Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Can Nokia buy back a lot of the assets from Microsoft for bottom barrel prices and under Suri (who is no question a much better CEO than Elop) relaunch phones that run Android? 

• Like 2

Can Nokia buy back a lot of the assets from Microsoft for bottom barrel prices and under Suri (who is no question a much better CEO than Elop) relaunch phones that run Android?

What makes you think Android will change anything? Nokia's phone business was circling the drain long before Microsoft came along. Anyway, I believe the deal with Microsoft allows them to get back into the business in a few years though I wouldn't hold my breath. At best they might do something like that iPad mini ripoff that is available in Asia.

http://www.rcrwireless.com/20150709/network-infrastructure/sprint-small-cell-deployment-update-tag4

Sprint’s small cell rollout has been a hot topic all summer, and even though it has not been announced yet, recruiters and installers are getting ready to move fast. Sprint has confirmed nothing, but hopeful vendors are now expecting the carrier to deploy up to 70,000 outdoor picocells

• Like 7

http://www.rcrwireless.com/20150709/network-infrastructure/sprint-small-cell-deployment-update-tag4

Sprint’s small cell rollout has been a hot topic all summer, and even though it has not been announced yet, recruiters and installers are getting ready to move fast. Sprint has confirmed nothing, but hopeful vendors are now expecting the carrier to deploy up to 70,000 outdoor picocells

Hopefully permitting for all those sites is quick and painless. :D

• Like 2

http://phandroid.com/2015/07/09/t-mobile-vs-sprint-ceo/

Sprint=school bus, per Legere and Marcelo should stay in the kiddie pool

John Legere also implied Marcelo may have been drinking too much at the time.

I am going to switch to Verizon tomorrow, to set up two lines, one on a "ghost line" as the representative at Verizon I spoke with called it, which I'll activate on the Sony Xperia Z4v when it is released soon. The other line will be my mother's line.

Just getting away from T-Mobile and their awful (I have a bunch of other words I'm normally reserved from ever saying, but am only withholding for the sake of this site) John Legere.

I've had issues with Sprint, but right now I've never wished them as much success as I do now, especially if it will shut that bleeping bleep pile of bleep bleeping bleepage called John Legere. Alright, point made.

• Like 7

Sprint should buy all the spectrum it can afford if 600 comes out... Vzw/att will have a very hard time supporting an additional 20-30 mil pops with what they have now. Sprint is in the best position to handle a large amount of growth..

• Like 2

Sprint should buy all the spectrum it can afford if 600 comes out... Vzw/att will have a very hard time supporting an additional 20-30 mil pops with what they have now. Sprint is in the best position to handle a large amount of growth..

I'm thinking, or at least hoping that Sprint, with Masa Son and Marcelo backing this auction fully with all the financial power it takes to outbid T-Mobile on all of that 30mhz reserve spectrum. I'd like to see Verizon get a huge chunk of the unreserved spectrum, with AT&T getting just enough of it.

What kind of backhaul do these small cell/picocells usually have?

• Like 1

Liked, but :(. Microsoft's announcement yesterday felt like the death of a close friend to me. They've essentially given up on the Windows Phone platform, for all intents and purposes. Reminiscent of webOS. :(

apparently you haven't been following Windows 10 Mobile...

• Like 2

I'm thinking, or at least hoping that Sprint, with Masa Son and Marcelo backing this auction fully with all the financial power it takes to outbid T-Mobile on all of that 30mhz reserve spectrum. I'd like to see Verizon get a huge chunk of the unreserved spectrum, with AT&T getting just enough of it.

At least with respect to your statement regarding Sprint, that's totally contingent upon enough spectrum being up for grabs in each market to even activate the reserve. From what I understand, it's not as though the first 30MHz are reserved and whatever's left is unreserved spectrum; in fact it is almost precisely the opposite. How this auction turns out will depend entirely on the current license holders and how much spectrum is made available in each market.

Just getting away from T-Mobile and their awful (I have a bunch of other words I'm normally reserved from ever saying, but am only withholding for the sake of this site) John Legere.

I've had issues with Sprint, but right now I've never wished them as much success as I do now, especially if it will shut that bleeping bleep pile of bleep bleeping bleepage called John Legere. Alright, point made.

Did you just... wish... Sprint.... the best.... 

Shock-Faint.gif

anyway, anyone read this latest seeking alpha article? Thoughts?

TS

• Like 3

Shock-Faint.gif

TS

Smh people kill me with the whole debt thing with Sprint as if T-Mobile is debt free and isn't losing money. But whatever I guess. Even if sprint was gaining a crapload of customers in sure a article will come out saying it's not sustainable because they aren't making any money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Smh people kill me with the whole debt thing with Sprint as if T-Mobile is debt free and isn't losing money. But whatever I guess. Even if sprint was gaining a crapload of customers in sure a article will come out saying it's not sustainable because they aren't making any money

If shares drop below 3.80 I'll buy a bundle.
  • Like 1

apparently you haven't been following Windows 10 Mobile...

Of course I have. Laying off the 7,800 staff members who were devoted to your mobile platform is not exactly a vote of confidence in its future. At the very least, it indicates an unwillingness to fund its future in any meaningful way. Therefore, Windows Phone/Mobile is dead.

• Like 2

Shock-Faint.gif

TS

While I had some network issues on Sprint and of course the bad experience in the one store I've mentioned in the past, I like how Sprint has gone about acquiring its spectrum pretty much evenly nationwide in its spectrum planning. I like how they have priced and organized most of its plans throughput the years (except for the more complex nature of their Family plan). I really like how they started the leasing idea and hate how they don't get enough credit for it and often get criticized for the great idea it really is, yet T-Mobile gets the praise for their much more complicated version of it.

Those are a few of the smaller and moderate things I compliment Sprint on. Now though as I try to be a very ethical, compassionate person in as fair about my views as I can be, I view this latest round of attacks against Sprint as going way too far and just completely uncalled for.

Craig Moffet is continuing to say things about Sprint that are unfounded, which now literally is hurting Sprint's business by driving down its stock. John Legere is now personally attacking, well at least it seems this way to me, by insinuating Marcelo Claure is a drunk, his way of explaining the reason for Marcelo's remark towards him, yet no one in the media seems to be addressing how unprofessional John Legere's actions towards Marcelo are. The interviewers were going along letting him say this stuff without any sort of condemnation.

So, it definitely is troubling to see John Legere getting away with all this, likely severely hurting T-Mobile in the process. Meanwhile, Marcelo is back to being professional about this after having his say to John Legere, which was totally justified, yet never did he get personal about it. Also, Sprint seems to be getting their CA active fairly quickly, Marcelo is busy getting all their funding ready too, so I'm hoping when the auction occurs, all this unfair media remarks and attacks from John Legere will be responded with massive success in it from Sprint, as I imagine we'll see in the meantime with network improvements that addresses the immaturity of these others.

• Like 11

Im just curious, when and could Sprint actually sue John legere/Tmobile for slander/defamation? Especially if facts are scewed to be untrue in a sense? Twitterand certain internet sites could be a source of what causes business harm against sprint. Im not very familiar, but have heard of it happening before.

• Like 1

Im just curious, when and could Sprint actually sue John legere/Tmobile for slander/defamation? Especially if facts are scewed to be untrue in a sense? Twitterand certain internet sites could be a source of what causes business harm against sprint. Im not very familiar, but have heard of it happening before.

I dunno as IANAL, but I'd tend to think that you absolutely don't want to take things to that level unless something UNquestionably heinous has been said or done. It could be a PR disaster if litigation were initiated over something that appears frivolous and done seemingly because feelings were hurt. It'd just be more ammo for the already biased tech media.

• Like 3

:roflmao:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :roflmao:

I'm pretty sure you just said what most of us have been thinking for a while now. And I don't think it could be said any better (or any more PG, at least).

-Anthony

• Like 5

I dunno as IANAL, but I'd tend to think that you absolutely don't want to take things to that level unless something UNquestionably heinous has been said or done. It could be a PR disaster if litigation were initiated over something that appears frivolous and done seemingly because feelings were hurt. It'd just be more ammo for the already biased tech media.

Yeah I could see it being negative, but at what point is losing business over false accusations and such worth taking a risk for it. It would get Legere to shut up, and a court order would get legere to shut up long enough for others to realize the koolaid they drank is tainted lol

• Like 1

Yeah I could see it being negative, but at what point is losing business over false accusations and such worth taking a risk for it. It would get Legere to shut up, and a court order would get legere to shut up long enough for others to realize the koolaid they drank is tainted lol

I really doubt anyone is leaving Sprint or selling Sprint stock because Legere insulted Marcelo.

If anything, I'd say Craig is more at risk for posting his usual bias to make his current stock positions look better. (Wouldn't be surprised if he put a short on Sprint stock prior to writing that article.)

Sent from my M8

• Like 3

Craig Moffett is definitely saying what he's saying to create a panic. Scary part is, he moved the stock 8% by spewing that bile. That's a major problem. He's clearly proven he can influence the stock.

• Like 5