Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Metro is legit where I live. Band 12 and a 20x20 band 4 is a hell of a combo. I had a friend that I recommend to sprint and he seen how much slower it was. 6 days later he was back on Metro. I was mad because I wanted referral money. This month I converted 3 of my friends to Sprint. 9 lines in total but I only recommend them because Sprint has good rural coverage in Florida and those areas Sprint LTE is not congested.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Also, its not unlimited LTE..

First 4GB of data at up to 4G LTE speeds*

• Like 6

I never knew that. This makes boost more attractive

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I think the average person rarely goes over 6 or 7GB, so having 4GB "high speed" might suffice for alot folks.

But on occasion I've run into folks who mention their internet is super slow because they haven't paid their bill...LOL! Come to find out they are on MetroPCS.

• Like 5

Really? $70 for a plan that, in the bigger picture, shouldn't exist anyways, is too much? Frankly it should cost much more than 70 bucks when you consider what it is. It's still the cheapest unlimited plan on the market, and good luck getting a better deal on a different carrier.

-Anthony

For a top tier provider yes. For Sprint not sure... At least where I've used it. New England...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

For a top tier provider yes. For Sprint not sure... At least where I've used it. New England...

Last I checked, Sprint was a top tier provider. Not sure when exactly they lost that status?

-Anthony

• Like 5

You need to be careful how you use the term New England because in my experience which is a good portion of Massachusetts, Sprint is up there with the rest of them when it comes to network performance.

• Like 4

You need to be careful how you use the term New England because in my experience which is a good portion of Massachusetts, Sprint is up there with the rest of them when it comes to network performance.

springfield area - basically anywhere in more rural areas I suppose.   

but hey to each their own....  I suppose I rather give me money to the duopoly :-)  or rather Sprint rather I do that!  

I try sprint every 4-6 months or so.    And its always the same disappointment.   I have two new phones here now waiting to go back to the Sprint Shack. :-(     

8e571cdd6466161137d35f2f916352a0.jpg

This is what happens when VZW is severely overloaded, though. Where I live has no band 4. They could use that extra capacity if for no other reason to ease burden off the network. There's too many users here fighting for capacity at the edge of the cell.

And VZW hasn't made an effort to at least densify in your area? How long has it been overloaded?

VZW users I know think it's normal and their "phone is acting up". The best is "we don't get data here". A Sprint or AT&T user can pull out their phone and laugh. And hell, even close enough to highways or random main roads and outside of the wrong buildings so can a T-Mobile user half the time.

But, whatever VZW does is ok. 

• Like 2

VZW users I know think it's normal and their "phone is acting up". The best is "we don't get data here". 

. . .

But, whatever VZW does is ok. 

VZW users know that VZW is the gold standard.  If VZW does not work well in a location, then nothing else does -- because VZW is the gold standard.

(And the first person who identifies what informal fallacy I committed in that intentionally poor logic gets an exceedingly rare "Like" from me.)

AJ

• Like 2

Post hoc ergo procter hoc, which is a fancy Latin way to say correlation proves causation.

Or the bandwagon fallacy which goes under various alternatives including: ad populum (appeal to the people), appeal to popularity, argument by consensus.

Good work.  Both of those are informal fallacies.  But neither is the deliberate flaw in my argument.

Keep trying...

AJ

• Like 1

Circular reasoning.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

But you may have to fight off Robert while you eat it.

AJ

• Like 6

VZW users know that VZW is the gold standard. If VZW does not work well in a location, then nothing else does -- because VZW is the gold standard.

(And the first person who identifies what informal fallacy I committed in that intentionally poor logic gets an exceedingly rare "Like" from me.)

AJ

You sir, are begging the question
  • Like 2

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

But you may have to fight off Robert while you eat it.

AJ

That shouldn't be a problem.

Just a minute too late

You, sir, too, are correct.  "Begging the question" -- oft misused and misunderstood in everyday parlance as "that begs the question" -- is another term for circular reasoning.  Nice call.

But I am sorry to report that EvanA beat you to the answer a few posts above.  And my "Like" quota is used up for at least another few weeks, maybe months.

On second thought, aw, what the hell?!  I am giving out "Likes" right and left tonight as if it were October 31, not September 30.  You get a "Like."

;)

AJ

• Like 5

That shouldn't be a problem.

Just a minute too late

You were too quick for me!

You, sir, too, are correct.  "Begging the question" -- oft misused and misunderstood in everyday parlance as "that begs the question" -- is another term for circular reasoning.  Nice call.

But I am sorry to report that EvanA beat you to the answer a few posts above.  And my "Like" quota is used up for at least another few weeks, maybe months.

On second thought, aw, what the hell?!  I am giving out "Likes" right and left tonight as if it were October 31, not September 30.  You get a "Like."

;)

AJ

I think any date is appropriate for liking posts that help raise awareness that begging the question is different from raising the question

• Like 1

I think any date is appropriate for liking posts that help raise awareness that begging the question is different from raising the question

Yes, that begs the question:  why do people not say "raises the question"?

;)

AJ

• Like 1

http://officialandroid.blogspot.com/2015/09/committing-to-rcs-latest-standard-in.html

This was missed in yesterday's flotsam and jetsam, Google acquiring Jibe Mobile to presumably back in RCS as a serious iMessage competitor. If anyone can push RCS as a global standard faster, Google would be it. 

• Like 3

http://officialandroid.blogspot.com/2015/09/committing-to-rcs-latest-standard-in.html

This was missed in yesterday's flotsam and jetsam, Google acquiring Jibe Mobile to presumably back in RCS as a serious iMessage competitor. If anyone can push RCS as a global standard faster, Google would be it. 

Yeah, I read about this yesterday.  I like it.  I wonder which messaging app they will put it in?