Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

my battery life has a similar slope with mostly idle usage as well.

the 5.0.2 seemed to help flatten out my n7 battery, hopefully it rolls out to n5's quickly.

my battery life has a similar slope with mostly idle usage as well.

the 5.0.2 seemed to help flatten out my n7 battery, hopefully it rolls out to n5's quickly.

My phone has the update device card open and a system pop up that says the network is preparing your services, please wait... for about 5 minutes now. Hopefully it's 5.0.2 but I also did do a device swap today

Honestly I think battery life is more inconsistent now than it ever was with kitkat. Some days standby time will drain horribly and others the drop is hardly noticeable.

This has been pretty much my experience with lollipop as well. Some days are just really good. Some days, the battery life just drops horribly. No usage changes, just vastly different battery life from day to day use.

I'm going to try reinstalling the stock firmware. Today I woke up and the battery was dead, it was around 60% when I went to sleep. I charged it this morning and went shopping and it drained about 20% in an hour with about one minute of screen time. If this keeps up I'll have to go back to kit kat.

I'm going to try reinstalling the stock firmware. Today I woke up and the battery was dead, it was around 60% when I went to sleep. I charged it this morning and went shopping and it drained about 20% in an hour with about one minute of screen time. If this keeps up I'll have to go back to kit kat.

Let us know how that goes. My phone drained 20% in 2 hours and I wasn't even using it. This phone's battery life has been so frustrating.

Let us know how that goes. My phone drained 20% in 2 hours and I wasn't even using it. This phone's battery life has been so frustrating.

It seemed to work for now, though it's still dropping more than it ever did on kit kat. Roughly 1% an hour, on kit kat I could manage 1-2% a day standby.

Well for me that's great because on days like today I have 80% left with 12 minutes of on screen time. It's so annoying. I can't really blame a bad or weak signal since both usage stats were from my desk at work.

I can't make sense of my battery stats at all really, some days 30 minutes of SoT at 70% battery life, other times I will be 1 hour of SoT doing the same stuff I do everyday. There is absolutely zero consistently day by day.

Sent from my Nexus 5 (Root + ElementalX Kernel)

Guys, I'd recommend using a GOOD (not like what we see on the device) battery stats tracking app like GSam Battery Monitor to see what, exactly, is going on and what is eating your battery. It it doesn't require root and will also show trending data so you can get a feel for how it's been over a period of time. Here is a screen shot I took today to give you an idea, it's CM12 on my G2 but you get the idea.

6d3bb857eab05511ebf066edf70f8114.jpg

• Like 1

Well I finally got around to going back to 4.4.4, here is hoping the battery life is more consistent. Rooted with ElementalX kernel too, same settings.

I'll be going back to 4.4.4 as well. I like lollipop, but battery life consistency is more important to me.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

I'll be going back to 4.4.4 as well. I like lollipop, but battery life consistency is more important to me.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

I LOVE Lollipop but the battery life just pisses me off, KitKit feels really old though compared to Lollipop.

For me lollipop is basically unusable on the nexus 5. It lags like crazy! I suspect it is related to available RAM. My nexus 6 is giving me such a headache that I wish I could go to the nexus 5 but its like trading one devil for another. I probably will go back to the nexus 5 and put KitKat back on it. I wish google were more prompt with addressing issues... Releasing bug fixes for problems that create serious headaches as soon as possible. As of now... I'm frustrated, angry, and sad about the whole Nexus experience with lollipop. Maybe I should just switch to a non nexus phone.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

For me lollipop is basically unusable on the nexus 5. It lags like crazy! I suspect it is related to available RAM. My nexus 6 is giving me such a headache that I wish I could go to the nexus 5 but its like trading one devil for another. I probably will go back to the nexus 5 and put KitKat back on it. I wish google were more prompt with addressing issues... Releasing bug fixes for problems that create serious headaches as soon as possible. As of now... I'm frustrated, angry, and sad about the whole Nexus experience with lollipop. Maybe I should just switch to a non nexus phone.

I have no experience with the nexus 6 but I do see the same lag issue you described on the 5. Both my wife's and my nexus also experience apps frequently crashing. I'm trying to avoid a system restore but it may come to that.

Never had any lags on lollipop with my 5, runs like a dream. But I'm back on lollipop after a few hours I couldn't take KitKat much longer it feels so old and dated. [emoji14] Battery life was fine for me today at work, came home with 70+% which was nice with 1 hour SoT.

System memory leak? Is there a bug report for this with google?

Yes, there is as far as I know. It was there in 5.0 and wasn't fixed in 5.0.1

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Yea... I'm actually planning to get the next Galaxy Note phone. As much as I hate TouchWiz and was never a big fan of phablets, the note 4 has been topping the battery life charts, and I've decided that I'll deal with it for a better battery. And with no xposed support on lollipop, and who knows if there ever will be due to ART, vanilla Android is kind of lacking in features. No question I loved my Nexus during KitKat, though.