HTC M8/New Flagship

Paynefanbro

I hope HTC nails it. I had the HTC EVO and loved it. Since then, they haven't produced a device I can actually own regardless of how much money they throw at ads. My hard spots are (and I'm paticular) :

- the rubber band action (or lack thereof as it does this stupid accordion effect) reaching the end of the menu is ugly

- I don't want a silver phone so hopefully their color options of red, black, and/or white come out at launch (I don't want a year old phone)

- have the best processor (I for one tax my phone so heavily on normal usage that I can even bring a Nexus 5 to its knees)

- fix the front side button layout

- have another way to turn on my screen (I hate having the power button be my only way to turn on the screen since it requires undue effort when I'm not holding my phone in my hand already - e.g. ; knock on, active notifications, Google search turn on, back of phone button, etc.

I hope HTC nails it. I had the HTC EVO and loved it. Since then, they haven't produced a device I can actually own regardless of how much money they throw at ads. My hard spots are (and I'm paticular) :

- the rubber band action (or lack thereof as it does this stupid accordion effect) reaching the end of the menu is ugly

I don't understand what you are talkign about here.  Is this the action where the lists bounce back when you hit the end of them?  If so, I don't understand your disdain for it.

- I don't want a silver phone so hopefully their color options of red, black, and/or white come out at launch (I don't want a year old phone)

I got my Black edition the same day my GF got her silver.  There normally is two options at launch.

- have the best processor (I for one tax my phone so heavily on normal usage that I can even bring a Nexus 5 to its knees)

Rumors are it will. 

- fix the front side button layout

This has not changed since the EVO, or at least from what i remember.

- have another way to turn on my screen (I hate having the power button be my only way to turn on the screen since it requires undue effort when I'm not holding my phone in my hand already - e.g. ; knock on, active notifications, Google search turn on, back of phone button, etc.

This i can kind of agree with.  tablets use other buttons like home buttons to wake the screen.

• Like 1

- have the best processor (I for one tax my phone so heavily on normal usage that I can even bring a Nexus 5 to its knees).

Whatever the HTC M8 is ultimately called, it is not going to have a significantly better processor than the Nexus 5.  At best, it will be a modest upgrade.  At worst, it will use the very same Qualcomm chipset as the Nexus 5.  If that is inadequate for you, you may need to rethink your usage profile.  Otherwise, you may need to move to more appropriate hardware than a smartphone, which you should remember is still at its core a phone.

AJ

People seem to be concerned about the front HTC logo killing off potential screen estate. Looks kinda fishy to me, if that's what it'll look like. We'll see when HTC announces it.

Sent from my LG-LS980

I don't mind the black bar there. The phone resembles the HTC One and looks so pretty. I might be picking this device up on Day 1.

I don't mind the black bar there. The phone resembles the HTC One and looks so pretty. I might be picking this device up on Day 1.

While I do enjoy my G2, I'll likely pick up either the S5 or the M8.  We'll see which one has an SD slot and better RF performance. :P

• Like 1

While I do enjoy my G2, I'll likely pick up either the S5 or the M8.  We'll see which one has an SD slot and better RF performance. :P

Pretty sure you can count the M8 out on an SD card slot...

You still couldn't sell me on a Samsung device. Especially after using the N5. 

• Like 1

I think just about everything that has been "leaked" so far are all fake.  I do think that this one, which is also a render, is the closest to how it might look.

• Like 1

I think just about everything that has been "leaked" so far are all fake.  I do think that this one, which is also a render, is the closest to how it might look.

If it looks anything like that, I will fall in love.

If it looks anything like that, I will fall in love.

What do you think about this one?

http://news.softpedia.com/newsImage/Alleged-HTC-M8-Live-Photo-Leaks-Could-Be-Fake-425841-2.jpg/

I think its definitely a photoshop of the current One but it would be nice if it did have all that screen with basically no bezel.

• Like 1

What do you think about this one?

http://news.softpedia.com/newsImage/Alleged-HTC-M8-Live-Photo-Leaks-Could-Be-Fake-425841-2.jpg/

I think its definitely a photoshop of the current One but it would be nice if it did have all that screen with basically no bezel.

That's just as pretty, but I prefer the rounded-ness of the other render.

So we now have this leak which actually does look like the device but the screen looks small almost like a mini version. But that could be the depth perception. http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/AndroidPolice/~3/pTzyZz9oRZk/story01.htm

Which the above link could be a mini as this was the leak from the other dayhttp://www.slashgear.com/htc-one-2-m8-details-leak-in-up-close-photos-12316740/

• Like 1

I'm not a fan if this leak is true. The black bar with the HTC logo and asymmetrical speaker grills will annoy my ocd.

HTC's 2014 One leaks out in first press image http://www.theverge.com/2014/2/19/5425446/htc-2014-one-press-image-leak

Personally I love the design. And I like how they brought the metal around the device this time around. There is a photo of the top of the device too. It's all black and glossy and the IR sensor seems present once again.

• Like 1

the gold finish look better on the original HTC One and HTC One max. I do like how I seen the silver gunmetal finish is the other link HTC One looks! Need to see it in hand... Hope rf is better than the One and One max...

• Like 1

I'm not a fan if this leak is true. The black bar with the HTC logo and asymmetrical speaker grills will annoy my ocd.

HTC's 2014 One leaks out in first press image http://www.theverge.com/2014/2/19/5425446/htc-2014-one-press-image-leak

It's bezel time! Ugh... I hate HTC. Their last phone had a useless HTC logo at least surrounded by useful buttons. Now we get more bezel for no added benefit! On-screen buttons were supposed to make the screen bigger, not smaller.

• Like 2