LuisBOSS302

The SAME exact thing happened to me. Nobody at Sprint can tell me why or how to rectify the issue. I'm not happy.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Crapatalk

After 20 minutes with chat, the rep finally conceded that I did qualify, and to call this number: (844) 887-1284. She called it the "back office" and that they would fix it for me.

• Like 1

After 20 minutes with chat, the rep finally conceded that I did qualify, and to call this number: (844) 887-1284. She called it the "back office" and that they would fix it for me.

Awesome. Many thanks, I will call tonight.

Are they going to make you wait another 4-6 weeks to receive the card?

Awesome. Many thanks, I will call tonight.

Are they going to make you wait another 4-6 weeks to receive the card?

Not sure. I haven't called the number yet. Suffering from a cold, my voice is shot. Hopefully tomorrow people will actually be able to understand me on the phone!

Let me know what they tell you!

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads up guys! I hadn't received it yet either and was in on the early rebate group so I will check in and see what they say.  I'll flip ape $hit if they try to say no but at least there is a way to fix it.  :tu:

• Like 1

Not sure. I haven't called the number yet. Suffering from a cold, my voice is shot. Hopefully tomorrow people will actually be able to understand me on the phone!

Let me know what they tell you!

Just got off the phone with them. They're crediting my account the $150.

I got denied because I switched the G3 to a different line. The denial was in error and I'm OK with the fix.

• Like 4

Just got off the phone with them. They're crediting my account the $150.

I got denied because I switched the G3 to a different line. The denial was in error and I'm OK with the fix.

I switched the line it was on as well (still on my account). That must be what they did to me. I would be happy with that result, as that's what I was going to use it for anyway!

• Like 3

I switched the line it was on as well (still on my account). That must be what they did to me. I would be happy with that result, as that's what I was going to use it for anyway!

Exactly what happened. The G3 is still on my account, just on a different line.

I've decided to keep the G3, btw. I will switch the phones around when I want to go 88er hunting. :).

• Like 1

Did anyone actually get the AMEX card that was promised when purchasing the G3 back in July? I still hadn't gotten mine, was curious today and found out it was denied. I'm having trouble understanding why, as I did everything that was required.

Yep, I received mine about a month ago. I bought my G3 on launch day and registered for the AMEX card shortly thereafter.

Hopefully they will just credit you the $150 to keep you from having to wait longer.

Did anyone actually get the AMEX card that was promised when purchasing the G3 back in July? I still hadn't gotten mine, was curious today and found out it was denied. I'm having trouble understanding why, as I did everything that was required.

I actually got mine.

Took *forever* to arrive, much longer than they said it would.

But it's here and I didn't have to do anything special / call support for it.

• Like 1

I actually got mine.

Took *forever* to arrive, much longer than they said it would.

But it's here and I didn't have to do anything special / call support for it.

The status on my shows denied, so I'll be calling tomorrow.

I would appear that since I moved the G3 around on different lines, that why I didn't get it.

I would appear that since I moved the G3 around on different lines, that why I didn't get it.

All promos like this or mail in rebates are void if the phone is not active on the number it was sold on. Its in the fine print of all sprint rebates. Luckily it seems customer care is working with you guys.

All promos like this or mail in rebates are void if the phone is not active on the number it was sold on. Its in the fine print of all sprint rebates. Luckily it seems customer care is working with you guys.

No, I checked the fine print. These aren't rebates either. I specifically asked several employees, in store and online before I purchased if it was required that the phone stayed on the sane line. They said it wasn't.

Sent from my LG G3

• Like 1

I'm very surprised! I've always thought that LG had poor phone support and was slow on software upgrades. Maybe... Maybe.... Things are changing on this front. I will be interested to how fast they upgrade their G2 though as well.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I'm very surprised! I've always thought that LG had poor phone support and was slow on software upgrades. Maybe... Maybe.... Things are changing on this front. I will be interested to how fast they upgrade their G2 though as well.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I hear this all the time for every manufacturer. To be honest, after being in the industry and watching since before Android launched on Sprint originally, as long as you're going with a popular or flagship device, you'll have support. It's not the G3 or even the G2 I'd worry about, it's phones like the G3 Vigor, or the Galaxy Mini series of phones. Those non-flagship phones will be left behind first.

Three years ago if you'd said LG and flagship Android, you'd likely be laughed at, now the G3 is one of the best Android devices on the market, the success of the Nexus 4 and 5 devices helped propel LG into the forefront as well.

• Like 2

I'll try to make this brief.

Mom is having a horrible time with dropped calls at home on her G3.  Seemingly no issues while travelling.

Her towers have upgraded backhaul.  Currently they are 3G only. 

I am visiting her this weekend and I hope to be able to see what is going on.

Her numerous calls to Sprint have concluded with a credit and a rep or supervisor telling her that it's a capacity issue on her home tower(s).

I'm not sure if she has setup wifi calling properly, but I'm going to try that.  She has terrible 1.5mbps internet provided by windstream.

Are there any other setting on the phone that I could change that could possibly help this situation out?

She updates profile & prl a few times per week.

She does have SCP installed.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I'll try to make this brief.

Mom is having a horrible time with dropped calls at home on her G3.  Seemingly no issues while travelling.

Her towers have upgraded backhaul.  Currently they are 3G only. 

I am visiting her this weekend and I hope to be able to see what is going on.

Her numerous calls to Sprint have concluded with a credit and a rep or supervisor telling her that it's a capacity issue on her home tower(s).

I'm not sure if she has setup wifi calling properly, but I'm going to try that.  She has terrible 1.5mbps internet provided by windstream.

Are there any other setting on the phone that I could change that could possibly help this situation out?

She updates profile & prl a few times per week.

She does have SCP installed.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Wifi calling is as simple as turning on via the notification toggles.  If it's the first time being set up it will ask you to put in an address for 911 emergencies, but after that you're good to go.  As for the internet connection/speed, I don't know what kind of an effect it'll have on wifi calling.

• Like 1

Not sure if this is a Sprint zone thing or G3 thing. Thinking Sprint zone, but anyone else with G3 have working trouble ticket info?

Edit:

I'm in central Alabama.

Mine has said stuff like that before not only on my G3 but my M8, S5, and G2. I've only seen it once per phone until I had my S5 the longest then I seen it a few times. But I do kinda like the makeover that Sprint Zone has now.

On another note just waiting for the 5.0 update. And if anyone is wondering how the battery life is with a Zerolemon all I can say is great, I average 80+ hours off the charger with over 8 SoT. And that's no wifi on and auto brightness set to 100% with a mix of standby and usuall social, we, and gaming. Bow just ready for the 5.0 update to see if it gets event better battery life with project Volta.

Sent from my LG G3.