Breaking Band: Tri-band LTE / eCSFB issues thread

no in my apartment it will drop off when swtching between towers and won't pick back up, unless you force it in a certain spot. Like it gives priority to 3g in that instance.

no in my apartment it will drop off when swtching between towers and won't pick back up, unless you force it in a certain spot. Like it gives priority to 3g in that instance.

Mine has been holding for about an hour now.  Hopefully they'll reprogram that transitional phase.

Just wanted to let everybody know that LTE is on in Harrisburg PA. Apparently, the eCSFB update went through late this afternoon early evening.

Its on in Altoona also. I was worried for awhile :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

• Like 1

Do you have the LG G2?  Sorry, I just saw you had the N5.  I could have sworn that I read on one of these threads; The_Dave was holding on to LTE the whole way down to -126 dBm...

That's odd that you can't hold onto a weaker signal. I routinely hold all the way to -126 before it drops off a few moments later to eHRPD. I get very useable service at that level, too. I do agree that the scan time needs improvement. It takes too long before deciding to try searching out an LTE signal.

That's odd that you can't hold onto a weaker signal. I routinely hold all the way to -126 before it drops off a few moments later to eHRPD. I get very useable service at that level, too. I do agree that the scan time needs improvement. It takes too long before deciding to try searching out an LTE signal.

transitwatch889 also said his drops off at -118 dBm.  Hmmmmmmmmmmmm?

I wonder if this is quality control differences between our devices?  It would be interesting to see what one of the experts here think about this.

I will have to wait until the next time I'm on the highway to take a screen shot of a fringe signal. I am literally walking around the most interior part of a metal building and can't for the life of me get a signal lower than -108 dBm. Curse this powerful LTE signal here in Florida!

• Like 2

I will have to wait until the next time I'm on the highway to take a screen shot of a fringe signal. I am literally walking around the most interior part of a metal building and can't for the life of me get a signal lower than -108 dBm. Curse this powerful LTE signal here in Florida!

I'm in a metal building right now as well.  It's just amazing how well this 1900 MHz signal propagates.  I can't wait until Shwntel turns on the 800 MHZ on the towers near me.  If 1900 does this well, I can only imagine what 800 will do.  I wonder if it is logarithmic or linear?

I think I saw somebody else experiencing the same thing.  The tower nearest my home that has 4G is both 3G and 4G NV accepted, the tower nearest my work is only 4G accepted.  I cannot connect to 4G at the tower nearest my home without switching to LTE only.  I am connecting to 4G at work in CDMA/LTE.  This is in an Ericcson market.  Weird stuff, I will check out some other towers today if I get a chance.

my Nexus 5 will randomly just drop the mobile connection entirely.  it can take up to 30 seconds for it to come back.  is this common for areas where there are triband issues or does everyone experience this in all markets?  this happens when i am stationary at home with a solid airave signal and when i am out and about driving.  see screenshot...

nex5.png

This has been happening to me as well.  I have been searching, but could not find an answer if this was a known issue or fixed.  I am in the northeast so LTE/Ecsfb is not an issue for me.  

Edited by Mike014

Have you noticed you can't dial numbers with area codes? I switched from Global mode to LTE mode, and now I can, very strange.

I don't understand why anyone uses Global mode?  Switching from Global mode to LTE/CDMA mode was one of the first settings, I switched on my phone.  Its not like people are going to connect to WCDMA/HSPA+ anyways.

I don't understand why anyone uses Global mode? Switching from Global mode to LTE/CDMA mode was one of the first settings, I switched on my phone. Its not like people are going to connect to WCDMA/HSPA+ anyways.

Well default is global, its not really a matter of why people do it, apparently Sprint/Google does it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

So they put a watermark on our spreadsheet? Someone needs to send them a sternly written statement for not citing sources. 

• Like 9

So they put a watermark on our spreadsheet? Someone needs to send them a sternly written statement for not citing sources. 

Whoa that is not cool at all.  Someone should start a new thread so this bounces to the main page.  This needs attention and is not acceptable at all.  

Whoa that is not cool at all. Someone should start a new thread so this bounces to the main page. This needs attention and is not acceptable at all.

I just brought it up on their Google+ page and he replied with this.

"that's being fixed. I didn't know the watermark was there, and I also didn't know it was from S4GRU. It was sent to me separately."

Edit - Looks like they fixed it :)

Edited by Shiki8

I just brought it up on their Google+ page and he replied with this.

"that's being fixed. I didn't know the watermark was there, and I also didn't know it was from S4GRU. It was sent to me separately."

So he's just blindly accepting information without any sense of where the info is coming from?  Also, didn't know how his own watermark got on the screenshot?  I'm very doubtful of that.

Some shoddy journalism one way or the other. This has really struck a nerve with me because so many on this forum volunteer their knowledge and time and ask nothing in return.  The least that can be done is credit them when appropriate. 

• Like 6

So he's just blindly accepting information without any sense of where the info is coming from? Also, didn't know how his own watermark got on the screenshot? I'm very doubtful of that.

Some shoddy journalism one way or the other. This has really struck a nerve with me because so many on this forum volunteer their knowledge and time and ask nothing in return. The least that can be done is credit them when appropriate.

Yeah I don't disagree with you. The watermark was removed and now it says via lilg740s4gru with a link to the site's main page.

I emailed them. They said it was a "misunderstanding."

Thanks, but yeah hmmm misunderstanding

Edited by Shiki8