Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

I'm sorry but so long as the latency is adequate, those are perfectly good speeds.

That's Tmobile for you. Know for those awesome speeds to the point that 10mbps which is considered blazing for Sprint is considered slow for T-Mobile.
  • Like 1

Hmm I wonder what Sprint is throwing out?? Is it a reaction to T-Mobile possibly but I did some digging on Marcelos page after looking at the countdown. Heres what I found...maybe Marcelo gave a big hint here based off his interaction with a guy. 910315b583fed813a0e5ec885b86256f.jpg

What I didn't capture was the guy saying Sprint needs a test drive like program and Marcelo agreeing. Then the guy was saying how congested Chicago is for T-Mobile and hoping what Sprint announces is worth the wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh dear. I hope it's not throttle-free streaming... I actually like the gains in network performance. Don't retard the progress so my neighbor can overload a tower watching Hulu.

• Like 6

Oh dear. I hope it's not throttle-free streaming... I actually like the gains in network performance. Don't retard the progress so my neighbor can overload a tower watching Hulu.

I hope it's not either maybe (and I'm hoping) that he's just saying if you come to Sprint you can have unlimited with high speed streaming. But if this is true...it was just to one up John/boast about how much spectrum Sprint has.

I hope they don't announce a reduction in roaming on other carriers and somehow play it off as a win for sprint and it's customers. Even if they say they are rapidly expanding into those markets, there are too many times I rely on roaming (and that is in a major metropolitan market).

I hope they don't announce a reduction in roaming on other carriers and somehow play it off as a win for sprint and it's customers. Even if they say they are rapidly expanding into those markets, there are too many times I rely on roaming (and that is in a major metropolitan market).

Yep, I'm sure that's what he means by half. Half the coverage. That's a good marketing strategy.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

• Like 11

I'm just having hard time thinking what 'half' he could be referring to.

I don't think this is possible. But wouldn't it be interesting if he offered half off T-Mobile's new unlimited rates, if you lease a new phone? $45 unlimited, if you lease a new phone. Now that would build a stampede. However, that cannot be sustainable.

Maybe Sprint will allow up to half of your data allotment to be free streaming. So if you have a 10GB plan, your first 5GB of audio and video streaming (regardless of source), doesn't count against your data.

I really I have no idea. I'm just grasping at straws. If you couldn't tell.

• Like 6

Maybe B12 is firing up?

B12? You mean, like RRPP/CCA coverage? Maybe. Maybe that now you will have half the places without LTE you used to? Probably not. That's kind of a wonky marketing theme. That would be described as double. Double coverage.

B12? You mean, like RRPP/CCA coverage? Maybe. Maybe that now you will have half the places without LTE you used to? Probably not. That's kind of a wonky marketing theme. That would be described as double. Double coverage.

Definitely new plans, and I do believe it is a response to T-Mobile's BingeOn.  What you say may make a lot of sense.  A family plan may be able to use 20GB (out of a 40GB plan) on video streaming with no penalty.  Not bad.

As for legacy customers, I doubt it'll be anything regarding 2yr subsidies.  I'm assuming cheaper phone leasing agreements for those of us on the older plans.

• Like 1

Maybe B12 is firing up?

That's not "half" of band 26 or 25 though...

maybe, to cut congestion, Sprint will announce that they are cutting half their subs...gosh I hope my phone still works at midnight..

I'm kinda curious myself...I really don't need any more devices...3 tablets and 5 phones ...and I already got a line just so I could get the phone from it (actually that 2yr is up on Dec 1st of this year). I'm trying hard not to renew it and get a Note 5 or something...

I'd sure like to get something that works as good or better than my G4 in the rf department.

a few perks and special pricing on easy pay or lease? Half off iPhone or Samsung lease. Or easy pay

With qualifying "new" plan that will have some perks in it

acces fees cut in half?, roaming fees cut in half? Overages cut in half on high speed?

Rollover half unused data?

All phones half price on easy pay/lease for Black Friday

Anyone know what is coming tomorrow?  I just saw the #sprintcountdown and it's counting down to 10 AM cst tomorrow.  I just upgraded and was either going to exchange one of the three phones tonight to try another phone. . . or take back all three and leave Sprint.  Now I think I have to wait.  They are saying on twitter that it will have something for new customers.  I don't suppose any news has been leaked? 

half off my bill would be nice. That way we can ALL be SERO leeches and AJ can't be mad.

edit: if they do unmetered streaming then they might as well call it half off network speed.

no full speed according to marcelo 

https://twitter.com/marceloclaure/with_replies

also something for existing customers?? they could just ditch all the current plans and pricing, roll out all new super simple plans and pricing, sprint has gotten complicated lately.... then again lots of "Half" hints so who knows, maybe match t mobiles new plans with no video throttle at half the price?? i guess we will find out tomorrow hope its not just hype over nothing.  or follow karma go and offer unlimited hot spot with capped data speeds...

• Like 1

no full speed according to marcelo 

https://twitter.com/marceloclaure/with_replies

also something for existing customers?? they could just ditch all the current plans and pricing, roll out all new super simple plans and pricing, sprint has gotten complicated lately.... then again lots of "Half" hints so who knows, maybe match t mobiles new plans with no video throttle at half the price?? i guess we will find out tomorrow hope its not just hype over nothing.  or follow karma go and offer unlimited hot spot with capped data speeds...

I totally agree regarding the current plans. I'd prefer simple plans and despite all the grumbling about T-Mobile here, I think they present new plans to potential and current customers very well (with the exception of the like.. 3 different JUMP plans they have people on...).

I am also quite keen on the potential to eliminate overages. I am on a 20 GB (24 with that 2GB per line extra promo) and tbh I maybe use half that but I overbought to insulate myself against months where we might be on vacation or I might be gone for work and don't have/dont want to/am not allowed to use WiFi services even with VPN. Without overages I might consider a plan with less data. However, my current 20GB plan is the same base cost ($100) as the 10GB that Sprint offers right now so that isn't really an option.. for now..

• Like 2

I hope they increase the tether limit for the unlimited plan to match t-mobile more. Maybe they will include tethering with all old unlimited plans like 1Gb. I would be really useful.

As far as half my thought is it has to do with international roaming. Maybe half of your data can be used in all of the open world countries or even better the global roaming countries. would explain why it effects all customers.

• Like 1

I hope they increase the tether limit for the unlimited plan to match t-mobile more. Maybe they will include tethering with all old unlimited plans like 1Gb. I would be really useful.

As far as half my thought is it has to do with international roaming. Maybe half of your data can be used in all of the open world countries or even better the global roaming countries. would explain why it effects all customers.

I would only really use tethering if my ISP went out, which has happened before.  Even at 1GB, it would cover more than enough data that I'd need for the occasional use.

• Like 1

I would only really use tethering if my ISP went out, which has happened before.  Even at 1GB, it would cover more than enough data that I'd need for the occasional use.

Same here. It also would come in handy if I want to use my iPad while Im away from WiFi. Sometime you just need a bigger screen to get something done

• Like 3

I see a lot of use cases for tethering, i used to have the $10 add on with vergin mobile, before they enforced the throttle.  one time we made a 3 hour car trip to mall of america, we used my iphone 4s as a hot spot and all used our tablets to stream Netflix, Pandora and browse the web, I would still prefer to use a tablet on a long car ride, over a phone. I know i could buy a cellular tablet, but its hard to justify buying another cellular modem, when i have a perfectly good hot spot in my pocket at all times. 

I wonder if this news also coincides with the fact that the Ericsson network management deal is ending soon/is up for renewal? Maybe the best route really would be having Softbank run the network in some kind of lease deal there as well.

• Like 2