LuisBOSS302

I don't think this was mentioned in the presentation but is the G3 IP67 waterproof and dustproof resistant?  That would be nice if it did but since I don't think it was mentioned I am going to assume that is not.  Such a shame though to a pretty solid phone.  I guess LG doesn't copy everything Samsung does.  No fingerprint sensor and no IP67 waterproof rating.

I don't think this was mentioned in the presentation but is the G3 IP67 waterproof and dustproof resistant? That would be nice if it did but since I don't think it was mentioned I am going to assume that is not. Such a shame though to a pretty solid phone. I guess LG doesn't copy everything Samsung does. No fingerprint sensor and no IP67 waterproof rating.

I may hold off and see what the S5 prime has to offer. Hopefully 3GB/805/32GB.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Looks like a great phone, but given that I already have a tri-band device, I am going to wait for a phone capable of connecting to Sprint's 8T8R radios.

I've seen posts like this floating around this forum, and they're wrong. 8t8r is a term for the antennas that Sprint is implementing on nv sites. Every triband phone can connect to these sites the same way you would connect to a Clear band 41 site. I connect to several of these nv 2.0 sites with 8t8r radios every day in Chicago. Maybe you mean carrier aggregation? If that's the case, then yes, the phone needs compatibility with cat 6 LTE, and those should start being released in the fall.

Sent from my LG-LS980

• Like 6

Unless it performs like the N5 does on LTE, I'll probably hold off on this.  The height is the reason I returned the HTC M8 (although the button placement is different so I'm unsure how I'd feel about the G3.)

But - going from a G2 to a G3 doesn't seem very logical to me.  I'm pretty satisfied here.

EDIT: Also during the live event - I like how he tried to justify having a 1440p screen by comparing it on a huge ass background.  I really doubt you can tell between 1080p and 1440p on a 5.5. inch screen.

Also - Sounds like the phone overall will run slower to compensate for the larger screen.  He even mentioned adjusting clock times and frame rates.  We'll see though.

EDIT: Also during the live event - I like how he tried to justify having a 1440p screen by comparing it on a huge ass background.  I really doubt you can tell between 1080p and 1440p on a 5.5. inch screen.

He also wasn't holding that huge ass background six inches from his face.

I suppose this will finally be the device that replaces my Evo4GLTE. It will be interesting to see if the GPS issues that have impacted the G2 will be remedied in the G3. I'm guessing LG had to move the GPS contacts since the G3 rear cover is removable.

Does anyone know if the "Settings" menu and sub-menu colors can be changed? For example; instead of a dark font on white background, a white font on a dark background? Can't be sure the G3 would keep this feature with their UI overhaul, but you never know.

I know this isn't a tmobile site but... It looks like their version might support CA over bands 2 and 4. Hopefully the Sprint version offers something similar. As a negative for those tmobile folks though, it doesn't support band 12 (700).

I look for these things these days because I plan on buying unlocked phones and jumping between carriers at will.

I have this horrible feeling sprint is going to do what it does a lot when two different models of the same phone come out. I am worried they are only going to offer the 2GB/16GB model or offer the 3GB/32GB model months after the initial release after other better phones have come out and no one wants it anymore. They are notorious for doing stuff like that.

I want this phone, but only the 32GB version.

Edited by troyd96
  • Like 2

I have this horrible feeling sprint is going to do what it does a lot when two different models of the same phone come out. I am worried they are only going to offer the 2GB/16GB model or offer the 3GB/32GB model months after the initial release after other better phones have come out and no one wants it anymore. They are notorious for doing stuff like that.

I want this phone, but only the 32GB version.

They only delayed the G2 release because of the Triband obstacles. Once they overcame the Triband shortcomings, the device was released. The G3 will likely come out around the same time as the other carriers.

Sent from my LG-LS980

They only delayed the G2 release because of the Triband obstacles. Once they overcame the Triband shortcomings, the device was released. The G3 will likely come out around the same time as the other carriers.

Sent from my LG-LS980

You didn't understand what I'm saying. I know one of the two models will come out on time. I'm talking about sprint's notorious way they only release the lower memory models first. So I will bet they release the 16GB/2GB model only at launch and then the people that want the 32GB/3GB version will be released never or months later. They are notorious for delaying higher cost versions of the same phone.

You didn't understand what I'm saying. I know one of the two models will come out on time. I'm talking about sprint's notorious way they only release the lower memory models first. So I will bet they release the 16GB/2GB model only at launch and then the people that want the 32GB/3GB version will be released never or months later. They are notorious for delaying higher cost versions of the same phone.

I forgot to mention it in the reply. Sprint, according to Evleaks is getting only the 32/3GB version, along with T-Mobile.

Sent from my LG-LS980

• Like 4

I forgot to mention it in the reply. Sprint, according to Evleaks is getting only the 32/3GB version, along with T-Mobile.

Sent from my LG-LS980

Do you have a link where that is said? Everything I have read is assuming 16GB only due to T-Mobile leaked retail price for the 32GB versus Sprint's contest to win one which has the retail price at $50 less.

Do you have a link where that is said? Everything I have read is assuming 16GB only due to T-Mobile leaked retail price for the 32GB versus Sprint's contest to win one which has the retail price at $50 less.

I guess not Evleaks.

I couldn't find the exact article/post but I did find this.

http://www.gsmarena.com/newscomm-8271.php

they wouldn't dare release the exclusive gold color with lower specs, would they?!?  I really don't want that color but if that one happens to be the only 32/3 I'll get it and put a skin on it

• Like 1

The gold to me is the best looking one.

they wouldn't dare release the exclusive gold color with lower specs, would they?!? I really don't want that color but if that one happens to be the only 32/3 I'll get it and put a skin on it

So is there any other devices to look forward to this summer? Looking at my G2....I just can't jump on the G3 since it's not that big of an upgrade.  I guess I'm expecting too much, but I'd like a revolutionary device...maybe the new Note will be what rings my bell...I doubt the specs will be that much better than the G3 though.