LuisBOSS302

d88be8c9c121830debb726a885262c82.jpg

Has anyone gotten this error, it's been popping up a lot today, just started today too.

Sent from my LG G3.

I read somewhere that when you get that error, you have to delete your Google account then sign back in again.  I've never had it happen, so I don't know if that cure works or not. 

It just started today and has happened probably 4 times so far. I am running Art right now and didn't know if it was a Art thing. I'm gonna wait and see what happens if it keeps doing it I'll delete my Google account and 're add it and see if that helps.

Sent from my LG G3.

So randomly at 1am this morning my G3 decided to play some of the music that comes with the phone on the stock music player. I mean just started playing, I've never used the stock player. Kinda weird but really didn't wanted to get woken up that early.

Sent from my LG G3.

So randomly at 1am this morning my G3 decided to play some of the music that comes with the phone on the stock music player. I mean just started playing, I've never used the stock player. Kinda weird but really didn't wanted to get woken up that early.

Sent from my LG G3.

It's always something. I wish you could just buy a device that didn't have any glitches.

Mine started a new phenomenon just a few days ago. After I knock twice on the screen to wake it up for use, the screen stutters for a second, the factory installed weather widget disappears then reappears. Hope it doesn't keep that nonsense up.

It's always something. I wish you could just buy a device that didn't have any glitches.

Mine started a new phenomenon just a few days ago. After I knock twice on the screen to wake it up for use, the screen stutters for a second, the factory installed weather widget disappears then reappears. Hope it doesn't keep that nonsense up.

Yeah, when I had my droid x2 I never had a problem with it. This is the 2nd glitch I've ran into with the G3. Hope it was a one time thing though.

Sent from my LG G3.

My brother got a G3 earlier this week. So far he is loving it but the battery seems to not be lasting very long. Here is a screenshot of his battery stats he just sent me.

download_20141018_131801.png

Screen on time was 1 hour and 21 minutes when that was taken. Next highest usage was android at 20%. Does this seem bad to any of you that have this phone?

If so any ideas on what he can do? Bad battery?

Thanks!

My brother got a G3 earlier this week. So far he is loving it but the battery seems to not be lasting very long. Here is a screenshot of his battery stats he just sent me.download_20141018_131801.png

Screen on time was 1 hour and 21 minutes when that was taken. Next highest usage was android at 20%. Does this seem bad to any of you that have this phone?

If so any ideas on what he can do? Bad battery?

Thanks!

My G3 is definitely not as good as my G2, but I get about 1.5 to 2 days with light to moderate use. At least a full day with heavy use and about 4.5 hours of screen on time in torch mode.

Sent from my LG G3.

sounds like you might have a ghost

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

My G3 is definitely not as good as my G2, but I get about 1.5 to 2 days with light to moderate use. At least a full day with heavy use and about 4.5 hours of screen on time in torch mode.

thanks for the reply! when you say a "full day" what would that mean in hours? 12-14? also whats torch mode?

also i should have added, his screen is set to auto brightness at 70%. in the screenshot i posted he was still over 50% with almost 8 hours off the charger, so that doesn't sound too bad when talking about "a full day" but his screen on time seems really low for that much battery used.

he said his usage so far today was 1 30 second video, couple of calls, texting, some facebook, and some internet browsing. i wouldn't call that heavy usage by any means.

thanks for the reply! when you say a "full day" what would that mean in hours? 12-14? also whats torch mode?

also i should have added, his screen is set to auto brightness at 70%. in the screenshot i posted he was still over 50% with almost 8 hours off the charger, so that doesn't sound too bad when talking about "a full day" but his screen on time seems really low for that much battery used.

he said his usage so far today was 1 30 second video, couple of calls, texting, some facebook, and some internet browsing. i wouldn't call that heavy usage by any means.

By a full day I meant 18 hours. Still after 18 hours, I usually have 15 to 30 percent battery left.

By torch mode I meant 100% brightness. I use an app called "Yet Another Auto Brightness" YAAB. The app allows you to set minimum levels of brightness and maximum levels of brightness.

It would be a travesty to have such a beautiful screen and then dim it down to save battery.

Tell your brother to let the battery totally discharge until the phone shuts itself off. Repeat this about 5 times in a row. Then start using and charging normally. This helps condition the battery to last longer between charges.

• Like 1

By a full day I meant 18 hours. Still after 18 hours, I usually have 15 to 30 percent battery left.

By torch mode I meant 100% brightness. I use an app called "Yet Another Auto Brightness" YAAB. The app allows you to set minimum levels of brightness and maximum levels of brightness.

It would be a travesty to have such a beautiful screen and then dim it down to save battery.

Tell your brother to let the battery totally discharge until the phone shuts itself off. Repeat this about 5 times in a row. Then start using and charging normally. This helps condition the battery to last longer between charges.

thanks! i didn't think the battery discharge thing was still needed so i told him not to worry about doing that  :wacko: based on your results it definitely sounds like his battery isn't holding up very well. we are still within the 14 days so we might see about getting the battery exchanged.

Well, I hope for the best for you!  It may just take a little time.  You think they would slide it to individuals who purchased new sealed G3's  That way they promote good will and get a lot of free advertising.  Oh well...

What was the reason you were rejected the first time?

I was never rejected... I was approved the first time I submitted. Even though it was a used device I used the swappa date of purchase and the receipt of activation for my sprint line. I just got word back yesterday it will be 5-7 days so be on the lookout for the package.
  • Like 1

thanks! i didn't think the battery discharge thing was still needed so i told him not to worry about doing that  :wacko: based on your results it definitely sounds like his battery isn't holding up very well. we are still within the 14 days so we might see about getting the battery exchanged.

These new batteries are not supposed to have the memory effect. I do find that by using the procedure I described to you, it helps condition them.

Even my electric razor with a Li ion cell recommends doing that every 6 months.

I was never rejected... I was approved the first time I submitted. Even though it was a used device I used the swappa date of purchase and the receipt of activation for my sprint line. I just got word back yesterday it will be 5-7 days so be on the lookout for the package.

These new batteries are not supposed to have the memory effect. I do find that by using the procedure I described to you, it helps condition them.

Even my electric razor with a Li ion cell recommends doing that every 6 months.

No! Do not do this! Letting the battery completely discharge actually decreases the capacity. The more times you do this, the greater the effect.

Sent from my Nexus 5

No! Do not do this! Letting the battery completely discharge actually decreases the capacity. The more times you do this, the greater the effect.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Sorry, but I disagree with this. You could hurt the battery by letting it completely discharge and staying there in a discharged state,as the anode could fuse to the cathode. By recharging when the phone shuts itself off will avoid this.

The G3 for instance shuts down around 1% The circuits in the phone do not allow for complete discharge.

Chemically, the battery has only so many reactions that can take place in discharge, recharge. Charging a partially discharged battery counts as a cycle in the finite life of the battery.

Here is a nice primer from ZDnet.

http://www.zdnet.com/how-to-get-the-most-from-li-ion-batteries-7000026148/

I actually take issue with articles like this. Were are the actual facts?

And according to the logic of the article, 4 recharges at 25% would equal a cycle.

Edited by thunderwagn

^^

Bad quote. Was supposed to grab Bmoses. Stupid Tapatalk.

Sent from my Nexus 5

whoops, too late :( he has ran it down to 2% twice now before charging back up. i don't know if that helped or if things have just finally settled in, but his stats from last night were much improved from where they were before.

2014-10-19.png

2014-10-191.png

these stats are after running it down to 2% and charging it back up once, the charge from this 2% would be the 2nd cycle of that. had it not been for "lookout security" (which has now been disabled) the stats would have been even better. he is going to give it a couple of days and see how it goes now (have until the 26th to return in the 14 day window). Based on reports here and around the net that i've read as long as he can get close to 4 hours of on screen time he should be getting what he is supposed to out of a charge.

Sorry, but I disagree with this. You could hurt the battery by letting it completely discharge and staying there in a discharged state,as the anode could fuse to the cathode. By recharging when the phone shuts itself off will avoid this.

The G3 for instance shuts down around 1% The circuits in the phone do not allow for complete discharge.

Chemically, the battery has only so many reactions that can take place in discharge, recharge. Charging a partially discharged battery counts as a cycle in the finite life of the battery.

Here is a nice primer from ZDnet.

http://www.zdnet.com/how-to-get-the-most-from-li-ion-batteries-7000026148/

Someone who really knows what they are talking about made a great post in the forums about battery life, and the things to do and not do. It was very well written, with facts that back everything up. I wish I knew where it was. One of the points was to not drain the battery to the point of shutting the device off if you can avoid it, preferably not below 10%.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Someone who really knows what they are talking about made a great post in the forums about battery life, and the things to do and not do. It was very well written, with facts that back everything up. I wish I knew where it was. One of the points was to not drain the battery to the point of shutting the device off if you can avoid it, preferably not below 10%.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I'll have to dig around and see if I can find that post, I would enjoy reading it.  I have read so many different schools of thought on this subject. 

Being a chemist by profession, I understand the reactions and mechanisms that take place with the different ions, elements and metals that are used to manufacture batteries.  We analyze this stuff every day in the lab where I work.  The only place I can really foresee a problem is when the battery enters into the state of deep discharge for a prolonged period of time. 

I have had really great success conditioning new batteries by letting them discharge to the point of device shut-off for the first few cycles. Just yesterday I had  2.5 hours of screen on time and 23 minutes of phone calls on my G3 with total use time on the battery of 43 hours and the device still reported 47% battery left.  That was using the YAAB app for auto brightness - which I keep the minimum brightness level pretty high.

I have used this battery conditioning method on my Note 3, Galaxy Mega and G2 all with similar results.

I certainly would not want anyone to ruin, or potentially ruin their battery, but it sure works for me....

I'll try and find the article that you spoke of as well. 

Enough said!  :)

• Like 1

Just letting you G3 guys know, I'm no longer a part of the party. I ended up going back to iOS for now.

I was having too many issues with not getting texts messages from iOS users (almost my whole group of friends and colleagues). I will surely miss my G3! It is a great phone.

My pristine G3 is for sale, and that makes me somewhat sad. Great handset!

I realize this is from a while back, but for the information just in case.

It's because of the way Apple designed iMessage to work. You must turn off iMessage on the iPhone first, that way it sends the message to Apple's servers that your phone no longer has iMessage capability. Otherwise other people's iPhones will simply assume you still do, and never check whether they are actually going through (despite iMessage having this ability). So any friends that have iDevices without iMessage enabled will come through just fine as will all non-iOS devices.

You could have simply activated the iPhone again temporarily, turned off iMessage then reactivated the G3 and it would work just fine. It's a common issue that's existed since iOS7 was introduced.

• Like 1

If we have the crack we are supposed to contact LG for a replacement.

just some information, i usually dont trade my phones but i was at best buy buying a tablet and i have a s3 laying around, so i asked how much for the s3 because has a creaked bezel has cero value. so i asked for the g3 and the value was 40 dollars .the sprint store is on the first floor went there just to double check sprint offer me 20 for the s3 and 65 for the g3 because they are consider broken phones.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk