Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

My battery life with my N5 on 4.4.4 drives me nuts.  But I won't upgrade to 5.0 because I know it's worse!  My wife is on 5.0 with her N5 and she has to plug in every 3-4 hours.  She swears she got more life out of her HTC EVO 2010.  She is probably right.

She has gone from loving her phone to hating it.  But she refuses to go back to 5.0.  Because she is sure I will screw it up.   :lol:

My battery life with my N5 on 4.4.4 drives me nuts. But I won't upgrade to 5.0 because I know it's worse! My wife is on 5.0 with her N5 and she has to plug in every 3-4 hours. She swears she got more life out of her HTC EVO 2010. She is probably right.

She has gone from loving her phone to hating it. But she refuses to go back to 5.0. Because she is sure I will screw it up. :lol:

I may have to pull the N5 back out of retirement. I don't remember the battery life being that bad, even on 5.0!

I may have to pull the N5 back out of retirement. I don't remember the battery life being that bad, even on 5.0!

She is a heavy user.  But 3-4 hours of battery life even with constant use is just not good.  She went from the LG Optimus G (G1) to the N5 originally.  On the LGOG, she got about 6-8 hours between charges.  And originally on the N5 she got about 5-6 hours.  But after the 5.0 update, she has been very unhappy with battery life.  Even if she doesn't touch it it will only last about 6-7 hours.

Either the battery is bad or maybe it's time to wipe and reflash the phone. The battery life on my Nexus 5 on lollipop actually rivals that of my iPhone 6.

I second this. I regularly get through 16 hour days without plugging in with around 2.5-3hrs SOT. Any time I see an abnormal drain it gets cleared up by rebooting and/or disabling location services until I need it.

Either the battery is bad or maybe it's time to wipe and reflash the phone. The battery life on my Nexus 5 on lollipop actually rivals that of my iPhone 6.

I flashed 5.0.1 multiple times trying to fix it. Going back to 4.4.4 I am back on track to hit 3-5 days on battery with my typical light use during the week. On lollipop the phone won't make it through the day.

I second this. I regularly get through 16 hour days without plugging in with around 2.5-3hrs SOT. Any time I see an abnormal drain it gets cleared up by rebooting and/or disabling location services until I need it.

That's actually pretty terrible battery life, though if I could get that on lollipop I would be fine. This is what I would average in a week of light use, I mostly use the phone for basic stuff IE calls and texting while on 4.4.4. This was about 2 hours screen on time and 90 minutes of voice calls. I flashed back to 4.4.4 and I'm already back on track to hit this kind of battery life again.

uploadfromtaptalk1423351969171.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well I can't access them. What rom are you using?

Go to your dialer and enter *#*#3282#*#* that should be all you need to do.

Also if you don't have a Sprint SIM inserted you will not be able to open the menus
  • Like 1

I have a sprint sim and I can still enter the menus but when you want to edit something you need to enter your msl. Which is really annoying considering I brought my own phone that I bought from the play store. When I was on t-mobile I never ran into an issue like this.

I have my phones MLS, I was doing this all the time under 4.4.4 kitkat.   I am pretty sure my phone is prioritizing B25 over B41 but I have no way of knowing because I can no longer access band priority since being on lollipop. 

I have a sprint sim and I can still enter the menus but when you want to edit something you need to enter your msl. Which is really annoying considering I brought my own phone that I bought from the play store. When I was on t-mobile I never ran into an issue like this.

Just ask for it, or swap the device online and it will give it to you.

I have my phones MLS, I was doing this all the time under 4.4.4 kitkat. I am pretty sure my phone is prioritizing B25 over B41 but I have no way of knowing because I can no longer access band priority since being on lollipop.

uploadfromtaptalk1424192443319.png

It still works, *#*#3282#*#*, click LTE, click edit, enter MSL. Mine get reset every time I update my profile or reset the phone so I stopped bothering. It only effects the initial scan.

I have my phones MLS, I was doing this all the time under 4.4.4 kitkat.   I am pretty sure my phone is prioritizing B25 over B41 but I have no way of knowing because I can no longer access band priority since being on lollipop. 

The network decides that, not your phone...

Yep,  band priority on the phone only applies for attaching to the network after transitioning from a no service state, such as airplane mode.  Once you're connected the network shuffles you around as needed and the band priority doesn't matter.

• Like 1

Well Sprint really messed up my coverage because I am only B25 for the least six weeks or so and I used to be locked on B41 which was faster in terms of bandwith and pings and better energy efficiency.

You should check with other users in your area to see if they are experiencing the same issues you are. It could be that your area could be experiencing issues or they are tuning the towers. I myself have noticed that I drop to b25 a lot more than I have in the past.