LTE Plus / Enhanced LTE (was "Sprint Spark" - Official Name for the Tri-Band Network)

Early 2014? :(  And I want my TD-LTE when I go to LA in the near future. Maybe I should get the GS4 mini so I can have my Spark the next time I go to LA.

Hopefully early 2014 is 1/1/14....

• Like 1

Early 2014? :(  And I want my TD-LTE when I go to LA in the near future. Maybe I should get the GS4 mini so I can have my Spark the next time I go to LA.

Ah, do not cry, Josh.  Just make adjustments to the band enable/priority settings.  There you go...

AJ

• Like 2

My initial impression is that the software update adjusts the band enable/priority settings and installs the Spark icons.  That may be it.  The adjustments that our members have made using their MSLs may have the same effect -- minus the icons.

AJ

We don't need no stinking icons.... :P

• Like 8

Ah, do not cry, Josh.  Just make adjustments to the band enable/priority settings.  There you go...

AJ

Lol! I wasn't crying AJ. Just wish LG had it together like HTC and Samsung.

Have we seen any recent internal documents confirming the Tri-band S4 (non-mini) besides the FCC OET filing?

None that we know of yet, but if some of their silent releases are any indication, look for a 25% chance of a surprise landing of the Tri-band S4 tomorrow. (Disclaimer: This is an unprofessional opinion! If the Tri-band S4 is not released tomorrow, do not get mad at me or Sprint.)

• Like 5

Curious to see these Spark icons.

I will bet my bottom dollar that it is the Spark icon we already have seen.  It is even in the corner of the leaked document.

AJ

• Like 2

My initial impression is that the software update adjusts the band enable/priority settings and installs the Spark icons.  That may be it.  The adjustments that our members have made using their MSLs may have the same effect -- minus the icons.

AJ

I'll be curious to see what Sprint has for its Band priority settings set by default on these Spark enabled phones.

I'm wondering if there is some sort of a Modem update that changes the priority or the LTE to B41/B25/B26?  From the couple of reports of connections to B41 it has been at non-colocated Clear/Sprint sites where the B41 was stronger than the B25 signal.

I will bet my bottom dollar that it is the Spark icon we already have seen. It is even in the corner of the leaked document.

AJ

I guess let me rephrase my question. What I meant to say was I am more curious about what the icon does. Is it an icon on the status bar or is it preinstalled Sprint Spark icon in the app drawer as part of bloatware?

If it is an app, then I am curious as to what you can do with it. Hopefully people will take some screenshots on their phones.

I guess let me rephrase my question. What I meant to say was I am more curious about what the icon does. Is it an icon on the status bar or is it preinstalled Sprint Spark icon in the app drawer as part of bloatware?

I say status bar icon.

AJ

• Like 3

None that we know of yet, but if some of their silent releases are any indication, look for a 25% chance of a surprise landing of the Tri-band S4 tomorrow. (Disclaimer: This is an unprofessional opinion! If the Tri-band S4 is not released tomorrow, do not get mad at me or Sprint.)

That'd be really convenient, I just got my replacement S4 yesterday for some reboot issues I was having with my S4....I would have just sold it back and got the Triband S4 in a few days! (doubtful it'd even come out that soon if announced....nor am I in a Spark market)

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

That'd be really convenient, I just got my replacement S4 yesterday for some reboot issues I was having with my S4....I would have just sold it back and got the Triband S4 in a few days! (doubtful it'd even come out that soon if announced....nor am I in a Spark market)

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Sorry you had reboot issues. And most of the time Sprint at least has a newsroom article out for a phone before launch, and the S4 triband has not had it's fact sheet released yet, so I'm not sure when release will be yet. I hope in time for the holiday shopping season though.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Just my opinion and it's probably said elsewhere in this top, but maybe the updates will actually not adjust the priority levels on each band, but allow them being the same priority to connect to whatever band it's getting an immediate connection to in the area. That should allow it to be seamless transition from one band to the other, instead of dropping a 2.5 band and then spends seconds searching for another 2.5 band before finally deciding to look for other bands.

• Like 2

Yeah, I really don't think the device prioritization will matter much in the long run, where the network will control band transitions based on load and signal strengths.

Posted this in the nexus 5 section but though it would be useful here

Went to visit a sprint store again today. I was very curious about how texting would work with the eCSFB during a data session.  i ran a speedtest on the nexus 5 while i texted it from another phone and i was very impressed. the speedtest kept going like nothing happened and the text came IMMEDIATELY. The LTE symbol stayed the whole time. I'm hopeful this will fix sprints texting issue since many times texts come in late on devices i have used but come in immediately on the nexus 5

So you think it will have that icon when cinnectes to band 41?

I think it will be on the Spark Icon when it's on LTE regardless of band....Just because they say "Spark" is the Tri-Band LTE solution...IMHO

• Like 1

From my limited testing of B41 LTE testing with the G2, I hope the OTA update is more than just flipping those switches in the ##data# menu. I can tell you that right now without the OTA it seems like Sprint really does not want you to connect to B41 LTE.

I get multiple disconnects and reconnects. If you are connected to B41 LTE and are not pushing data traffic through (speedtests, browsing web, watching youtube,etc) and be idle for like 5-10 seconds, you get disconnected and then reconnect even when i had a B41 signal of -70 dBm RSRP. It is very frustrating in doing testing and screenshot captures.

I am hoping the spark OTA update fixes the stability of connecting toB26 and B41 LTE. Sent from my LG G2 LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

This is how sprint is branding in Los Angeles. e7u9ehyg.jpg

Yes, nothing says masculine wireless network power quite like women's basketball...

AJ

• Like 4