6 plus in Sapce Gray come to the stores.

I ordered one on the 13th and it scheduled for delivery today. 128GB

• Like 2

Only at the Apple Store but I wasn't paying attention at most places

Anyone have any tricks on getting an iPhone 6 plus

Haven't tried much but when reading or surfing on Safari instead of hitting the toggle window to switch to another open window I used two thumbs to shrink my open browser window and then two thumbs ( or a finger ) to pull another one side open onto the screen... Did it on landscape mode or whatever it's called.. Phone long ways left to right (camera on left and home button on right , NOT top to bottom). It might work too to bottom I never tried because I like widescreen.. By doing it this way u don't have to yank down on the screen to reveal the toggle and plus buttons .. Avoiding a step.. The thumb minimize trick is faster.. No biggie just convient

I've noticed another nice feature on the voice text I'm sure most of you have tried and already know.. If you hit the msg it plays over speaker and if you raise it to eat it plays discreetly in your ear.

Has anyone been getting this phantom error "this cable or accessory may not be certified and may not work reliably with your iphone?" It just started yesterday, and I don't even have a cable plugged into it!

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6570891

Sent from my iPhone 6

I have not gotten this error. Have you tried doing a hard reset?

Has anyone been getting this phantom error "this cable or accessory may not be certified and may not work reliably with your iphone?" It just started yesterday, and I don't even have a cable plugged into it!https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6570891

Sent from my iPhone 6

I had it happen twice. Once I was using an aftermarket lightning cord I got at 5 and below.. The lightning cords ( oem or not ) all have a microchip in the head of the lightning plug. If the after market dealer has no agreement with Apple eventually iOS blocks its use.

The other time it happened my Apple lightning cord .. It was frayed and had been excessively used and sometimes I'd get that message.

Both of these happened with my 5c

For now I'm not even using the cord that came with my iP6... I'm using a aftermarket one I got for my 5c..

I'd place money it's the cord even if new because a chip can still be bad in those. The Apple Store is a sure bet if one is close for a free diag

I had it happen twice. Once I was using an aftermarket lightning cord I got at 5 and below.. The lightning cords ( oem or not ) all have a microchip in the head of the lightning plug. If the after market dealer has no agreement with Apple eventually iOS blocks its use.

The other time it happened my Apple lightning cord .. It was frayed and had been excessively used and sometimes I'd get that message.

Both of these happened with my 5c

For now I'm not even using the cord that came with my iP6... I'm using a aftermarket one I got for my 5c..

I'd place money it's the cord even if new because a chip can still be bad in those. The Apple Store is a sure bet if one is close for a free diag

This is happening when the phone isn't even plugged in. See my post. I linked the apple discussion where apparently, it's s common issue, mostly since 8.0.2.

Sent from my iPhone 6

But according to the comment section of any tech site's article on anything iPhone 6; it's a piece of 2009 crap. :)

Sent from my iPhone 6

What I'm enjoying about my new 6 as apposed to my LG G2 is that I don't have constantly kill apps to improve performance and battery life. Duh the OS should manage that for me.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

But according to the comment section of any tech site's article on anything iPhone 6; it's a piece of 2009 crap. :)

Sent from my iPhone 6

The most in depth reviews of any devices including smartphones are found at anandtech.

The iPhone 6 loads apps faster, beat all android phones loading (any) web browser even using googles own Octane benchark, it had the fastest acquire target auto focus on any camera ; better low light pics.. The most accurate colors shown on a display screen, period ( which was also said last week by the trusted Displaymate website)..

http://anandtech.com/show/8554/the-iphone-6-review

• Like 2