Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Marcelo Announces "One Sprint" initiative: New management structure; New organizational structure; New hires.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/business/article44696076.html

In a nutshell:

- Replicate Chicago's management structure, which has been a success apparently, in 19 markets.

- Divides the country into 4 regions, Puts a president in each of 19 key markets.

- Expected to be implemented early next year after the Holiday shopping season.

Northeast: Boston, New York, Washington, D.C. ... And one other city from what it looks like on that map.

South: Charlotte, N.C., Atlanta, Dallas, Oklahoma City, Miami

Midwest: Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, Chicago, Minneapolis, Kansas City

West: Denver, Phoenix, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle

Sounds good to me! Sprint has established a close working relationship with the Mayor and other local officials of Chicago and needs to do the same in other mark

Another layer of employees....   Wouldn't it be great if they could just use their data that they must have and fix their network.   While speaking of densification didn't they say they knew down to the block where their network needs to be fixed?  

Maybe it's just me, but it looks like Philadelphia and not DC. Agreed the last one looks like Richmond.

- Trip

Updated Article: It's Philadelphia.

The new One Sprint plan divides the nation into four areas and sets a president in 19 key markets.

Northeast: Boston, New York, Philadelphia, Washington, D.C.

• Like 2

Another layer of employees....   Wouldn't it be great if they could just use their data that they must have and fix their network.   While speaking of densification didn't they say they knew down to the block where their network needs to be fixed?

Apparently, Tracy Nolan has done a great job in Chicago as the market manager. Sprint has good relations with city officials including the mayor, and perhaps this can accelerate permitting etc. Sprint gave this model a trial run in Chicago with an experienced manager, and from what it sounds like based on what Marcelo said, they're very happy with the results.

• Like 1

Updated Article: It's Philadelphia.

The new One Sprint plan divides the nation into four areas and sets a president in 19 key markets.

Northeast: Boston, New York, Philadelphia, Washington, D.C.

Who's the president going to be? Hopefully not the current administration....

((( precedent )))....

Grammar police now off duty for the evening.

http://www.rootmetrics.com/us/rsr/map/2015-2H?category=overall

More results coming in for Root Metrics in 2H 2015. Unfortunately Sprint a lot of times has been in last.

Part of me wants to blame the phone, Note Edge. My Note 4 has never seemed to lock on to band 41 as much as it should. The Note Edge also has a different, CA enabled, chipset, so you probably can't compare the two, either. The Note 4/Edge received average RF ratings.

However, Sprint in a tiny few markets did really well, like Denver they tied with Big Red and won the speed test. So it might be an excuse to blame the phone.

Wasn't this expected.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Wasn't this expected.

I thought Sprint would be moving up or at least generating a few more wins than it currently has. There have been more dropped calls than I would have expected in the recent reports as well. Makes me think maybe optimization is on-going vs maybe an impact from re-farming spectrum for 10x10, vs a bad testing device, vs wonky RootMetrics scoring.

At this point it looks like Sprint has been "stable" from 1st half.

I thought Sprint would be moving up or at least generating a few more wins than it currently has. There have been more dropped calls than I would have expected in the recent reports as well. Makes me think maybe optimization is on-going vs maybe an impact from re-farming spectrum for 10x10, vs a bad testing device, vs wonky RootMetrics scoring.

At this point it looks like Sprint has been "stable" from 1st half.

I think it's the note edge. We actually pulled that phone from our location due to the numerous service issues with the device

I think it's the note edge. We actually pulled that phone from our location due to the numerous service issues with the device

I think so too. But I have seen too many times on my note 5 sites with CA but speeds are the same as a non CA device. Makes me wonder if Sprint is launching CA without sufficient backhaul.
  • Like 1

I think so too. But I have seen too many times on my note 5 sites with CA but speeds are the same as a non CA device. Makes me wonder if Sprint is launching CA without sufficient backhaul.

Yeah, I thought Sprint would be doing better, too.  I don't know what else to say. Seems like Sprint just can't get ahead.  They've improved greatly, absolutely to be sure, but I just thought they'd still be doing better.  Maybe I shouldn't have my hopes so high?  I don't know.  I just want them to show these "analysts" and "pundits" up.  That would be love.  And, damn it, they deserve it.

• Like 6

Calls to France are free until further notice

https://twitter.com/marceloclaure/status/665407051229749248

I wish Marcelo would coordinate these tweets with customer care..   I chatted with customer care just now to verify calls are free to France and they have no idea about it and will be billing those calls as usual at 7 cents a minute.    I even sent the agent the link to the tweet and he said there is nothing on his side to corroborate that and they will be billing as of now.    SMH.

• Like 2

Good.  We may call our relations and acquaintances without incurring mass quantities of fees.

61762376.jpg

AJ

• Like 6

I wish Marcelo would coordinate these tweets with customer care.. I chatted with customer care just now to verify calls are free to France and they have no idea about it and will be billing those calls as usual at 7 cents a minute. I even sent the agent the link to the tweet and he said there is nothing on his side to corroborate that and they will be billing as of now. SMH.

Official press release is out

http://newsroom.sprint.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=12057

• Like 2

And now Sprint is announcing new plans this week. Wonder what this entails...

https://twitter.com/marceloclaure/status/665635529300439040

Oh brother, not again. We just got new plans late last month. I hope there is better clarification with these new plans, and something reasonable for us that are still on Framily to migrate to.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 6s Plus 128GB using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Oh brother, not again. We just got new plans late last month. I hope there is better clarification with these new plans, and something reasonable for us that are still on Framily to migrate to.

I'll hold on to Framily as long as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

I'll hold on to Framily as long as possible.

How many members of your Framily are secure with no chance of them leaving? I know of 5 on mine, and the other 4 now I'm not so sure of.

How many members of your Framily are secure with no chance of them leaving? I know of 5 on mine, and the other 4 now I'm not so sure of.

I only know three, who account for 5 lines.

I only know three, who account for 5 lines.

So we are in the same boat if everyone else jumps ship. Still, $35/mo for unl talk/text and 1GB data is still decent.

And now Sprint is announcing new plans this week. Wonder what this entails...

https://twitter.com/marceloclaure/status/665635529300439040

No idea what the new plans are but we launch Rent To Own through Progressive friday for people that sprint will not allow to finance devices on easy pay or lease. Im not a fan because i know RTO is usually a scam but i guess its some peoples only option.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Hoping they don't follow tmobile's price increase. Wondering why they are changing again though.