Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

A mobile provider can never have enough scale. Verizon is proof of this. They can still do network upgrades even with the Vodafone debt on their shoulders. That's impressive.

That's why I have been advocating forever that Sprint and T-mobile merge or at least merge their networks. Capex is shared over 100 million, not 50 each.
  • Like 2

A little off topic, but hopefully this is okay here. My sister currently has an iPhone 6 lease which expires in December. She wanted to upgrade to the Galaxy S6 Edge and was willing to pay the remaining lease payments.

On MySprint there is some sort of option where you can add a "delegate" who is suopposed to be able to add Easy Pay or Lease phones to an account at the store without the account holder being present. Said they only needed to be over 18 and show photo ID.

We go to the Sprint store, without the account holder, and they basically had NO idea what we were taalking about, even after showing a screen shot of the webpage. They insisted her name was not listed on the account and the only way we could proceed was to have the account holder call Customer Care and add her as an authorized person. We ended up leaving because it just seemed so ridiculous, and the girl was pretty rude about it.

Why have this option on the website if they don't honor it? Anyone else experience something similar?

Did you successfully add the delegate?

A little off topic, but hopefully this is okay here. My sister currently has an iPhone 6 lease which expires in December. She wanted to upgrade to the Galaxy S6 Edge and was willing to pay the remaining lease payments.

On MySprint there is some sort of option where you can add a "delegate" who is suopposed to be able to add Easy Pay or Lease phones to an account at the store without the account holder being present. Said they only needed to be over 18 and show photo ID.

We go to the Sprint store, without the account holder, and they basically had NO idea what we were taalking about, even after showing a screen shot of the webpage. They insisted her name was not listed on the account and the only way we could proceed was to have the account holder call Customer Care and add her as an authorized person. We ended up leaving because it just seemed so ridiculous, and the girl was pretty rude about it.

Why have this option on the website if they don't honor it? Anyone else experience something similar?

I didn't know about this delegate program, but I was essentially able to do the same thing via customer care chat. They asked for her full name, and her phone number. Two weeks later she was able to go into the store herself and lease a new iPhone 6s without any interaction from me. I thought I would have to order online, and mail the phone to her after I got it but this made it much easier. She was in and out on launch day in less than 20 minutes.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Best way to order a nano sim without calling international support?  Actually, anyone got the international support line?  I need a nano Sprint sim (hopefully CSIM) sent to my house soon.

Go to Best Buy Mobile.  Pay the $10 for the CSIM.  That is even less expensive than what T-Mobile charges now, and it avoids any Sprint induced headaches.

AJ

• Like 5

Go to Best Buy Mobile. Pay the $10 for the CSIM. That is even less expensive than what T-Mobile charges now, and it avoids any Sprint induced headaches.

AJ

Can confirm. This is a great option.

Go to Best Buy Mobile. Pay the $10 for the CSIM. That is even less expensive than what T-Mobile charges now, and it avoids any Sprint induced headaches.

AJ

I just used international online chat. Took no longer than 10 minutes and it was freeeee.

Sent from my M8

I just used international online chat. Took no longer than 10 minutes and it was freeeee.

Cross your fingers and knock on wood that you get the right SIM.

AJ

• Like 3

Best way to order a nano sim without calling international support? Actually, anyone got the international support line? I need a nano Sprint sim (hopefully CSIM) sent to my house soon.

Out of curiosity. Why would anyone need this?

Out of curiosity. Why would anyone need this?

Nexus devices/Moto Pure that are not sold in store/by Sprint but are compatible and quality phones on the network.

• Like 1

If I am on a framily plan and I lease a device instead if easy pay does that still get annual upgrades by having the framily unlimited otoion just like I had with easy pay?

Yes. When I picked up my Note 5 they told me it would, anyway.

• Like 2

Sprint (or a Sprint-owned company) officially not counting music streaming towards data allowances.  Isn't this not net neutrality friendly?  Looks like they're matching the T-Mobile streaming services over at Virgin Mobile.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/virgin-mobile-usa-adds-unlimited-140000190.html

• Like 2

Sprint (or a Sprint-owned company) officially not counting music streaming towards data allowances.  Isn't this not net neutrality friendly?  Looks like they're matching the T-Mobile streaming services over at Virgin Mobile.

Yea, I don't agree with this...

• Like 4

If you ask advocates of net neutrality it isn't, why? Near as I can tell because it benefits them, i.e. Content providers. I for the life of me don't understand why consumers care, But it a strict sense yes it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sprint subsidiary and net neutrality was talked about some in this thread:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/6765-sprint-supporting-net-neutrality-with-condition/

Basically I am against it because it is like the highway department making a deal with GM/Ford/Fiat to get free gas (unlimited data) for anyone driving a GM/Ford/Fiat vehicle. Sure, that is great for customers: My mileage on the highway doesn't increase the cost of ownership of my car (cellphone service) and I can spend the pay miles on city roads (other internet services) so I can drive more there!

However, it also negatively impacts other players in that market Nissan/Honda/Hyundai/etc by making their services appear more costly

• Like 10

I'm concerned this is just another step towards a radically different Internet. I prefer everything to be neutral.

• Like 7

Your analogy is not a good one. The highway department is a government enforced monopoly, consumer have no choice but to use highways run by the highway department. Consumer do have choices when it comes to wireless and ip providers. That allows them to shape the market the way they prefer. All that is happen with the net neutrality debate is content providers are trying to use the government to make sure the profit distribution remains where it is currently even though the market might want it structured differently.

• Like 1

Your analogy is not a good one. The highway department is a government enforced monopoly, consumer have no choice but to highways run by the highway department. Consumer do have choices when it comes to wireless and ip providers. That allows them to shape the market the way they prefer. All that is happen with the net neutrality debate is content providers are trying to use the government to make sure the profit distribution remains where it is currently even though the market might want it structured differently.

Of course it isn't a perfect analogy. I suppose a better one would be to compare it to a tollway such as the one near Austin which is privately owned. Customers do have choices between carriers, for sure. However, it blurs the lines when certain carriers such as T-Mobile (and now a Sprint subbrand) offer data limits with certain activities not counting against that limit. 

To me it is problematic that certain companies get to pick and choose winners. What if Verizon said that their new Go90 (stupid name) video streaming wouldn't count against bandwidth caps? Wouldn't that be a disincentive for Verizon subscribers to use other competing services?

The bottom line is it distorts competition while also interfering with consumer choices which is kind of the whole point of net neutrality rules, right? 

• Like 2

I could see a future where wireless companies end up more like cable companies, where you would choose your "package" with preferred apps or sites, rendering non-packaged competitors irreverent or just plain inaccessible.

Wireless companies will end up being the new Cable Co's, and we all know how well that's worked out for consumers.

• Like 4

I knew that Sprint would eventually join Tmo in this. But I am against it when Sprint does it too. It will just condition us to think that non-neutrality of data is OK if it works out for them in the short term. I just don't like this at all. But it looks like it's here to stay. C'est la vie!

Using Tapatalk on BlackBerry Z30

• Like 9