Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Hoping they don't follow tmobile's price increase. Wondering why they are changing again though.

I am assuming that is exactly what they will do. It has been kind of a pattern. Once one of these guys pushes out something industryesque the rest hop on in a day or two and call it an "industry standard" i.e. deprioritization, throttling, Unlimited price hikes, leasing, contract shedding, selling tower assets, your usage is burning the network down so you should feel bad messages as they increase data buckets. You name it, they've made a business out of it.

• Like 1

And now Sprint is announcing new plans this week. Wonder what this entails...

https://twitter.com/marceloclaure/status/665635529300439040

Ugh...I hope its not a nerf to the single line unlimited plan to react to Tmobile's new single line unlimited plan pricing.  I swear Sprint doesn't necessarily need to react to every single change is out there.

• Like 2

Ugh...I hope its not a nerf to the single line unlimited plan to react to Tmobile's new single line unlimited plan pricing. I swear Sprint doesn't necessarily need to react to every single change is out there.

I agree it some views it makes it look as if Sprint is lost in its identity and is not sure what they want to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully if Sprint is planning to mirror some of what T-Mobile has done, Sprint will do this the right way by not restricting video resolution, but rather the speed of the streaming quality, which I think 3mbps would suffice.

Actually, if Sprint wanted to have the great $45 unlimited monthly price featured on Framily plans, they could just go back to that pricing, using the 3mbps for everything unlimited, without the major outcry against it as they had when they tried the 600kbps speed cap for All-in.

Unlimited everything @ 3mbps for $45 monthly, would be great. Although, I could see them using the speed cap on higher priced plans too, such as 9mbps for $70 monthly, then 15mbps for $95 monthly. Sprint could have a tradeoff with these speed capped plans meaning no deprioritization, which I think would be quite popular.

• Like 1

Hopefully if Sprint is planning to mirror some of what T-Mobile has done, Sprint will do this the right way by not restricting video resolution, but rather the speed of the streaming quality, which I think 3mbps would suffice.

Actually, if Sprint wanted to have the great $45 unlimited monthly price featured on Framily plans, they could just go back to that pricing, using the 3mbps for everything unlimited, without the major outcry against it as they had when they tried the 600kbps speed cap for All-in.

Unlimited everything @ 3mbps for $45 monthly, would be great. Although, I could see them using the speed cap on higher priced plans too, such as 9mbps for $70 monthly, then 15mbps for $95 monthly. Sprint could have a tradeoff with these speed capped plans meaning no deprioritization, which I think would be quite popular.

I really don't think the market is quite ready for speed cap unlimited plans. Although I definitely like the idea, and it would be a game changer that Sprint needs.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 6s Plus 128GB using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Speed cap would kill sprint. Love the idea but the network isn't stable enough. Maybe use it as a trial in certain markets. But those paying for higher speeds will be complaining. it would force sprint to drop prices even more.

If vzw and Tmo/art avg speed of 15 with 10gb for say $100

How do you price 3 with 10g.? $50???

Great idea but sprint isn't ready yet.

• Like 6

I think so too. But I have seen too many times on my note 5 sites with CA but speeds are the same as a non CA device. Makes me wonder if Sprint is launching CA without sufficient backhaul.

I've been noticing the same thing all throughtout North San Diego the past 2 weeks or so.

• Like 1

Good idea but right now there are to many markets that are promised better speeds that Sprint has yet to deliver too so capping speeds to me has bad press all over it. It would also insure Sprint to be last place on rootmetrics in data every time. Sprint is not ready yet.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 3

WOW! Sprints average speeds in Flint were 30mbs and it was only good for 2nd place.

Very competitive market.

Att is a very sad case speed wise but reliable.

http://www.rootmetrics.com/us/rsr/flint-mi/2015/2H

Have you been to Flint bro? There is about 120 people left there, and they aren't speed testing that is for sure. Well, phones anyway.

TBH the only thing that sets T-Mobile apart from other carriers is that it seems fairly straightforward to just change plans or click "add" for the new uncarrier things. I hope Sprint realizes that all the plan changes have resulted in a myriad of different plans with customers who all want to know if they can get on the new plans/why they can't. I hope they at least try to streamline the process.

• Like 3

Read an article that explains the truth about "unlimited data" in many areas, just not wireless carriers:

http://www.wired.com/2015/11/sorry-theres-no-such-thing-as-unlimited-data/

This article is following the same intellectually dishonest line of thinking that conflates unlimited data with unlimited 4g, unthrottled which are two entirely different things. Content providers want unlimited unthrottled 4g service to be the norm because it maximized access to what they are selling. Since the tech media is itself a content provider their interest are aligned in this direction, which is why I believe you see so many articles from people who presumably graduated from some kind of college and should understanding they are conflating two separate things but continue to do it all the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.rootmetrics.com/us/rsr/corpus-christi-tx/2015/2H

Win for S.  Tie with Magenta but also a win in data.

Sprint went from 3.3 > 22Mbps!

I was down there about a month and a half ago and Sprint has definitely improved there. Last year I had frequent drops to 3g, slow LTE. I didn't think to speedtest there but I did notice that I never saw 3g while in town. I just attributed it partially to the much better LTE scan times on my Nexus 6P compared to my Nexus 5.

• Like 2

That T-Mobile congestion .... 9.2Mbps median DL and 18.2Mbps media upload.

Most likely that is what Tmobile will feel across the country if they keep adding customers. They don't have the spectrum for growth, and that is where Sprint will shine.

• Like 7