Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

When you have a shareholder who owns 78% who also manages the company directly, he makes decisions based more on his interest than on shareholders in general. The stock price reflects that.

Masa is definitely making a long term play here. Not to say that the fundamentals are not improving for Sprint. They are. They stopped hemorrhaging customers. And their network improvements are netting them tangible results against their competitors. And the Next Generation Network Plan is likely going to help them build momentum forward.

But that being said, the short term opportunities for Sprint stock are pretty slim. Except for possibly the Moffets of the world who may be able to write a hit piece to artificially drive down the price, buy and make a few bucks on any rebounds. That is my opinion.

Using Nexus 6 on Tapatalk

Do we know the timeline it took Masa in Japan?  If it took several years, would the same not apply in the US?  Knee jerk reactions to drive down stock prices are all too common.  Moffet is in it for the short sale and a few dollars.  Masa is in it for the long haul.

• Like 2

I think everyone should ignore the junk that is coming out from these people. Their mentality is short term margins, they not longer recognize what is long term. The Japanese think different, they think long term.

For the last several years competitors including Pink mobile have enjoyed success on the back of Sprint misfortune crap network. That is basically changing as Sprint LTE network slowly getting better.

I think Hesse iPhone deal was terrible, not because of the product but because you put that device in a network running on T1 backhaul. This basically hurt Sprint image among many prime customers that jumped from the twin Bells to Sprint.Those same people stills think Sprint network is crap even though we know it's not true.

The old Sprint board screwed Sprint. They should had approved the Metro PCS buyout, and they should had put the apple money deal on the network instead of that phone.

Verizon proved that the network was more important than the iPhone because they didn't have it from 2007 to 2011 and they did just fine.

• Like 2

Sprint CEO Marcelo Claure sets target today that one-third of the company’s employees and management team should be Hispanic or of African-American descent.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/business/article27167482.html

He's correct. The company I work for is getting more diverse to understand their customers better. Especially on the front line.

Sent from my Nexus 6

• Like 2

Sprint CEO Marcelo Claure sets target today that one-third of the company’s employees and management team should be Hispanic or of African-American descent.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/business/article27167482.html

Diversity is great, but I'm not a fan of forced diversity. Just get the best people to do the job and the rest should sort itself out.

• Like 13

Diversity is great, but I'm not a fan of forced diversity. Just get the best people to do the job and the rest should sort itself out.

Rachel Dolezal:  she really wanted a Sprint job.

rachel-dolezal.jpg

• Like 11

There is not much he can do other than to spend money. Both B25 and B26 at 5x5 are not going to be as fast as the competitors. He's on the right path to densify with B41, but it'll likely take more time.

Always more time...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I think everyone should ignore the junk that is coming out from these people. Their mentality is short term margins, they not longer recognize what is long term. The Japanese think different, they think long term.

For the last several years competitors including Pink mobile have enjoyed success on the bank of Sprint misfortune crap network. That is basically changing as Sprint LTE network slowly getting better.

I think Hesse iPhone deal was terrible, not because of the product but because you put that device in a network running on T1 backhaul. This basically hurt Sprint image among many prime customers that jumped from the twin Bells to Sprint.Those same people stills think Sprint network is crap even though we know it's not true.

The old Sprint board screwed Sprint. They should had approved the Metro PCS buyout, and they should had put the apple money deal on the network instead of that phone.

Verizon proved that the network was more important than the iPhone because they didn't have it from 2007 to 2011 and they did just fine.

The network started to be crap way before the iPhone deal. Android users used and continue to use more data than iPhone users.

• Like 2

What the hell does Rachel Dolezal have to do with this conversation.

Yeah, the current topic of discussion is on thin ice.  Tread carefully, everyone.

AJ

• Like 2

I presume a joke that fell flat.

Sent from my SM-N910T

A joke implies a statement or story with a funny punchline that is told to cause laughter in the person hearing it. I for one did not find that post funny or irrelevant to the topic at hand. Plus, it didn't get accompanied with a smiley therefore there indicating it was a joke regardless if it was successful or not. 

TS

• Like 1

A joke implies a statement or story with a funny punchline that is told to cause laughter in the person hearing it. I for one did not find that post funny or irrelevant to the topic at hand. Plus, it didn't get accompanied with a smiley therefore there indicating it was a joke regardless if it was successful or not.

TS

That's probably the worst combined grammar and logic I've ever seen in a single post. His joke wasn't funny to you. Enough. Let's move past it.
  • Like 6

Always more time...

You don't seem to understand how hard it is to upgrade networks, especially with limited low band spectrum. Add the fact that you're not the only company fighting for resources and man power when it comes to upgrading towers, and the job becomes extremely hard.

Sprint would have been a lot better off had they had the spectrum to deploy 10x10 LTE, but they don't. Marcello didn't walk into a favorable situation, but there's not much he can do without purchasing more mid to low band paired spectrum. The only thing he can do is densify the network, which he is currently doing.

• Like 2

You don't seem to understand how hard it is to upgrade networks, especially with limited low band spectrum. Add the fact that you're not the only company fighting for resources and man power when it comes to upgrading towers, and the job becomes extremely hard.

Sprint would have been a lot better off had they had the spectrum to deploy 10x10 LTE, but they don't. Marcello didn't walk into a favorable situation, but there's not much he can do without purchasing more mid to low band paired spectrum. The only thing he can do is densify the network, which he is currently doing.

No, I do.

The seven Ps come to mind.

Oh I recall both AT&T really sucking for many years once the 3G iPhone came out. Verizon not much better. But big red built its network and then boasted. Where AT&T needed to fall down hard many times. Now they seem to have a decent (not great) network.

The network started to be crap way before the iPhone deal. Android users used and continue to use more data than iPhone users.

EVO 4G release in 2010 is when I recall it really starting to get bad.

• Like 6

This conversation started between Deval and I about current Sprint stock price, specifically his disappointment at current declines.  Both he and I are shareholders.  Thanks.

My disappointment is that the shareholders who are dumping the stock and lowering the value don't see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I've always been long on Sprint, having faith that it will all work out.

• Like 2

My disappointment is that the shareholders who are dumping the stock and lowering the value don't see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I've always been long on Sprint, having faith that it will all work out.

Agree.  I plan to buy more Sprint shares once I sell off some of my other stock positions.