LTE Plus / Enhanced LTE (was "Sprint Spark" - Official Name for the Tri-Band Network)

Now it's all about execution. And now it is in Matayoshi Son's hands. So we know it will happen. And the devices are starting to come out now. Happy days ahead! Except for me here in the Northern Prairies. :(

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

I still think you should have just moved the site that was next store to your old home....

• Like 2

I still think you should have just moved the site that was next store to your old home....

He needs to hijack a Sprint COW and Park it in his driveway

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

• Like 7

Happy days ahead! Except for me here in the Northern Prairies. :(

Well you could always move back to Reno, home of the second best football school in the state.  ;)

Story.jpg

Back to the topic at hand though, I imagine by the time the Note 4 comes out there should be nice LTE coverage across PCS, SMR and BRS/EBS here. The timing *should* be perfect!

• Like 5

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/10/30/sprint-brands-its-tri-band-lte-network-spark-four-tri-band-phones-coming-nov-8-speeds-around-50-60mbps/

Just giving tri-band a fancy name for consumers? Although I'm surprised they're already launching 5 cities (Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, and Tampa)... my understanding was that 1900 MHz was still being rolled out, and 800 and 2500/2600 was still a couple of years away (that the rollout hadn't started yet).

I mean no offense, but it always puzzles me when members start a thread on news that was announced hours ago.  We have enough staffers and frequent posters watching the Interwebs that we almost certainly have a thread already running.  Sprint may be accused of being slow, but S4GRU cannot.

AJ

• Like 15

He needs to hijack a Sprint COW and Park it in his driveway

If Robert is going to put it in his driveway or yard, I would probably recommend one of these...

painted%20cow.jpg

We have plenty of them in Kansas City, maybe because Sprint is headquartered in Overland Park.

;)

AJ

• Like 3

So here is the math, comparing one VZW LTE carrier with maximum coverage, one Sprint TD-LTE carrier on 12 sites would have 18 times the capacity, for half the customers. Whoa!

Now it's all about execution. And now it is in Matayoshi Son's hands. So we know it will happen. And the devices are starting to come out now. Happy days ahead! Except for me here in the Northern Prairies. :(

Never even thought about it that way. Damn the possibilities are amazing.

Also, I think Matayoshi hears your cries and everyone elses that travel that way for Sturgis.

• Like 1

Almost cool enough to make me consider moving back to Sprint from Ting. Almost. 

I still feel that Sprint's pricing is too high for the service it CURRENTLY delivers.

Why wouldn't Ting get all of this?  Unless you are talking about the phone subsidy?

Never even thought about it that way. Damn the possibilities are amazing.

Also, I think Matayoshi hears your cries and everyone elses that travel that way for Sturgis.

22987295.jpg

• Like 1

"Equipped with one of Sprint’s new tri-band devices, customers in upgraded areas of these first Sprint Spark coverage areas will have access to our fastest mobile data speeds with improved call quality and stronger indoor signal on the way.". http://faster.sprint.com/2013/10/30/first-sprint-spark-cities-announced/?INTMKT=MA:MS:103013:SparkHub:Home_Content

Are we talking VoLTE here?

Are we talking VoLTE here?

Don't think so:

"Also through Network Vision, Sprint is upgrading its 3G services with all-new equipment to bring users improved coverage, better signal strength, fewer dropped calls and improved voice quality. The Network Vision 3G capability includes High Definition Voice to make HD calls Sprint's new standard for voice quality. HD Voice is a next-generation technology for mobile phones where background noise is virtually eliminated and sound quality is dramatically enhanced. Sprint's HD Voice offering reaches approximately 85 million people across the Sprint network today, and the company expects 250 million to have access to HD Voice capability by mid-2014. Sprint expects 12 million HD Voice devices in the customer base by the end of 2013, growing to 20 million by the end of 2014."

http://www.4-traders.com/SPRINT-CORP-13620883/news/Sprint-Corp--Sprint-Demonstrates-1-Gigabit-Over-the-Air-Speed-at-Silicon-Valley-Lab-17411939/

The extra capacity will be amazing on all those extra sites. I'm just worried about the cost, build outs, extra permits and slow back haul.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk

The best part of the backhaul on the BC41 is that it is already microwave, which is scaled already.

The best part of the backhaul on the BC41 is that it is already microwave, which is scaled already.

Try scaling microwave for 6-12 hops... which is how clearwire typically backhauls their sites. 

http://faster.sprint.com/2013/10/30/igniting-the-future/?INTMKT=MA:MS:103013:SparkHub:Articles_RelatedContent

On this page at the bottom, it says sprint spark will be available in America's top 100 cities by 2016? Now what do they mean by that?

http://faster.sprint.com/2013/10/30/igniting-the-future/?INTMKT=MA:MS:103013:SparkHub:Articles_RelatedContent

On this page at the bottom, it says sprint spark will be available in America's top 100 cities by 2016? Now what do they mean by that?

Maybe the top 100 Cities in the "S4GRU" NV rollout list thread....:-P

It means they are going to focus build out of Band 41 with carrier aggregation and 8xMIMO in the Top 100 cities first. Band 41 is going to be deployed nationwide. However, the upgraded elements of Band 41 build out is going to require a lot of infrastructure upgrade. Sites are going to need much more backhaul then they currently are receiving. This is going to be a massive undertaking.

• Like 2

Ok, can we talk about this section of their chart?

jLqLmRq.png

Granted they cheat a little on the chart by switching from "average speed" to "peak speed," but can we really expect speeds of 50-60 Mbps from current NV complete sites under light to average load?

Edit: guess not considering the above post from Robert.

• Like 1

Ok, can we talk about this section of their chart?

Granted they cheat a little on the chart by switching from "average speed" to "peak speed," but can we really expect speeds of 50-60 Mbps from current NV complete sites under light to average load?

Spark is basically the TD-LTE network. It's less confusing to market TD_LTE as Sprint Spark than market two different flavors of "4G" technologies. 

It means they are going to focus build out of Band 41 with carrier aggregation and 8xMIMO in the Top 100 cities first. Band 41 is going to be deployed nationwide. However, the upgraded elements of Band 41 build out is going to require a lot of infrastructure upgrade. Sites are going to need much more backhaul then they currently are receiving. This is going to be a massive undertaking.

OK I thought it was relating to both 800LTE and 2.5/2.6LTE. The 2016 is relating to the Super capacity band 41. I was going to say if by 2 years they only have 800LTE in 100 cities when most equipment is already installed haha

Huh, Sprint doing a well-thought out design? Something that looks competent from a marketing perspective?  Wow!  :D

Hehe... that's a nearly identical layout o the new internal employee iConnect homepage... they recently redesigned the entire intranet interface and combined several microsites together into new iConnect homepages aimed at each area of the business (retail/business/etc).

• Like 1

Why wouldn't Ting get all of this?  Unless you are talking about the phone subsidy

Ting will get the network improvements of course but the BYOD Triband phones will be delayed by a year unless I want to pay the $600+ for a new phone. I also don't use much in the way of bandwidth right now mostly because it is kind of enjoyable to pay so little for phone service. With the administrative fees etc that Sprint adds to it's bill it would be 3-4x more expensive than my current bill which is hard to justify. 

As I said, I feel that Sprint's service in it's current state isn't worth $160+ after taxes for 2 unlimited lines. 

Edit: To get there I would have to use over 1k mins/1k texts and over 6GB of data which I doubt I would be able to do if I tried on the towers around me. In 12 months that may be a different story but for now I will watch and wait for the network to be improved.