LuisBOSS302

Anyone notice no 1440p on YouTube quality options? I was sitting outside with this great weather so far watching videos and wanted to cranking up but couldn't. I am on lte so that shouldn't be a problem, and I have went to a few videos I know that were able the play in 1440p before.

Sent from my LG G3.

I've had my new G3 a little over a week now and love it for the most part.  The screen is great and it takes way better pictures and video than my old S3, which looked great when I first bought it compared to my old HTC Hero  :-).  

I have had a couple of issues, one of which is quite annoying.  My phone has been freezing up at least 2 times a day.  It seems to happen mostly when the messaging app is open, the phone goes to sleep, then I unlock the screen.  I have to take the battery out to get my phone back.  I've had ART enabled almost since I got it so I'm wondering if that's the issue.  Just switched back to Dalvik to see if the problem goes away now.

Another thing I dislike is the on-screen keyboard has a settings key right next to the space key.  If you hold the settings key down it will pop up and let you pick the microphone for speech to text.  I'd rather have the microphone be the main key and the others be on the popup since I hardly ever change settings but want to use text to speech almost every time I type.

Has anyone else had crash/freeze issues with their G3 and, if so, were you on ART as well?

Also, anyone know how to modify the layout of the on screen keyboard to change the order of the settings/text to speech button?

There has been some talk about the G3 screen not being as bright as some other phones in the same category.  In fact some say the sunlight visibility is poor. 

I leave the lab and go for a 2 mile walk in our industrial park every day at lunch.  Yesterday it was very sunny outside, and I had no difficulty at all viewing the G3 screen. 

Here is a link to a YouTube video that shows how much brighter the Sprint G3 is, as compared to the AT&T G3.  Could this be a glue issue like the N5?

• Like 1

There has been some talk about the G3 screen not being as bright as some other phones in the same category.  In fact some say the sunlight visibility is poor. 

I leave the lab and go for a 2 mile walk in our industrial park every day at lunch.  Yesterday it was very sunny outside, and I had no difficulty at all viewing the G3 screen. 

I was outside for a while last Saturday and it was a very bright, sunny day.  The G3's screen was very easy to read even in the bright light.  My old S3 could be very difficult to see sometimes when it was especially bright outside but the G3 was very clear and there was no need to use my hand to make shade.

• Like 2

Has anyone else had crash/freeze issues with their G3 and, if so, were you on ART as well?

I had my G3 on Art for 2 weeks and during that time had it freeze 4 times. On dalvik I have not had that at all. Been using the g3 since launch.
  • Like 3

I've had my new G3 a little over a week now and love it for the most part.  The screen is great and it takes way better pictures and video than my old S3, which looked great when I first bought it compared to my old HTC Hero  :-).  

I have had a couple of issues, one of which is quite annoying.  My phone has been freezing up at least 2 times a day.  It seems to happen mostly when the messaging app is open, the phone goes to sleep, then I unlock the screen.  I have to take the battery out to get my phone back.  I've had ART enabled almost since I got it so I'm wondering if that's the issue.  Just switched back to Dalvik to see if the problem goes away now.

Another thing I dislike is the on-screen keyboard has a settings key right next to the space key.  If you hold the settings key down it will pop up and let you pick the microphone for speech to text.  I'd rather have the microphone be the main key and the others be on the popup since I hardly ever change settings but want to use text to speech almost every time I type.

Also, anyone know how to modify the layout of the on screen keyboard to change the order of the settings/text to speech button?

I've had two freezes. Both immediately after receiving a text, and then swiping down the notification bar. Or, attempting to. It freezes just as it starts to move, and then a battery pull is required. But again, only twice. This is on ART.

As far as the keyboard, I've replaced the keyboards across all my devices with the Google Keyboard. Don't use anything else.

• Like 2

I was outside for a while last Saturday and it was a very bright, sunny day.  The G3's screen was very easy to read even in the bright light.  My old S3 could be very difficult to see sometimes when it was especially bright outside but the G3 was very clear and there was no need to use my hand to make shade.

I think the brightness is adequate, but when on 100% it sure does suck the battery down!

I had my G3 on Art for 2 weeks and during that time had it freeze 4 times. On dalvik I have not had that at all. Been using the g3 since launch.

My G3 hasn't crashed yet per se...  I have had the smart card notification get stuck in a loading loop when I first turned on the phone and got to the homepage.  I had to power cycle the phone to get it to stop. 

I've had two freezes. Both immediately after receiving a text, and then swiping down the notification bar. Or, attempting to. It freezes just as it starts to move, and then a battery pull is required. But again, only twice. This is on ART.

As far as the keyboard, I've replaced the keyboards across all my devices with the Google Keyboard. Don't use anything else.

I may try the Google keyboard.  I did figure out how to customize the bottom keys on the LG keyboard and get the microphone as the default so I'm happy with the LG keyboard for now.

• Like 1

I may try the Google keyboard.  I did figure out how to customize the bottom keys on the LG keyboard and get the microphone as the default so I'm happy with the LG keyboard for now.

How did you get the microphone to replace the setting's cog?  I did that on my G2, but can't remember what I did...

How did you get the microphone to replace the setting's cog?  I did that on my G2, but can't remember what I did...

I finally found this webpage:

http://www.lg.com/us/support/product-help/doc-1403828818044-en-LGEAI

But the most important part is this:

LG G3 D850 KEYBOARD BASICS

Change the themes, options, and settings for the LG Keyboard.

To access the settings, from the Home screen, tap Apps  > Settings  > General tab (if applicable) > Language & input  > tap Gear icon  to the right of the LG keyboard, and then tap Keyboard height and layout.

Bottom row keys

Allows you to change voice input, handwriting, symbol keys, and more. Tap Bottom row keys. Select and drag to add or delete keys or change the order. Tap  to reset the keyboard layout to default.

• Like 2

I finally found this webpage:

http://www.lg.com/us/support/product-help/doc-1403828818044-en-LGEAI

But the most important part is this:

LG G3 D850 KEYBOARD BASICS

Change the themes, options, and settings for the LG Keyboard.

To access the settings, from the Home screen, tap Apps  > Settings  > General tab (if applicable) > Language & input  > tap Gear icon  to the right of the LG keyboard, and then tap Keyboard height and layout.

Bottom row keys

Allows you to change voice input, handwriting, symbol keys, and more. Tap Bottom row keys. Select and drag to add or delete keys or change the order. Tap  to reset the keyboard layout to default.

A big thanks!

My microphone will not stay.  I checked the "Bottom Row keys" settings and there were only symbols.  No microphone.  When long pressing the cog, I am presented with microphone, but can't get it to replace the cog.  Hmmmm...

Got it.  Thanks again. 

I heard back from LG on the free battery and charger promo.

I was denied because I purchased the phone "new sealed box" on ebay.

I guess it all depends on who reviews the entry material.

I heard back from LG on the free battery and charger promo.

I was denied because I purchased the phone "new sealed box" on ebay.

I guess it all depends on who reviews the entry material.

That blows, I've not heard back from them stating I was rejected after a second review, but I also have not received anything as of yet in form of a shipping confirmation either.

That blows, I've not heard back from them stating I was rejected after a second review, but I also have not received anything as of yet in form of a shipping confirmation either.Well, I hope for the best for you!

Well, I hope for the best for you!  It may just take a little time.  You think they would slide it to individuals who purchased new sealed G3's  That way they promote good will and get a lot of free advertising.  Oh well...

What was the reason you were rejected the first time?

Guess I'll just mention that bootloader has been cracked. Head on over to xda to check it out ????

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

thank you very much, i was waiting on that

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

now that you mention I have that crack

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

If we have the crack we are supposed to contact LG for a replacement.