Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Here we go :td: . Sprint is raising prices on its single line unlimited data plans from $60/month to $70/month beginning 10/16. The question is are current customers under the $60 plan going to be affected or is it only for new customers signing up after 10/16. I guess this increase in price is to help fund the NGN project.

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/sprint-raise-price-unlimited-data-plan-60month-70month-starting-oct-16/2015-09-30

reminds me of the wimax roll out...   

• Like 1

On RootMetrics: it still seems Verizon is winning or tying in every market. If anything the gap seems to be widening where there's probably going to be a legit battle for second place. I think AT&T may have to hurry with VoLTE/wideband PCS refarming or else they'll be in a bad position at the end of all this.

• Like 3

On RootMetrics: it still seems Verizon is winning or tying in every market. If anything the gap seems to be widening where there's probably going to be a legit battle for second place. I think AT&T may have to hurry with VoLTE/wideband PCS refarming or else they'll be in a bad position at the end of all this.

Verizons small cell densification project is beyond this world. So many damn small cells everywhere popping up without warning.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 8

Too bad cause Sprint would have won Vegas..

• Like 4

Verizons small cell densification project is beyond this world. So many damn small cells everywhere popping up without warning.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I haven't seen much of it in St. Louis yet. :/

• Like 1

Sent from my Nexus 5

As much as I despise the duopoly, I am glad that this is happening. It tells me that they are trying to keep their network somewhat top-notch.

-Anthony

• Like 3

Sent from my Nexus 5

They have so much capital to work with too, it's astounding....

• Like 1

Looks like dearest Stephen Bye has joined C-Spire! Let's hope he can execute with less load on his shoulders. 

http://www.rcrwireless.com/20150930/carriers/former-sprint-cto-bye-set-to-join-c-spire-tag2

Was he put in an untenable position at Sprint?

• Like 1

Appreciate the info. So basically, you have 800MHz for voice and 1x data?

So I would imagine that NGN Densification/Small Cells/2.5GHz would be a priority in these affected markets?

You would hope so.  We won't until sometime early 2016 to see if progress has been made.  So far in LA there are a ton of gaps which need to be filled with new Macro sites.

• Like 2

I'm calling my shot. AT&T could be 4th in a whole bunch of metros.

My work phone is a brand new iPhone 6S Plus on AT&T. I can confirm that Sprint is running circles around it in a good swath of the St. Louis metro.

(But I always have 3-5 bars!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 9

A mobile provider can never have enough scale. Verizon is proof of this. They can still do network upgrades even with the Vodafone debt on their shoulders. That's impressive.

• Like 5

8e571cdd6466161137d35f2f916352a0.jpg

This is what happens when VZW is severely overloaded, though. Where I live has no band 4. They could use that extra capacity if for no other reason to ease burden off the network. There's too many users here fighting for capacity at the edge of the cell.

• Like 3

well partially due to scale...

yeah they over charge people (its their job though)  but so is Sprint with $70 for unlimited, $50 is bearable - but $70 would send me to VZW or ATT (unless I was a data hog in which case idk) 

• Like 1

well partially due to scale...

yeah they over charge people (its their job though)  but so is Sprint with $70 for unlimited, $50 is bearable - but $70 would send me to VZW or ATT (unless I was a data hog in which case idk) 

Really? $70 for a plan that, in the bigger picture, shouldn't exist anyways, is too much? Frankly it should cost much more than 70 bucks when you consider what it is. It's still the cheapest unlimited plan on the market, and good luck getting a better deal on a different carrier.

-Anthony

• Like 7

Really? $70 for a plan that, in the bigger picture, shouldn't exist anyways, is too much? Frankly it should cost much more than 70 bucks when you consider what it is. It's still the cheapest unlimited plan on the market, and good luck getting a better deal on a different carrier.

-Anthony

Metro has $50 unlimited.
  • Like 2

-Anthony

Best Buy still offers unlimited data with an iPhone 6s 16 GB lease for $70 a month. Not sure for how much longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, but then you have to be on Metro..LOL

Metro is legit where I live. Band 12 and a 20x20 band 4 is a hell of a combo. I had a friend that I recommend to sprint and he seen how much slower it was. 6 days later he was back on Metro. I was mad because I wanted referral money. This month I converted 3 of my friends to Sprint. 9 lines in total but I only recommend them because Sprint has good rural coverage in Florida and those areas Sprint LTE is not congested. They all live in the boons

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 4