Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

**Sorry for posting twice. For some reason, I wasn't able to edit or delete the previous post.

How about another Sprint device?

Anyone else put there take shorter than 3 minutes to go from 3G to LTE? 

Is there a way to quantify this data: When on 3G, how long it takes to recan and reconnect to LTE? 

Also, with LTE priorities, I currently have 
B25- 0
B26 - 0
B41 - 1

What if I gave B26 and B41 the value of "2" and B25 the value of "1"? I'm wondering what the value of each number is or if it's just a number that signifies priority. If "1" has a different value than "0", maybe when the phone is on 3G, it'll affect which bands it scans for in a faster manner.

Edited by guirae

**Sorry for posting twice. For some reason, I wasn't able to edit or delete the previous post.

How about another Sprint device?[/size]

Anyone else put there take shorter than 3 minutes to go from 3G to LTE? [/size]

Is there a way to quantify this data: When on 3G, how long it takes to recan and reconnect to LTE? 

B25- 0

B26 - 0

B41 - 1

What if I gave B26 and B41 the value of "2" and B25 the value of "1"? I'm wondering what the value of each number is or if it's just a number that signifies priority. If "1" has a different value than "0", maybe when the phone is on 3G, it'll affect which bands it scans for in a faster manner.

By changing the scan time on my G3, it picks up LTE after losing it in about 20-50 seconds. Since I have a weak signal in my house, the SCP chimes were going off about 3 times every 5 minutes. Setting the scan time back to normal, it was still picking up LTE within 3 minutes of losing the signal.

Band priorities will not affect scan time, just the order in which Bands are scanned. And even then it's only the initial scan. If a band is scanned, but not found, it could possibly add to the wait time. The only values that can be used are 0 and 1 for priorities.

By changing the scan time on my G3, it picks up LTE after losing it in about 20-50 seconds. Since I have a weak signal in my house, the SCP chimes were going off about 3 times every 5 minutes. Setting the scan time back to normal, it was still picking up LTE within 3 minutes of losing the signal.

Band priorities will not affect scan time, just the order in which Bands are scanned. And even then it's only the initial scan. If a band is scanned, but not found, it could possibly add to the wait time. The only values that can be used are 0 and 1 for priorities.

Why can scan times be altered on the G3 but not the Nexus 5?

• Like 1

B25- 0

B26 - 0

B41 - 1

When it happens to me I either toggle airport mode or do a PRL update and it fixes it.

New google play don't know the whole version but its 5. Something. Here's the apk. http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/google-play-store/google-play-store-5-0-31-apk/

I tired using the new Google play store apk on Android L and it crashes all the time. Did anyone else experience this issue?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

band 41 is only suppose to be 1 right?

Has anyone documented the slow scan times with another sim, from tmo or ATT?

I mentioned it on XDA and they're trying to say it must be a Sprint issue.

I use my N5 on AT&T.  It has been a plague of it not scanning back to LTE for 3-5 minutes since the day I started AT&T service.  However, not everyone seems to have this problem.  Not even on Sprint.  Is it an early production issue?  I don't know.  I ordered my N5 in less than an hour after the went on sale.  I also have the issue when I use Tmo.

• Like 2

Since I've been reading this thread on N5 scan times, I had to try LTE scan time my LG G3.  I wend deep under my porch in my basement.  It was really hard to get the phone to drop back to 3G.  The G3 held on to the B26 signal down to -122 dBm.  I tried data at that level and it was flakey until I was back to about -118 dBm which then loaded web pages acceptably fast. 

When the phone fell back to 3G it was on 1xRTT - didn't get EV DO or eHRPD at all (I was in that dense of an underground area).  I held it there for about a minute then moved the phone to a stronger signal area.  The G3 literally reconnected to LTE B26 instantly.  In fact when it was right at the threshold, using Mike's SCP app, I literally could see the connection fluttering between LTE and 1xRTT.  Never saw any Sprint Tri Band phone trigger like that before.  The G3 with its current radio and settings switches instantly.  Flipped me out.  I was able to repeat this test a few times with the exact same results - including the fluttering between 1xRTT and LTE B26 at threshold level. 

I am most impressed with the reception of the G3.

I didn't want to jack this thread - just wanted to share my personal experience with the G3 scan time with all of you.  Hope you found it very interesting as I did.

• Like 2

My belief is the nexus 5 scan time is directly related to non-ecsfb towers in the area.

If I go to a non-lte/low/no signal area, when I return to an lte coverage the nexus 5 will normally pick up lte right away.

It is when the n5 is 'forced' to 3g (in the middle of known lte areas) that it gets stuck and won't go back to lte without either an airplane mode toggle or an extremely long time.

It is either ecsfb, or some other n5 specific issue with some combination of mixed b25/26/41, or even potentially a market/equipment issue (whatever stlouis lte equipment is being used).

I use my N5 on AT&T. It has been a plague of it not scanning back to LTE for 3-5 minutes since the day I started AT&T service. However, not everyone seems to have this problem. Not even on Sprint. Is it an early production issue? I don't know. I ordered my N5 in less than an hour after the went on sale. I also have the issue when I use Tmo.

Could there be an issue with the fact that the N5 has many more radios (since it isn't limited to only the 3 bands Sprint uses for Sprint) than other Sprint branded (radio-ed) phones? Bit of a stretch and not quite logically cohesive but could it be that the N5 could be scanning through all the different bands/radios before it checks B25/26/41?

Also some are stating that Build KTU84P has a different modem than KTU84Q. Could this be an issue? I'm on 84P and it is 4.4.4. Anyone have 84Q and have better results in regards to going to 3G to LTE in a faster time?

Edited by guirae